Team-BHP - Chevrolet Optra estate??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Chevrolet Optra estate?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/29984-chevrolet-optra-estate.html)

Guys Yesterday while getting back to ahmedabad, spotted a white coloured optra estate in baroda near NE1 entrance,tried to click the pics but couldnt as it was on the other side of the road.
The car was stripped of all the badges, even wasnt carrying chevy bowtie at the rear end.Registration plate wasnt there had a on test sticker on it.
car similar to the one in pic

Any ideas about GM's plans for the launch in near future???

I sincerely hope they do not launch an estate version of the Optra. Chevy has a nice product lineup right now and their desirability factor is going up.

hmm.. i think one year ago. there was a spy pic of optra estate in Car India. and it was a white one.

Competing with Octavia COMBI with a 120 BHP Common rail engine under the hood of estate :D

Bring it on Chevy, our country needs to wake up to the beauty of these estate cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1100D (Post 593788)
Bring it on Chevy, our country needs to wake up to the beauty of these estate cars.

I also like estates, but where have the Altura, Weekender, Adventure, Tata estate etc all gone??The only one surviving is the Marina. Demand for such models in India are ultra low.

These are pics of suzuki forenza wagon
looks very similar to optra estate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayz (Post 593819)
These are pics of suzuki forenza wagon
looks very similar to optra estate.

How could Suzuki have a product so similar in design to that of the Optra? Doesn't it infringe the copyright? I could'nt believe the estate in pic is from Suzuki. Seems someone has cut and pasted the Suzuki logo in place of the bow tie.

I am however sceptical about the success of estates/ station wagons out here. Indians are more fascinated by the sedans and hatchbacks than these now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by paganizonda (Post 593839)
How could Suzuki have a product so similar in design to that of the Optra? Doesn't it infringe the copyright? I could'nt believe the estate in pic is from Suzuki. Seems someone has cut and pasted the Suzuki logo in place of the bow tie.

I am however sceptical about the success of estates/ station wagons out here. Indians are more fascinated by the sedans and hatchbacks than these now.

They are all based on the same car the Daewoo Nubira. Suzuki Forenza was born out of GM's need to sell Daewoo products under some other brands name. Suzuki generally does not involve in much plagiarism.

Quote:

Originally Posted by paganizonda (Post 593839)
How could Suzuki have a product so similar in design to that of the Optra? Doesn't it infringe the copyright? I could'nt believe the estate in pic is from Suzuki.

General Motors owns a stake in Suzuki. The Chevy Optra is sold as the Suzuki Forenza in other countries. :)

Similar to the Daewoo Matiz, which has returned as the Chevy Spark.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aah78 (Post 593848)
General Motors owns a stake in Suzuki. The Chevy Optra is sold as the Suzuki Forenza in other countries. :)

Similar to the Daewoo Matiz, which has returned as the Chevy Spark.

Even Maruti Omni is Sold as Chevrolet SuperCarry in some contries.

I think the estate version is on the cards, but i sincerely hope they dont launch one, not many are going to be sold, look at the Combi, nice car but hardly sells, or look at the adventure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA (Post 594149)
I think the estate version is on the cards, but i sincerely hope they dont launch one, not many are going to be sold, look at the Combi, nice car but hardly sells, or look at the adventure.

Adventure never had a diesel option. And FIAT never had sales to boast. (whether it be hatches, sedans or estates)

Octavia combi? It had an USP? All it offered over and above the octavia was the big boot. However, Octavia itself offers one of the largest boots in the business.
We all used to say hatches wont sell at sedan prices. But have been proved wrong by cars like the Swift.

Indian market generally prefers sedans over estates. But, a well equipped well priced estate may be able to create a market for itself.

Crazy - I hope you are right, lets wait and watch what GM has to offer, for sure that car is going to come with the 2.0 TCDi engine.

I had spotted the the Optra estate almost a year back in noida, the pics are somewhere on tbhp!

ok here are the pics (yr old)