Team-BHP - Civic's - Why are there so many of them in the used car market?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Civic's - Why are there so many of them in the used car market? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/29975-civics-why-there-so-many-them-used-car-market.html)

So many civic is out there in used car market , some are just 2 months old & just 2000-4000 on the odo , seems like car has been didn't liked by their buyers , why would people sell it so soon ?

As someone on elantraclub.com said....'if you manage to drive the civic & have fun...shows how much you are willing to compromise'....:uncontrol rl:

I am really not sure whats happening to people who sell off their Civics before even starting to use it. I own one and I really love to drive my Civic. Its such a wonderful car to drive and also be driven.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1self (Post 593390)
As someone on elantraclub.com said....'if you manage to drive the civic & have fun...shows how much you are willing to compromise'....:uncontrol rl:

Good one.

Even I am surprised on the sheer number of Civics listed for resale on Used Cars, New Cars, Buy Car, Sell Car, New Car Pricing, Used Car Values, Automobiles, Car loan, Used cars for sale, used car - CarWale.com India! And in that, huge no. of ATs compared to MTs.

Comparatively, I found hardly any listing of Skoda Laura, which is actually well overpriced and in the market for 2 years...

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1self (Post 593390)

There is elantraclub.com??? I thought you were the ONLY one who bought one :uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikram18 (Post 593448)
There is elantraclub.com??? I thought you were the ONLY one who bought one :uncontrol

I guess he is not alone---there are as 'many' as 14 guys who bought one between July and Sep, going by the Sales spreadsheet in another thread.:)

Tried searchinh in Mumbai city limits. Found only 5. Out of them 4 AT and 1 MT. Among them is 2 AT v series.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 593457)
I guess he is not alone---there are as 'many' as 14 guys who bought one between July and Sep, going by the Sales spreadsheet in another thread.:)

It's the same one. 1self keeps selling it and then buys it back for its "uniqueness" :uncontrol

There are way too many Civic on the roads. I hardly drive 6 kms to office and I see atleast 5 of them within that distance and time (15-20 mins)

I guess its a case of sour grapes in the elantraclub. :-) That thing didn't sell till they brought down the price by 3 lakhs+. Actually its one of the best loaded cars you can find for 10lakhs+.

Oh my now a Elantra vs Civic battle. Guys 1self was joking :)

Yes even i see lots of Advertisements every where and mostly new cars wonder why are people selling ,but as of there is nothing wrong with the product as people i know have bought many and are absolutely fine with the car

I guess Civic SELLS......and thats why it RESELLS! Period. :Cheering: People hardly buy Accords these days and are very much willing to compromise with lower segment Civic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikram18 (Post 593465)
It's the same one. 1self keeps selling it and then buys it back for its "uniqueness" :uncontrol

Man, this is a real good one! You've got me laughing my brains out !!

Honda's always had good resale value, its only that this time, that value will be realized by the second hand buyer.

Most of the Civic owners i know purchase the cars for the 'honda' brand name, without checking out if the car suits them!

No doubt Civic is a real good car, and a delight for an enthusiatic driver.

However, for some regular non-enthusiats, Civic offers a different game. Its got weak mileage, suspension that bottoms out on full load and low seating! May not be to everyone's liking.