Team-BHP - Now, Hyundai plans car for Rs.1.2 Lac!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Now, Hyundai plans car for Rs.1.2 Lac! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/30266-now-hyundai-plans-car-rs-1-2-lac.html)

Guys, check this news on rediff.com

Now, Hyundai plans car for Rs 1.2 lakh

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopz (Post 600260)
Guys, check this new on rediff.com

Now, Hyundai plans car for Rs 1.2 lakh

Looking at recent Hyudai launches.

The car will be overpriced by 1/2 lakhs! :D

Yes seems everyone is in competition on tata's one lakh car, we have to wait and see who's car will be the most durable one,

check this out

Honda small car for India with 1.2 litre engine, premium small cars in India and prices

Quote:

Originally Posted by praJEEP (Post 600270)
Yes seems everyone is in competition on tata's one lakh car, we have to wait and see who's car will be the most durable one,

check this out

Honda small car for India with 1.2 litre engine, premium small cars in India and prices

I think only maruti can give tata's compedition from day one for their 1 lakh intiative as all other players are in thinking or working out plans or checking fesability.

Suzuki is one step ahead as they are already manufacutring a smaller engine of 660cc & everybody knows they can do anything.

M800 is still selling in good numbers...in case there is competition, all that MSIL needs to do is to slash its price to 1.2 lac (which I am sure they can) - people will prefer to still buy the tried & tested M800 rather than an autorickshaw with 4 wheels (from TATA, with the legendary TATA quality:) ).

People will prefer to still buy the tried & tested M800 rather than an autorickshaw with 4 wheels (from TATA, with the legendary TATA quality

Of course M800 rocks it's an all time legend car, it created it's own trend in it's time as amby, premier created for themselves.

What happens if MSIL reduces the price of M800 ?

The owners who are using these cars will be badly affected
you can get a M800 for 50-60k margin in used car market.
(no offence meant to any M800 owners)
they should either survive with it or bear the loss by selling it.

They mention a potential window of 5 years from now. The advantage of that move is they would incorporate any lessons learnt by Tata and Maruti with their 1-lakhers. The disadvantage (from their PoV): their's will have to be better VFM than the 1-lakers of that day for people to switch preferences.

Hyundai's plan is five years away and after five years it will be difficult to match the price tag of 1.2 lakhs.

Only practical serious competitior to Tata's so called 1 lakh car seems to be M800, if Suzuki/Maruit brungs down the price further around 1.6/1.5 Lakhs. People will prefer the tested M800 to the Tata's car.

Already Tata's have indicated that it will be difficult to maintain the price at 1 lakh level.

Quote:

gopz M800 is still selling in good numbers...in case there is competition, all that MSIL needs to do is to slash its price to 1.2 lac (which I am sure they can) - people will prefer to still buy the tried & tested M800 rather than an autorickshaw with 4 wheels (from TATA, with the legendary TATA quality:) ).
Even I was thinking a bit on a similar line earlier, but I read Jagdish Khattar say recently that they manufacture the car at 1.3 L! Well of course...they might be pulling a fast one on us!!

What do you expect from Maruti, they have a new plant with spare capacity, and the dies for m800 are over-depreciated, and ditto for their suppliers!

m800 can be sold for 1.3 L the day they decide - its zero development cost compared to anyone else.

Quote:

Hyundai's plan is five years away
5 years from now they can sell the Santro for 1 lac :).

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit (Post 600894)

lol: well said mate! I wouldnt be surprised if Lheem is thinking on those very lines.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit (Post 600894)

If Hyundai can pull it off , it would be nothing short of a master stroke. 5 years from now, the super-small car segment would have matured and cost increases would ensure that the 1-lakh car or its equivalent would be priced much higher. Effectively, a '1 lac car' in five years time would be a bit optimistic, considering the safety, emission and consumer requirements by that time.

The Crash Test norms come into effect Next Year, if Maruti 800 has to exist after that, it needs to meet the Crash Test and Emission norms and hence needs re-development.