Team-BHP - Maruti Suzuki Ties Up with Magnetti Marelli
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Maruti Suzuki Ties Up with Magnetti Marelli (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/30139-maruti-suzuki-ties-up-magnetti-marelli.html)

Maruti has been using the Fiat-Suzuki JV multijet diesel engines.Maruti Suzuki now take this patnership one step further by tying up with a Fiat group company Magnetti Marelli for the production of Electronic Control Units[ecu's] for these diesel engines.

The Magnetti plant would come up at Manesar and would have a capacity of about 500,000 units annually[Production expected to start by 2008],this plant could be used for supplying units to other manufacturers as well[That includes fiat india].

The demand for Fiat's diesel engines is projected to be such in India since they are expected to power cars from Maruti,Fiat,GM and Tata in India.

Link

Interesting, but does it mean anything for the average enthusiast?

Quote:

Originally Posted by phamilyman (Post 597054)

No, just FYI :)

Thanks for the Info BUSA :Cheering: , now lets hope for some more cars with these multijets coming really soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by phamilyman (Post 597054)

More of these diesel engine- mean more performance options without compromising efficiency!

And. then there is always the option of getting Pete'd. :D

Looks like Fiat has everything best in Clas except the Sales and Marketing. :confused:

Right... FIAT has everything RIGHT in place excpet :

1. Management
2. Marketing team
3. Dealers

But it seems FIAT is gearing up now.. 2 big launches are in pipeline and then recently one of the member on Palio group has posted that, FIAT is changing their advertising arm... I hope they get the agency who does ads for Happydent, Orbit and likes...

It is a nice move by Maruti Suzuki.. Very welcome move as every player is getting into MJD platform, everybody will come to them.. A high localization also means low cost for us...

Multi Jet is still in the offering, as what I heard from TATA rep, Fiat cannot give Maruti the Multi Jet' meant for TATA' only...But I guess something must be in the offering.

Well if MM is a Fiat company, then Fiat will save on costs by making ECUs inhouse instead of buying them from elsewhere, so hopefully the benefit will pass on to us!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparkie (Post 597241)
Well if MM is a Fiat company, then Fiat will save on costs by making ECUs inhouse instead of buying them from elsewhere, so hopefully the benefit will pass on to us!

Yes! Also the possibility for exciting remap options ;)

From what I have heard,

Maruti has got the basic MJD engine, 1.3 75 BHP

FIAT will be tuning that engine for Punto as well as Linea..

TATA will also get benefited by this tuned engine due to the alliance..

Quote:

Maruti has got the basic MJD engine, 1.3 75 BHP

FIAT will be tuning that engine for Punto as well as Linea..

TATA will also get benefited by this tuned engine due to the alliance..
Maruti has the 1.3 75bhp, 1.3 90bhp, 1.6 and 1.9 engines.

Fiat will give the 1.3 75bhp for the Punto, the 1.3 with 90bhp and 200NM for the Linea.

I don't see the 1.6 coming here. Even the SX4 will come with the 1.3L 90hp one. The 1.9L's will be seen in Suzuki's new D segment car and Alfa Romeo's, if they ever get launched here. Or maybe, Fiat will launch the Bravo sedan here with the 1.9 to give us an upgrade to the Linea.

By the way, I remember Ratan Tata in some interview saying that he was very impressed with the Fiat 500 and would like something like that for India. That will be a bloody fabulous car. Specially if it comes with the 1.3L 75hp engine. Pocket Rocket! :)