Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2007, 20:00   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Zappo - Check post numer 41 of tushky, you will see the diff between a non Airbag Indica and this one, see how they have stuck it.
Yes, its a bit odd the way the airbag has been incorporated. However, this isn't too displeasing a detail, to make it more conventional would have involved fabrication of a new dashboard and its corresponding tooling. Quite unnecessary at this stage. It works the same.

Indica Turbo's are not necessarily slow.
Old 19th October 2007, 21:06   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

@ranc -why do you say that?
ABS is an important feature even while traveling at 40kmph. I remember reading somewhere (not necessarily on this forum but somewhere on the website) that a car travelling at 80kmph, with ABS took 13m (32m) less to come to a full hault, in comparison to a car without ABS (45m).
The main point of ABS is to prevent the wheels from locking and to maintain full control of the car even if required to brake hard.
There are some threads regarding ABS on this forum, which would be a good and informative read. I am sure you'll change your viewpoint about ABS after reading those threads.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...?highlight=abs
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...?highlight=abs

As for the new Indica, correct me if i am wrong but the Indica's that are up for Export have a similar dash (like the one posted by tushky) in order to incorporate the Airbags.
By the way, this is OT but now that Tata has come out with ABS and Airbags, I am sure we'll see them in Fiat's soon as well.

Last edited by lamborghini : 19th October 2007 at 21:08.
Old 19th October 2007, 21:36   #63
Senior - BHPian

The airbag placement for passenger is not new. It was engineered many years ago for the City Rover (or whatever it was called). The same thing is carried over.
Old 19th October 2007, 21:49   #64
Senior - BHPian

Old 19th October 2007, 22:41   #65
Senior - BHPian

Isnt there anyone else who thinks it is bloody overcharging?

60k for abs/airbags is way higher than the norm for hatchbacks! I recall ~30k is what estilo vxi and vxi with abs/driver airbag differential costs in Delhi.

and for the love of god, this is tata - this is overly high priced!
Old 19th October 2007, 23:49   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
and for the love of god, this is tata - this is overly high priced!
because Airbag model is meant for Export. so Tata might be importing this car . thats why it is overpriced.
Old 20th October 2007, 00:09   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
60k for abs/airbags is way higher than the norm for hatchbacks! I recall ~30k is what estilo vxi and vxi with abs/driver airbag differential costs in Delhi.and for the love of god, this is tata - this is overly high priced!
Tatas are also charging 30K for abs+driver-bag. They're charging 30K for the passenger airbag because they've added to aesthetics of the car by putting that visually stimulating contraption on the passenger side of the dashboard.

Tata, you never let me down.
Old 20th October 2007, 01:49   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
because Airbag model is meant for Export. so Tata might be importing this car . thats why it is overpriced.
You mean the price increase is because they are importing cars that were exported?!
Old 20th October 2007, 02:02   #69
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
Shatru is right, ABS on a vehcile like Indica doesnt make sense, the vehicle is not quick enough anyways,if it was fitted with a 1.3 fiat then maybe but not with the current engine.
Huh! Have you ever driven a Turbo?

I have, over huge distances. Its capable of speeds of 140kmph for hours and end without missing a beat. and that when the pedal is still not floored to the max. In the recent past I did over 900 kms in a day with exactly that kind of driving in a Turbo.

A 1,3 may be a tad quicker in pickup but thats about it. The ABS is not about pickup but speeds and the stopping distances without any histrionics. And believe me my friend a Turbo can just do as well with ABS and other safety devices as any other fast car.

So what you say has hardly much basis. If anything Turbo is one car that definitely needs the ABS and the Airbags.
Old 20th October 2007, 09:08   #70
BHPian

Safety is something needed no matter what it's with small car or big one.
Safety devices are always sold at premium. When we buy insurance or any door lock, we look for brand, good stories, quality of service. Each service proider has their own standards of quality and cost associated with it. As someone said, there life is precious.To save life hostpitals do charge premium, do we check whether it's worth or not? 60 K is nothing as compared to cost, pain, risk associated after accident. Unfortunately we underestimate our own lives.Good news is if we want to buy indica turbo and want to buy with safety devices, it's avilable now.
I hope I am not harsh on anybody here.
Old 21st October 2007, 16:34   #71
BHPian

Hey

Dont know if you guys have seen these pictures... Sorry for duplication, if you have.

Autoblog

Autopareri
Old 30th October 2007, 10:57   #72
Senior - BHPian

There was an article on the Saturday supplement of TOI, about the new launches this Diwali. It said about Hyundai Pa, as we all know. But it also said about a New Indica and a New Tata Sumo Variant. Now we already know that, the turbo with ABS and airbags is launched. Does this mean, TOI guys don't know about this or is there any other variant that is coming out ?
Old 30th October 2007, 13:16   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
There was an article on the Saturday supplement of TOI, about the new launches this Diwali. It said about Hyundai Pa, as we all know. But it also said about a New Indica and a New Tata Sumo Variant. Now we already know that, the turbo with ABS and airbags is launched. Does this mean, TOI guys don't know about this or is there any other variant that is coming out ?
And I guess they don't know about tata sumo either. The variant of Tata Sumo is already launched.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks