Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2007, 11:56   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Cedia is 115BHP while Civic is 132BHP. So city FE might be 1Kmpl less. But highway FE is same. Considering turning radius, Civic is more since it is a longer car with better rear leg room. So it evens out. Torque figures are same. Both have ABS/EBD but Civic scores in have BA-Brake Assist. Also Cedia doesn't have an AT option. Thanks Honda for giving AT option in all your offerings.
The torque figures are not the same lol. 167Nm vs 175Nm. The Cedia has more torque and thats quite natural cos it has a bigger block. Also that extra top end whack might translate to a 5-10kmph extra top speed. Not something I'd be really worried about.

The trouble with the Civic is that very little of that torque is available until the VTEC shift point, making it a dog to drive in the city. Check any dyno graph for the civic and you'd know. Compare that to the fact that more than 85% of the torque is available in the Cedia at below 2500 rpm which makes it so much easier in stop and go traffic.

Also the Civic is not any significantly longer... 4545mm vs 4495mm (4525mm for sports variant). That corresponds to 5cm or 2cm depending on the cedia variant. This does not warrant an extra half a meter of turning radius. 5.4m turning radius is ridiculous frankly... making the car seem bigger than it actually is and also harder to drive in traffic. This has an adverse effect on handling as well as the car doesn't turn. Even the accord which i like quite a bit has a turning radius of 5.5m which is okay because its a much bigger car.

The brake assist that you are gloating about is the reason why I disliked the civic the most. The BA seems to cut in way too soon and there's no pedal modulation whatsoever. Its like you are either fully braking or not braking at all. There is hardly a way to modulate the pedal the way I like. I don't think I'm the first one mentioning this problem.

Other than this... the Civic is a very nice car.
Old 20th December 2007, 12:45   #137
BANNED

There might be many cars but one I have experienced is my uncle's M800. Whenever it scraped the speed breakers, my uncle cursed the PWD & moved on. He never cursed the car though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
, Et tu?! Many as in which......?
Old 20th December 2007, 13:27   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
My understanding of the Civic's issue is that it scrapes "normal" speedbreakers as well.
The problem is that 'normal' is pretty subjective. What is normal for you need not be normal for others.

Quote:
.... About other cars scraping ab"normal" speedbreakers.
That was my whole point from my first post (about wrong design ie. abnormal breakers). However, you wanted to know about the cars that scraped and thats why I posted them.

Quote:
... which mention the Baleno bottoming out over normal ones but I don't hold it against you for not posting those
Well, you already mentioned the Baleno scraping, so did not see any point in posting about it. And it is no secret, I have mentioned it in my car review itself, so have many others. Dont hold it against the car anyway, because its about the speedbreaker.

Quote:
And I'm out of here buddy cos as usual this is becoming a useless mine is bigger than yours
I didn't start this one for sure.

Anyway, I am sure you would not get a Civic. And neither would I. So why would it bother us if its belly scrapes or not ? Let the owners worry about that.
Old 20th December 2007, 14:07   #139
BHPian

Wow! The thread seems to have gone way OT. At least the last 30+ messages don't seem to have a relation with the start of the thread.

Here is what I understand:

1. Civic seems to have GC issues
2. Civic sells more and so more cars in the used market. But, the "market place" itself is only 18 months old.

What other reasons do you guys see for "so many civics available in Used car market?". Additionally, are there so many civics available in the user market at all, in the first place?
Old 20th December 2007, 14:22   #140
BANNED

Check out used cars listing here Buy Car, Buy Used/New Cars in India - CarWale.com India

Civic cars (metros): 12 - launched in 2006, thats 6 cars per year
Corolla (metros): 64 - launched in 2003, thats 16 cars per year

Agreed Corolla is old model & hence more in used-cars market. But the point is there nothing alarming in Civic's numbers in used-car market.

This is yet another thread to nit pick Honda cars. Only reason being Honda cars are successful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSHA View Post
Additionally, are there so many civics available in the user market at all, in the first place?
Old 20th December 2007, 15:13   #141
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Think its best to close this thread. Whatever had to be said has already been.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks