Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2007, 20:01   #46
BHPian

Quote:
1.6 Stile...in Delhi its for 4.4 lack on Road after Discount of say 40k (including cash disc plus exchange/loyalty)
Latest is that Autofin(Hyderabad) is providing 18K off or accessories worth 24K on Stile 1.6. If you already own any 4 wheeler then they are provinding an extra 10k off.
Old 15th October 2007, 10:49   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyonblackybx View Post
Latest is that Autofin(Hyderabad) is providing 18K off or accessories worth 24K on Stile 1.6. If you already own any 4 wheeler then they are provinding an extra 10k off.
Here in delhi it is 25k cash discount granted plus 15k for loyalty which you can get easily after a bit bargain from dealer etc. so total of 40k in cash discount on any model of palio..
I wish there was Palio multijet Diesel car at this moment!!!
Old 15th October 2007, 11:03   #48
BHPian

I went to the dealer to enquire about the recent price cut. According to him, before the 50k price cut, discount on LT model was Rs 35,000 and on LS was Rs 28,000. Add to that 8,000 corporate discount. So the total discount figures were 43k for LT and 36k for LS.

Now the figures are 50k for both. There is no corporate discount offered now. I guess the price cut is significant for lower end models but not so for higher ones. (only 7k increase in discounted price for LT).

Plus now they have added Rs 3,800 for 'Temp and Logistics' on the ex-showroom price. Also you will have to pay an extra Rs 4,500 for metallic colours (I don't know if this was applicable earlier as well).
Old 15th October 2007, 11:36   #49
BHPian

I enquired with a dealer in bangalore as well. He says that the discount before the price cut was around 25K. I think that includes the corporate discount. But this seems to have levelled the playing field between those eligible for the corporate discount and those who are not.

Moreover since GM can manufacture only 2000 cars per month if the demand for suddenly shoots up, the waiting period for this car will also increase. GM was already selling 1500-1800 cars per month. With this offer, those not eligible for corporate discount will also start booking. Then what happens????
Old 15th October 2007, 12:08   #50
BHPian

Does anybody know when does the car get delivered, if booked now ?
Old 15th October 2007, 12:38   #51
BHPian

It is bit OffTopic.
But today When one of my friend called hyudai showroom to enquire any discount on Santro.And he got shocked to hear that the company stoped producing some models of santro and now some limited models is available. May be this is the indication of a new car which they are planning to launch in the festival season
Old 15th October 2007, 14:08   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobhit15 View Post
I went to the dealer to enquire about the recent price cut. According to him, before the 50k price cut, discount on LT model was Rs 35,000 and on LS was Rs 28,000. Add to that 8,000 corporate discount. So the total discount figures were 43k for LT and 36k for LS.

Now the figures are 50k for both. There is no corporate discount offered now. I guess the price cut is significant for lower end models but not so for higher ones. (only 7k increase in discounted price for LT).

Plus now they have added Rs 3,800 for 'Temp and Logistics' on the ex-showroom price. Also you will have to pay an extra Rs 4,500 for metallic colours (I don't know if this was applicable earlier as well).
So basically, they have just made official what was being already offered and found a reason to advertise. This happened with Corsa (when I bought it in Sep 03). In Mar 03, I think Corsa was advertised at 5.35. In Sep 03, advertised at 4.99 (when I bought it). But anyway, the price is now about right. The strategy followed by GM is what any marketer (read Nokia and others) follow: build hype, launch a product at a high price, cash in on initial hype, and then reduce prices when the initial hype has died own. Only difference is Nokia's new launches sell even after the hype has died down. (case in point: n95 launched at 35-36K, but now selling at 25K).
Old 15th October 2007, 14:47   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
This is interesting. I have always maintained that the Spark has failed to take off in the market. GM has successfully managed to create a hoopla around the car by saying that because of capacity restrictions they can only make 2000 units/month and therefore there aren't too many sparks on the roads. This price reduction is GM's acceptance of the fact that the Spark has flopped.

Ever since the car was launched it has been doing about 1800-2000 units per month. If the demand is so high why can't GM transfer some capacity to manufacturing the Spark? In any case, none of their cars are best sellers so it's not like they are struggling to meet demand of all their models.
-------------------------------------------------

I beg to differ here .... i would not call that Spark failed.

Actually the thing is that in terms of space it competes with Alto and Zen but pricing pits it against Wagon R and Santro.

So reducing the price is a good initiative but the only mistake GM makes again and again is not pricing the car rightly in the first instance.
Old 15th October 2007, 15:08   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobhit15 View Post
Isn't something weird here? GM keeps saying that they can't meet demand for the Spark as they are restricted to manufacturing 2,000 units/day. If this is true, then why are they giving away such heavy discounts on the car?
Old 15th October 2007, 17:05   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Isn't something weird here? GM keeps saying that they can't meet demand for the Spark as they are restricted to manufacturing 2,000 units/day. If this is true, then why are they giving away such heavy discounts on the car?
I guess you meant 2000 units/month - correct ?
Old 15th October 2007, 17:26   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namit
...Actually the thing is that in terms of space it competes with Alto and Zen but pricing pits it against Wagon R and Santro.
The Matiz is more spacious than WagonR and Santro. So i find it ridiculous that it competes with Zen and Alto in terms of space

Last edited by Minardi : 15th October 2007 at 17:28. Reason: typo
Old 15th October 2007, 17:41   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namit View Post
-------------------------------------------------

Actually the thing is that in terms of space it competes with Alto and Zen
Matiz was the most spacious small car of its time. The driver seat of the matiz can slide back almost as far as my Baleno.
Old 16th October 2007, 21:12   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbasak View Post
Chevrolet Spark = Daewoo Matiz

AFAIK, following poor sales of Matiz in initial years, Daewoo reduced price to boost up sale. But Matiz never became a rival for Zen/Alto.

History proves that initial pricing must be correct. Else, you'll lose out forever.
Baleno is another example.
Old 28th October 2007, 12:15   #59
BHPian

Got back to Concord motors salesman here in Hyd and now is ready to give a RS25000 off.

He provided this info only after asking about the piece of news in TOI regarding RS38000 off on Stile. He has his own version, said that RS38000 off is in Delhi since its cheap in Delhi n bla bla.

I still feel I can get even better deal say atleast a RS30000 off. What says guys?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks