Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2007, 00:21   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
There is space for low fuel warning but no bulb placed in the Swift Diesel.
Even i have noticed it in my swift vxi, thought it will be only available in the zxi vesion.
Old 12th October 2007, 00:51   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
This may sound stupid, but when we have fuel gauges given in the instrument panel, why do we need a low fuel warning lamp, isn't it our responsibility to check the fuel level in our car before setting of anywhere?
Anand.S
Yes but do we all do the things we have the responsibility of doing? Why do we have a Door ajar warning lamps too? It is human nature to get easy and take things for granted. I agree was not a necessary thing but in todays hustle bustle world, i think its very necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Tell me how many of you guys drive the car to the near empty? There are so many useful features that Maruti and others have simply left out.
Why dont we talk about them rather than a not so useful low fuel indicator? We always have the level indicator. As a responsible driver, I think most of us looks at the indicators once in a while.
I dont think a thread needs to be dedicated to this
Buddy one man's meat is another man's poison. I am a living example of not looking at the fuel guage till it warns me. Responsibility and all that is fine but then we are responsible to do so many things but we do not. Today its so many persons driving cars. Everyones in a perpetual hurry and this happens mostly in a house where more than one person is driving a car, coz then you would know how much your car has run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchist View Post
There is a low fuel indicator in the Swift Petrol but I dont think it works anyways (no sensor & no bulb), I've seen this work on my old Santro though. I don't know why Maruti has disabled this feature in Swift. Its definitely a nice to have feature.
I dont think there is a warning light in a Swift. I have a ZXi and also had the misfortune of having a faulty guage (after two bad experiences I got it changed). The damn thing would get empty still showing between the 1/4th tank and reserve. I have even driven it to near empty but no light has come on!!
Old 12th October 2007, 01:09   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
The NHC doesn't have a temperature indicator. Isn't that more of a required feature then a low fuel indicator lamp? By the way, I have always wondered how can one know if the city is overheating? Is the system similar to the VW Beetle that has a blue lamp which glows till the engine reaches it's optimum operating temperature and then switches off automatically. If the engine overheats, a red light glows in the instrument cluster warning of the same. How does it work in the NHC?
Thats exactly how it works. I cant confirm if it glows red when the engine overheats, have'nt seen that happening yet. But its so stupid of Honda to have skipped on the temp gauge. How would one ascertain if the engine was running hotter than usual?
The low fuel lamp in comparison is a good gadget, but as others have mentioned, not something that is really essential. I mean, Gods given us eyes right, can't we figure out if the fuel needle is running down south.... towards its desired destination?

Last edited by roms : 12th October 2007 at 01:11.
Old 12th October 2007, 09:44   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
I dont think there is a warning light in a Swift. I have a ZXi and also had the misfortune of having a faulty guage (after two bad experiences I got it changed). The damn thing would get empty still showing between the 1/4th tank and reserve. I have even driven it to near empty but no light has come on!!
Well thats what I have mentioned too, though there is a provision for the same it has not been enabled in the Swift.
Old 12th October 2007, 10:42   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
This is on most base models isnt it? I think apart from cost cutting, it's also to diffrentiate between base and higher spec variants and also to make the buyer of the high spec model feel like he is getting more features for slightly more money.
This maybe off topic, but tell me, how does having an extra mirror make it a higher spec variant? Quite a vital thing to have omitted, if you ask me.

But then again, i came across a Honda Civic recently, the owner had both ORVMs folded while driving. Whats the use then?!
Old 12th October 2007, 11:45   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
But then again, i came across a Honda Civic recently, the owner had both ORVMs folded while driving. Whats the use then?!
A funny thing a taxi driver told me on a recent visit to Malaysia. One of his previous passengers who was from chennai, got onto the car from the airport and immediately folded the left ORVM. When the driver asked why he did that, his honest reponse was "wont someone break them in heavy traffic. I was just helping you..."

You cannot blame the Civic guy, The pair of ORVM may cost 10K+......
Old 12th October 2007, 14:23   #37
BHPian

Does the vitara has it coz its entirely imported? (Or is it locally made?)
Old 12th October 2007, 16:12   #38
BHPian

Ajo,

I will assume that you check the various gauges in your car every day before you start..unfortunately not everyone does that..I think such a feature can help people like me.

Maybe even an alarm for low fuel..!!
Old 12th October 2007, 16:36   #39
BANNED

guys...no low fuel warning lamp in swift petrol too...not even in the zxi. there is a low fuel sign near the Empy mark but it never glows..
Old 13th October 2007, 22:39   #40

Right now in Nepal, we have a sik petrol shortage and sometimes I am driving around in my m800 (most mileage than any other brand in Nepal) just hoping that the car wont go dry any second; if there was a low fuel indicator in m800 then mine would have got a sore throat by now !!!
Old 13th October 2007, 23:14   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh.C View Post
Does the vitara has it coz its entirely imported? (Or is it locally made?)
GV is a CBU, it might be having a low fuel, it should be after averaging around 6kmpl
Old 20th October 2008, 16:13   #42
BHPian

When you pay 5-6 lakhs for a car, you definitely expect such a simple feature.
Maruti is disgusting. there is a limit to cost cutting.
Old 20th October 2008, 17:53   #43
Senior - BHPian

yes no MSIL cars till date except swift petrol has it but the happy news is that A-star has it .It is a bad thing that MSIL has not including it in at least the higher end ones.
ram
Old 20th October 2008, 18:40   #44
Senior - BHPian

If the swift petrol has it then how come I have never seen it come on?
Old 20th October 2008, 20:43   #45
BHPian

quite surprising to know that ....even indica has it where it isn't expected!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed