Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2010, 12:01   #106
BHPian

Re: Aquatak failed

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
My Bosch Aquatak, one year old failed with a burnt smell .
I have sent it for service to Chennai and waiting for their estimation.

I had bought it for Rs.8,500/- and had used it many times successfully.
Hi Manim - I was gifted an Aquatak 100 yesterday by my FIL who never used it. just wanted to check on how you connect yours to the water line - there is a attachment at the back, but with the water pressure, the pipe fitted to it keeps slipping out - how did you manage?

I used my washing machines' inlet hose to connect, which worked - but that can't be my permanent solution.
Old 29th December 2010, 12:25   #107
BHPian

Re: Wash cars under water pressure ?

You need to directly fix the water hose to the washer's inlet. There seems to be a problem, if you fix it with the attachment though.

You may go through the thread " PORTABLE PRESSURE WASHER" for details. Its been discussed elaborately.

I hope the attached picture helps.

Happy washing
Attached Files
File Type: doc Doc1.doc (762.5 KB, 673 views)
Old 29th December 2010, 13:55   #108
BHPian

Aquatak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderluster View Post
Hi Manim - I was gifted an Aquatak 100 yesterday by my FIL who never used it. just wanted to check on how you connect yours to the water line - there is a attachment at the back, but with the water pressure, the pipe fitted to it keeps slipping out - how did you manage?

I used my washing machines' inlet hose to connect, which worked - but that can't be my permanent solution.
You need to fix a 'clip' which you then tighten around the hose. I remember posting a photo in this thread or another, some months back, will get back after I find it.

edited:
here is it: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2069454

Last edited by manim : 29th December 2010 at 13:59.
Old 29th December 2010, 14:42   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

I thought we did this, with pics, some time before, but I might be thinking of that same thread where we discussed the leak due to missing O-ring.

It is made to take this type of clip-on hose fitting

Wash cars under water pressure ?-hoze.jpg

Originally made by a company called Hozelock (I think it is with a 'z') but cheap alternatives available for some time. Not easy to find in India, but this one, I think, is an Indian make.

Our supplier gave a length of hose and the fitting with the machine.
Old 3rd January 2011, 12:07   #110
BHPian

Re: Aquatak

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
You need to fix a 'clip' which you then tighten around the hose. I remember posting a photo in this thread or another, some months back, will get back after I find it.

edited:
here is it: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2069454
Thanks Manim!!

This helps.
Old 3rd January 2011, 15:06   #111
BANNED

Other than for cleaning the slush/muck the pressure water wash is not going to do wonders to your car's cleanliness. It is you manual washing with cloth/sponge which will remove the fine dust we find in Indian conditions. So, it's better not to waste money thinking it is a one stop solution for our wash.
Old 4th January 2011, 16:20   #112
Senior - BHPian

I have a 'Master Clean' pressure washer that was bought for 6750 Rs. (The Dealer imports parts from Germany and assembles the machine for sale here). I guess my washer is of type '90 bar pressure'.
I use it mainly for "inside the wheel-well and under body wash" of my cars.
I am comfortable washing the 'painted' parts with a 'car wash sponge'.

The best use for this machine as I have found, is for cleaning the floors/walls of bathrooms. I need just 10 minutes to make my bathroom spot less, and it saves all my 'bending and brushing the floor'.
Old 14th June 2011, 13:23   #113
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Using Team-BHP to promote vested and commercial interests is STRICTLY prohibited. Do refrain from marketing your goods / services on the board.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further, and to prevent your account from being permanently disabled.

Last edited by GTO : 15th June 2011 at 15:54.
RenuKumar is offline   Received Infraction
Old 14th June 2011, 14:09   #114
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

For those interested the Bosch Aqatak 100 is currently available for Rs. 7500 at Homecentres at a discounted offer against MRP of Rs. 10K.

I had planned to get myself one, and asked them for a demo of a fresh unit. Visted twice and spent almost 1 hr each time and yet the guys there were not able to get a new unit to work the first time and the second time after it worked were not able to remove the pipe fitted to the front exit (not the entry at the rear) and when there were able to do it they managed to damage the entry pipe groves on the unit side. Felt that if it is co hard for people trained to give demos then it somehow may not be convenient to use. Have not yet gone for it.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2011, 15:13   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
For those interested the Bosch Aqatak 100 is currently available for Rs. 7500 at Homecentres at a discounted offer against MRP of Rs. 10K.

I had planned to get myself one, and asked them for a demo of a fresh unit. Visted twice and spent almost 1 hr each time and yet the guys there were not able to get a new unit to work the first time and the second time after it worked were not able to remove the pipe fitted to the front exit (not the entry at the rear) and when there were able to do it they managed to damage the entry pipe groves on the unit side. Felt that if it is co hard for people trained to give demos then it somehow may not be convenient to use. Have not yet gone for it.
It is not difficult to use Aquatak 100. i have been using one for the last 4 months and i am quite happy with the way it cleans. mainly use it for cleaning the wheel well, underbody and the mats...

To remove the pipe in the front, just press the lever for releasing the spray.. its difficult to remove the pipe in the front when the pressue spray is not fully released...
ArunV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2011, 15:18   #116
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely no such issues for me, been using it for more than a year now.
Old 14th June 2011, 15:19   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
after it worked were not able to remove the pipe fitted to the front exit
Idiots.

I know, because I was one too. I even took pliers to it before realising that all I need to do was to operate the trigger to release the pressure! The connector then unscrews easily. (Oh, already posted)

I think the price is still a rip-off compared without outside India --- but don't be put off by the ineptitude of your demonstrators.

Anyway, I don't have the pressure problem any longer as the trigger valve has jammed open. That is my only issue with the machine.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 14th June 2011 at 15:21.
Old 14th June 2011, 17:31   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
bosch makes one but i guess it will be more expensive? anyone using such an equipment? every time i bought such toys, they remain useless after the initial excitement.
I bought a BOSH
AQUATAK 100 PLUS - HIGH PRESSURE WASHER
Part No. : 0 600 876 B00
Max. Pressure : 100 bar
Max. Flow Rate : 350 l/h
Max. Flow Temperature : 60° C
Motor Power : 1500 W
Hose Length : 5 Mts.
Auto stop : Yes
Weight : 6 Kg Applications
• Washes your car squeaky clean, right from the wheels and doors to the most unreachable of areas
• Cleans the tiles in the garden paths and driveways
• Removes dirt that sticks to garage shutters, which is otherwise hard to clean

I got it from a bosh dealer for 5.6K. It is quite useful for people like me who have no other choice but to clean the car by ourselves.
Old 14th June 2011, 17:59   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

I just washed my car under ...rain pressure!
Old 15th June 2011, 15:25   #120
BHPian

A year ago, I bought a Zinsano 130. Its an italian make and cost me about 18K. Has a variable pressure setting and can go upto 130 bar. This is a professional portable washer. You need to be vary careful as it can strip paint if used improperly. The thing about such washers is that they will strip your car of the polish if it has been polished. I would recommend using them to wash the car body only if you intend to re-polish the car immediately after. These are great for cleaning the underbody, wheelwells, porches and bathrooms. It restores my alloys and the brakes calipers look squeaky clean after each wash.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed