Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2008, 11:28   #76
BHPian

Engine bay cleaning under pressure

I am new to pressure cleaning, so is it okay to open the bonnet and clean inside the engine bay under high pressure water? I have seen it being done in service stations. I do not want the water to knock-out any thing inside.
Old 14th September 2008, 11:30   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Gosh... I'm all for more knobs and stuff, but is that worth double the price?

Anyway, enjoy yours too.

These things are getting popular around here
Old 17th September 2008, 12:46   #78
BHPian

Aquatek 100 plus at Home Town Blr - rs 7600

Hi guys,

Home Town at Marthahalli in Bangalore, is selling Aquatek 100 plus at Rs 7600 at 20% discount off MRP of 10000 Approx.

Is it a good buy?
Old 17th September 2008, 13:45   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

the price on UK on-line shops is more like Rs6,000.

Another one for the Are Indians being ripped off thread?

Yes, I think so, and what is even worse than the 50% markup on retail price is the warranty period. Six months, the salesman told me. I could get two years if I bought it in UK!

Yes... Indians are being ripped off.

But I can hardly fly to England whenever I want a gadget, so I guess we have to pay the going prices.
Old 23rd September 2008, 00:30   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
I am new to pressure cleaning, so is it okay to open the bonnet and clean inside the engine bay under high pressure water? I have seen it being done in service stations. I do not want the water to knock-out any thing inside.
No baba, this will knock out your ignition. On a petrol vehicle, never do this. If you need to clean inside, use an old paint brush with strong soap solution and rinse carefully by hand.
Old 23rd September 2008, 01:00   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
the price on UK on-line shops is more like Rs6,000.

Another one for the Are Indians being ripped off thread?

Yes, I think so, and what is even worse than the 50% markup on retail price is the warranty period. Six months, the salesman told me. I could get two years if I bought it in UK!

Yes... Indians are being ripped off.

But I can hardly fly to England whenever I want a gadget, so I guess we have to pay the going prices.
Can you not get a basic Karcher washer cheap in India ? They are only about £35 in the UK and more than adequate for washing a car.

On the issue of Indians being ripped off, the basic Royal Enfield in the UK costs the equivalent of RS 2.1 lakh.
Old 23rd September 2008, 16:09   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

There is a Karcher stockist here (Chennai), but I think they deal in the commercial end of the range.

I notice on sites that sell parts and accessories that one can get adapters for Karcher, and other, accessories.

More importantly, one can also get input water filters. I'm sure the crud in our water will not be good for the pump. Will enquire from our dealer, or might order from Europe and see if it gets here.
Old 27th September 2008, 12:08   #83
BHPian

Someone mentioned to me that one can get cheap Chinese pressure washers in Mumbai, does anyone here have any knowledge of this?
Old 8th October 2008, 16:38   #84
BHPian

Pressure washers should be checked for the amount of water pressure they deliver since more than a certain PSI pressure can damage the paint.
Old 8th October 2008, 22:30   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't think anyone needs to check the PSI!

Enough if the instruction book says you can use one nozzle, but not another.

It is a good idea to read manuals! Just so happens that I do so compulsively (even though I then forget what I read); others seem to think they are only for wimps.

Errr... Not that I'm not a wimp, of course...
Old 9th October 2008, 00:15   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
Someone mentioned to me that one can get cheap Chinese pressure washers in Mumbai, does anyone here have any knowledge of this?
Avoid like the plague unless you want to buy a new pressure washer in a few months. The generic chinese ones are very poor quality and not even worth buying for RS1000.

My sister got one last year and it was so bad that it went back the same day. Repalced it with a Karcher which is the daddy of domestic pressure washers. You can get Kranzle washers which are commerical washers but they are expensive and not worth it for domestic use.
Old 23rd October 2008, 00:02   #87
BHPian

Can Somebody post the dealers/shops addresses in Bangalore where i can buy Bosch AQUATAK 100 PLUS or any of that series pressure washer?

When i posted a query on Bosch's website, they forwarded to a dealer who gave a quote of Rs.13,625/- for AQUATAK 100 PLUS - HIGH PRESSURE WASHER. I guess its a rip-off and thankfully didnot buy it at that time.

Thanks
-Vaspro
Old 23rd October 2008, 12:12   #88
BHPian

Aquatak price

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaspro View Post
Can Somebody post the dealers/shops addresses in Bangalore where i can buy Bosch AQUATAK 100 PLUS or any of that series pressure washer?

When i posted a query on Bosch's website, they forwarded to a dealer who gave a quote of Rs.13,625/- for AQUATAK 100 PLUS - HIGH PRESSURE WASHER. I guess its a rip-off and thankfully didnot buy it at that time.

Thanks
-Vaspro
I paid only Rs.8,500/- in Tirunelveli (South India) for Aquatak 100 Plus. So don't pay more than this.
Old 8th January 2009, 14:52   #89
BHPian

Saw this listing on TechEnclave

eBay India: STAR-CLEANER - HIGH PRESSURE CAR WASHER (item 130279169269 end time 10-Jan-2009 14:09:34 IST)
Old 13th April 2009, 13:39   #90
BHPian

Pressurized water to clean under bonnet

I took my new Alto for the car wash to MASS last weekend (done 2000+ kms odd till date). The guys in the service station used the pressurized water jet to clean under the bonnet (engine area). I asked them if that will not create any problems especially in the electrical sections, they replied that the Alto electrical sealing is better and water will not enter inside and that they know where the water should not be sprayed.

They also sprayed the water inside the car, albeit for a few seconds.

Is spraying water for cleaning under the bonnet the right way to clean? Will it not create any problems?

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread MERGED. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 13th April 2009 at 15:15. Reason: Search please
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks