Team-BHP - Swift Recall for replacement of Brake clips
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Swift Recall for replacement of Brake clips (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/29902-swift-recall-replacement-brake-clips.html)

Hi

Just recd a call from Maruti that my swift needs to be back at the showroom to get its "Brake Hose Clip / Tension Clips". Wonder what they are. Does anyone have any idea.

Bought my swift in Oct 2007. Do check with your dealers if thats true.

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by lambuhere1 (Post 591713)
Hi

Bought my swift in Oct 2007. Do check with your dealers if thats true.

Thanks

Did you mean Oct 2006 or recently this month ??

Quote:

Originally Posted by emkay456 (Post 591827)
Did you mean Oct 2006 or recently this month ??

Typo error. It should be sep 2007

Checked out with M/s Automotive just now. This relates to Swift Diesel models which it seems have some issues with the clips. So go ahead with the replacement if yours is a Diesel model.

Which model of Swift do you have?

Quote:

Originally Posted by emkay456 (Post 591876)
Checked out with M/s Automotive just now. This relates to Swift Diesel models which it seems have some issues with the clips. So go ahead with the replacement if yours is a Diesel model.

Mine is Swift VXI ABS bought on Sep 5 2007.

Btw what are this clips for and where can we locate them ?

damn maruti, what all more will u change? for 6 lacs worth of car, dont change 5 lacs worth of parts khattar. so TrueValue will then charge me only 1 lac for the car when i sell it :D

Can SwiftD owners confirm if their Turbos were replaced under a recall. My colleague has not got it changed yet, but the one service center says that they have completed recall of all turbos on cars sold by them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mail4ajo (Post 592422)
Can SwiftD owners confirm if their Turbos were replaced under a recall. My colleague has not got it changed yet, but the one service center says that they have completed recall of all turbos on cars sold by them.

got my second service done yesterday.
nothing on this turbo changing!
ll confirm it tomorrow.mine is apr2007 VDi.

I got my cars 2nd service done yesterday, there was no mention of brake clips, turbo replacement or anything, whats going on ?

If MUL continues this way then Swift will be the most recalled car in the planet rl:

We sould be happy to have manufacturers who take responsibility for the design or manufacturing defects they have. Just a decade ago it would have been a nightmare for the buyers when manufacturers used to burry their heads like Ostriches to get away with it..
Good work Maruti Suzuki...

I bought my VDi in June07. So far I did not get any recall letter from Maruti or its dealers for any replacement. Touchwood! Done second service 15 days back.

@Jaggu - Happy with this attitude of Maruti as comparing with other companies in India. No one publically recalls for defective parts. We have to change those defective parts by spending out money.