Team-BHP - HM Lancer 1.6 ??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   HM Lancer 1.6 ?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/30025-hm-lancer-1-6-a.html)

Mods, I think I had read this here before. Have been searching for the past hour without any luck. Hence a new thread. Please merge, if a discussion exists.

Spotted a gleaming Black Lancer LX today. Everything looked like a standard Lancer, except for a "1.6" sticker beside the LX badge ! The registration number indicated that it was a 2007 model.

What's with this 1.6 engine??

balenos dont come with a 1.6 tag as well IIRC. but you can spot the same in BP's baleno. ;)

i am not sure about the 1.6 lancer though.

the guy mustve planted the sticker man. theres no 1.6 here

Actually, the Lancer 1.6 does exist.
I came across one in the HM workshop a few days back. I even have some pics on my cell phone... need to upload them sometime.
I asked the HM people about this, and they said this was a very limited edition Lancer which has now been discontinued (was crowding into Cedia territory). In all, HM manufactured around 40 of these cars.

The power output of the 1.6 engine is marginally better than the 1.5... ~95BHP versus ~88 BHP.

Oh yeah this car does or did or whatever the case is now, exist! My friend bought one last october. His father was in HM and told me that they are going to launch a Lancer with this new 1.6 block. I think he bought one just before it was to be launched. I guess Mitsu might have shelved the plan subsequently.

A 1.6L Lancer is news to me :-) Never knew they existed - thought only 1.8 INVEX & the regular 1.5 were the models ever sold.

Cheers

Singapore sells the 1.6 version of the Lancer in a Cedia shell

woa! i never knew! :Shockked: a 1.6 eh?
7 odd horses more to it.. maybe they shudve focussed more on the 1.6 than the 1.5
nice

what serious difference do you think this is going to make,,,I mean from 1.5 to 1.6 and around 7 -8 hp hike?

bro i meant, they shudve dumped the 1.5 and and sold only 1.6's here in hindustaan.

P.S. i would never mind 7-8 extra horses, leave the difference apart.

Surprising. Even I hadn't heard of this.

I have generally seen limited editions with cosmetic changes - very rarely an engine difference.

I am taking a 2.0 zetec and SVT badge from Autozone. Probably will be a thread creating sensation!

The first lancers sold in India were 1.6. I had 1 for about 7 years (1999 - 2006). Under normal driving conditions there was hardly any difference. However, i got exceptional fuel economy of about 11 - 12 kmpl in full city traffic with the aircon on. This was due to greater torque the engine offered. In fact it was a 91 bhp engine.

I am pretty certain it would be a 1.8 and not a 1.6. Even the limited edition that the dealership guys speak about, hints toward the 1.8 INVEX.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 596690)
I am pretty certain it would be a 1.8 and not a 1.6. Even the limited edition that the dealership guys speak about, hints toward the 1.8 INVEX.

But then .. @razor has seen it too and @sparkie's friend has bought one!