Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2007, 23:21   #1
Senior - BHPian

New Tata Indica this Diwali? EDIT : Turbo with ABS + Airbags in select showrooms

Tatas launching the New Indica this Diwali, according this report.
Now will this be the next gen Indica or an upgrade of the present one?
It also says about the new Sumo.

source: Roll out rush this Diwali- Auto-Specials-The Economic Times

@mods: Please move the post appropriate thread if it didn't warrant an thread of its own.
Old 11th October 2007, 23:34   #2
BHPian

Ya there is a chance I think the new Sumo will be here(heard it was called the Sumo Pheonix inside Tata). I doubt the Indica bit though, unless they launch yet another variant right now to keep it's model fresh.
Old 12th October 2007, 07:48   #3
BHPian

Maybe it'll be the Dicor version. If anyone has more information please post.
Old 12th October 2007, 07:52   #4
Senior - BHPian

oh no!! please dont bring All New Indica this Diwali.. my new Indica is coming on monday.
Old 12th October 2007, 08:29   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Tatas launching the New Indica this Diwali, according this report.
Now will this be the next gen Indica or an upgrade of the present one?
It also says about the new Sumo.

source: Roll out rush this Diwali- Auto-Specials-The Economic Times

@mods: Please move the post appropriate thread if it didn't warrant an thread of its own.
Yes, this is a rumor. I am not sure. I guess TATA may launch new models as they see bad sales figures for long time now. New launch will help them better. Some people say, wait and watch this Diwali, its raining.
Old 12th October 2007, 09:03   #6
v&v
Senior - BHPian

i read in autocar that i will be 2 qtr 2008 only. they are still working on their dicor engine. will take time.
Old 12th October 2007, 09:44   #7
Senior - BHPian

Dont worry, perhaps they will only take the bookings, the "New Safari" is yet to see the lights of the road even after a week of launch.

So going by this example, the "new others" might take some time too, to come to their owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
oh no!! please dont bring All New Indica this Diwali.. my new Indica is coming on monday.
Old 12th October 2007, 10:07   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

I doubt they might release an all-new product; variants yes. There just isnt the necessary time for a large-scale PR campaign blitz required for a new product launch before Diwali
Old 12th October 2007, 10:57   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Its definitely not the all new Indica...that chassis is atleast a year away. This could be the DICOR version.

Quote:
If I remember your thread correctly, didnt you decide on a Swift?
Old 12th October 2007, 11:26   #10
Team-BHP Support

Chances are good that Indica may come out with a variant, in all probabilities the NA and the Dicor version of engines this Diwalu. They need something to boost up the volumes of their bread and butter car.

The way I was told a few days back Tatas are planning to spoil people for choices. Indica, once all its variants and models are launched, will have a wide set of specs to choose from. They do not plan to take any of the variants off the market as yet.

So you already have the Indica Xetas in two flavors. Indica NA in two flavors and then the turbos in two flavors. Tatas plan to upgrade the NA Indica with a 1.5L engine to tackle the power issue. They also plan to have a Dicor Indica. Later the bigger Indica (codename X1) will also make its appearance. This will sport the Fiat 1.3MJD engine.

Wide set of specs to choose from, and something you do not have in any other car in India. Two different petrol engines, NA engines, Turbo engine, Turbo with Intercooler engine, two flavors of Common Rail engines. Whew! Thats a lot of options Tata.

About the diwali launch I think the higher volume NA engine will make its appearance. At max the Dicor may also take a bow and make its entry.

Last edited by Zappo : 12th October 2007 at 11:28.
Old 12th October 2007, 13:30   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

If I remember your thread correctly, didnt you decide on a Swift?
yes, it was swift, but my family felt Indica's rear seat is more comfy than Swift. and we are got GLX 1.4 in only 3.51 lakhs on road. we went to tata showroom booked an Indigo, next day again we booked Indica Turbo DLX insted of Indigo. again next day we canceled turbo indica and booked GLX xeta. and forth day was last day of discount, then we decided to go for indigo.. but after sometime suddenly we changed our mind and choosed Indica GLX 1.4, now finally it is coming in monday.
Old 12th October 2007, 13:56   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Chances are good that Indica may come out with a variant, in all probabilities the NA and the Dicor version of engines this Diwalu. They need something to boost up the volumes of their bread and butter car.

The way I was told a few days back Tatas are planning to spoil people for choices. Indica, once all its variants and models are launched, will have a wide set of specs to choose from. They do not plan to take any of the variants off the market as yet.

So you already have the Indica Xetas in two flavors. Indica NA in two flavors and then the turbos in two flavors. Tatas plan to upgrade the NA Indica with a 1.5L engine to tackle the power issue. They also plan to have a Dicor Indica. Later the bigger Indica (codename X1) will also make its appearance. This will sport the Fiat 1.3MJD engine.

Wide set of specs to choose from, and something you do not have in any other car in India. Two different petrol engines, NA engines, Turbo engine, Turbo with Intercooler engine, two flavors of Common Rail engines. Whew! Thats a lot of options Tata.

About the diwali launch I think the higher volume NA engine will make its appearance. At max the Dicor may also take a bow and make its entry.
All this sounds great but what about QC?
Old 12th October 2007, 14:26   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
yes, it was swift, but my family felt Indica's rear seat is more comfy than Swift. and we are got GLX 1.4 in only 3.51 lakhs on road. we went to tata showroom booked an Indigo, next day again we booked Indica Turbo DLX insted of Indigo. again next day we canceled turbo indica and booked GLX xeta. and forth day was last day of discount, then we decided to go for indigo.. but after sometime suddenly we changed our mind and choosed Indica GLX 1.4, now finally it is coming in monday.
I read in the newspapers that a sales executive who worked for the dealership you booked your car in committed suicide.
Old 12th October 2007, 14:33   #14
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Agreed. The Indigo is available with what? 4 engine choices! Two petrols and two diesels.
Old 12th October 2007, 14:36   #15
BHPian

Most probably.. i think its gonna be the DICOR version.. i remember seeing some pics of an Indica with a DICOR badge on the side (same place where the swift has the DDIS one).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Agreed. The Indigo is available with what? 4 engine choices! Two petrols and two diesels.
Doesnt it have 3 Diesel options:
- Non Turbo
- TDI
- Dicor

Last edited by Zappo : 15th October 2007 at 00:13. Reason: Posts merged.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks