Team-BHP - Tata Motors, Fiat ink JV for car making
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Tata Motors, Fiat ink JV for car making (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/29974-tata-motors-fiat-ink-jv-car-making.html)

12 Oct, 2007, 0156 hrs IST, TNN

MUMBAI: Fiat Group Automobiles and Tata Motors on Thursday signed a 50:50 joint venture (JV) to build passenger cars, engines and transmission with an overall investment of E650 million for the Indian and overseas markets. Out of the total investment, which will have an equal proportion of debt and equity, only around 20-25% has been brought in and the rest will be invested in a phased manner, company officials said. The name of the JV is expected to be announced at the end of this month.

Full article here :

Tata Motors, Fiat ink JV for car making- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpbhatt (Post 593371)
12 Oct, 2007, 0156 hrs IST, TNN

The name of the JV is expected to be announced at the end of this month.

Going by logic its gotta be either Taat or Tafi either way I am totally confused on what they are doing at the moment. Anyway people who are involved in this are million more times intelligent than me so I guess its all worked out,Still not conviced though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxbhp (Post 593400)
Going by logic its gotta be either Taat or Tafi either way I am totally confused on what they are doing at the moment. Anyway people who are involved in this are million more times intelligent than me so I guess its all worked out,Still not conviced though.

how about calling it "FATI" stupid:

The news appears on the Tatamotos website.

I think Fiat is still thinking if they have made the right move, then they will post the new on Fiat india website.

Reviving an old thread.

Moneycontrol.com has reported that Fiat India is to encourage dealers to open exclusive Fiat outlets and mulls hiking the dealer margins to 8.5% from 5%. Fiat hopes the new distribution strategy will boost sales. Sources also said that the auto major plans to open twenty exclusive outlets by end of 2012. Not only that. The reworked JV between Fiat and Tata Motors would include a new distribution network for Fiat, discontinue supply to forty joint dealerships, cut supply to joint dealerships in twenty cities. Sources also added that nearly forty Tata-Fiat dealerships in twenty cities would be affected. The detailed report is here.
Tata Motors, Fiat ink JV for car making-fiats-new-strategy.jpg
Does this mean that lethargic, faulty, below-par dealerships will face the music? So, all our feed-backs must have contributed to this revamping of dealerships. FIAT India is trying their best to improve the sales. This is a step in the right direction.

Sounds good that Fiat is finally trying to set things right. I feel that though this is a step in the right direction, its not the only step required. They also need to get in the right product mix for exclusive Fiat dealerships to convert footfalls into sales. With just 2 models in the portfolio, which have been around for a while already, the costs for such an extensive overhaul exercise won't be justified.

Also, it would be great if they are able to get real enthusiasts as dealers. Of course, people are in it for the money, but so are a lot of retail traders and other businessmen. The enthusiasm of a fanboy can be addictive and appealing too.

Of course no way to find this out about a prospective dealer. Perhaps they can begin with not offering the dealership to anyone who already has one. Or is linked to one.
High expectations indeed!

Question from my side: How are these dealerships shortlisted? Is it the money in the bank or the real estate location/ size that is available? Are interviews conducted for this at all?