Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2007, 11:17   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
IMHO 8lac for the SRV diesel with that amazing engine and all options is way more justified than 8.75lac for the NHC Vtec plus. To hell with the boot...
Well boot is needed re. You can adjust without it but you always feel the absence. Atleast i do
Old 12th September 2007, 11:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

7.9L ex-showroom will translate to nearly 9L on-road Delhi What makes GM think that the "thing" that didn't sell at 7L on-road will sell at 2L more?

Simply because they are offering a diesel engine in it? I don't think so. Stupidity of quite a high order here I tell you.

P.S. The car will be even more expensive in Bangalore/Mumbai & dare I say pretty close to the 10L mark.

Last edited by iraghava : 12th September 2007 at 11:21.
Old 12th September 2007, 11:24   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki Swift VDI DDIS (75Bhp/190Nm) - entry level hot hatch with above average performance
Suzuki Swift VDI DDIS with Petes Digital Tuning Box (90Bhp/215Nm) - entry level hot hatch with scary performance

Chevrolet SRV 2.0 TCDI (120BHp/314Nm) - midsize hot hatch with above average performance
Chevrolet SRV 2.0 TCDI with Petes Digital Tuning Box (possibly 145BHp/350Nm) - YUMMY!! :-)
Old 12th September 2007, 11:25   #19
Senior - BHPian

The ex showroom in delhi for the base model is 7.3lacs. The cost with ABS, Airbags, kenwood stereo, spoiler and some leather is another 38k more. No where did anyone say its 7.9 ex showroom.
Old 12th September 2007, 11:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

This is news to me, It is a very very hot hatch. I am sure GM not being able to sell huge numbers would have very attractive discounts on this one. I am going to go to the GM showroom today or tommorrow.
Old 12th September 2007, 11:39   #21
BHPian

O BOy!

It already LOOKED hot with that body kit! Now a show with (expensive) GO!

What is the world coming to???....Diesel performance cars!!??
Old 12th September 2007, 11:56   #22
Senior - BHPian

Oh thats a very very surprising find!

I for one would definitely love to get my hands on one of these , GM definitely is getting places now a days

And the feature are just too enticing ... gotta get a test drive ASAP , my Dad's a big diesel fan and he is looking to upgrade and i have a feeling that i might really get this one for him to breeze around.

http://2007optrasrv_in.in.pls.carsco...ch/dispatch.do
Old 12th September 2007, 14:03   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Also the latest Autocar has a article on a GM-partnered (semi-official) supercharger kit option for the petrol SRV which boosts power etc but MAY void the warranty. Why would anyone go for something like that if the diesel delivers?
The best part is the so called " supercharged SRV " has lower power output than a Magnum Diesel. So much for the hot " Supercharged " feel ++ I dont think a hot guy in a hot SRV will be too happy when a 65 year old guy in a Magnum blasts past him !!!!!

Black Diesel SRV + Pete's + 205 section tyres + Lower skirts + Alloy wheels + Stiffer suspension set up =
super charged hot hatch
Old 12th September 2007, 14:08   #24
Senior - BHPian

guys, sorry to burst your bubble, but this is just an experimental site by GM. The SRV diesel has not been lunched. read this from the website:

*The information and contents on the website are for research and survey purposes only and do not represent an offer to sell. Prices, specifications and other data may vary between repeat visits to the website or at the time of launch or with the actual variants that are available in the market.

Also, look at the URLof the website

http:/2007optrasrv_in.in.pls.carscomplete.com/prelaunch/dispatch.do

Last edited by himanshugoswami : 12th September 2007 at 14:09.
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2007, 14:29   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like a perfect HIG Yuppie ride
Old 12th September 2007, 14:41   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
guys, sorry to burst your bubble, but this is just an experimental site by GM. The SRV diesel has not been lunched. read this from the website:

*The information and contents on the website are for research and survey purposes only and do not represent an offer to sell. Prices, specifications and other data may vary between repeat visits to the website or at the time of launch or with the actual variants that are available in the market.

Also, look at the URLof the website

http:/2007optrasrv_in.in.pls.carscomplete.com/prelaunch/dispatch.do
LOL!

What really what a neat way to gauge interest and feedback..i wonder if some GM guy is reading this forum!
Old 12th September 2007, 15:44   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by contactme27 View Post
The surprise is, their official website do not talk about diesel varient.
The Official website??? Heck, even the dealers do not know about it....when i was at Garuda Motors (GM / Chevy dealers in B'lore), test driving the SRV petrol, the saleswoman did not know about it. I asked her, and she said, "No sir, we do not have a diesel variant".

Actually, i think the Chevy India website sucks...they do not talk about the Forrester either, where as i have seen a number of Forresters on the roads in B'lore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
What exactly is the SRV's positioning because I am sure as hell confused.
As i understand, GM/Chevy is trying to position the SRV as a Sports car. All the time i was at the Chevy showroom, all that i heard was how sporty a car the SRV is. The saleswoman was offering a skirting kit (front and rear bumber skirts, side skirts as well as an additional spoiler to be mounted below the rear windscreen {is that term correct??}) for free, and with this kit, the car looked like somehting straight out of NFS.

I think GM is testing the waters to see if it can bring some of its sports lines from the US to India.

But then again, vehicle manufacturers are known to pull some really stupid stunts, my favorite being the discontinuation of the Qualis.
Old 12th September 2007, 18:13   #28
Team-BHP Support

Himanshu a better find by you than me. I got excited and frankly din't read that part at all. I hope they do come out with the diesel SRV. But, the pricing should not be more than 8L onroad.

Mods, pls edit the thread to avoid any confusion.
Old 23rd September 2007, 02:14   #29
Senior - BHPian

SRV Diesel is coming soon

http://2007optrasrv_in.in.pls.carsco...ch/dispatch.do

Yup Chevrolet has launched or is launching the diesel SRV, priced at 770000 ex showroom Delhi, the car will have 15 inches and surely will compete with the Fusion, also it should be hottest hatch available in the country

P.S I really like the way GM lets people customize the car on the site by giving options. I think its high time all car comapinies start doing it, its a common practise in the USA.

P.S 2 Please people customise the SRV and do tick the ABS mark since GM is doing a pre launch surevey to know whether people would want ABS or not and ABS is a requirement for that beast with 314NM torque.
Old 23rd September 2007, 02:23   #30
Senior - BHPian

Am I the only one here who thinks that 8.1 lakhs ex showroom Delhi is pretty pretty expensive for the SRV? With the Fabia coming in, it would surely have stiff competition, and who knows, maybe just about the same (or lesser) price.

Last edited by phamilyman : 23rd September 2007 at 02:26.

Most Viewed