Team-BHP - Powering the vehicle with lemons ! !
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Powering the vehicle with lemons ! ! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/30299-powering-vehicle-lemons.html)

I wonder how many million lemons , Pumkins, animals , birds were sacrificied today on ayudha pooja day for the safe & well being of their vehicles ignoring that real thing which protect the humans who drive these vehicles are wearing seat belts, abs, air bags etc is it really required to adhere to these supertitious rituals followed by all of us.:Frustrati

I have seen buses, lorries and some cars and suvs being fully decked with colour papers and flowers on the wind screen ignoring their own safety and others safety also due to poor visibility of the driver due to decorations on the wind screen with loud music played on the vehicles. lol:

This is Indyaaaaa !

The land of superstitions !

Dont want to offend any religious sentiments, but it looked funny to see vehicles having their windscreens almost blinded by banana leaves and marks all over and then trying to wade through the mess that is traffic.

Pooja is great. Exaggeration is terrible. I think a simple pooja is a great thing to do. But having tens of garlands around, with all sorts of decorations, namas and plantains is really stupid.

Hey guys

Nothing in this country goes waste, if we end up doing pooja imagine the guys who sell all these flowers, garlands etc dont they get an opportunity to earn. It is only on few days that they get this opportunity, and let me remind you no fauna nad flora of this country is exploited, these are grown commercially only for days like this. Just my two cents, dont take it otherwise.

Considering how the traffic is in india, you need multiple pooja's to live through the ordeal.

What to say but,
"WE ARE LIKE THIS ONLY!!" lol:

Haha! No offence meant to anyone please, but I saw a friend's black swift having bamboo stalks with leaves on the top in the front of the car (left + right) that looked like coconut trees to me! Looked real funny.

cya
A

i have seen the trademark ayudh puja paste of sandalwood etc on all windows including high security super cooled server rooms and even on computers.

and this was a nasdaq listed company. only proves that nobody is above god.

Covering the windscreen might hamper visibility. But apart from that, nothing wrong at following customs, which is no way connected to installation of safety devices.

Customs exists everywhere, they can never be looked at from a logical perspective, but that is exactly what gives each place a flovour of its own.

Superstitious?? Well.. its rather scary!!
There was this brand new Matador van that a travel agent bought many years ago. I guess it was probably 1995/96. The guy used to stay on the lane parallel to where I used to live. This was one freak case. The driver had gotten the 'vahana puja' done,and he was going for the 1st trip to some picnic area. There was a coconut tied to the front fender,and it so happens that the driver makes a sharp turn on one of the by-lanes of Indiranagar. God knows how..but the coconut decides to jump out of the rope-casing and goes rolling straight for the cobbler who sits across the street. With pin-point accuracy,the cobbler got hit on his face!! Since the van sped off unaware of this situation, a huge crowd gathered and began investigating the matter.
Obviously,no one was able to sort it out. Later,someone who noticed this incident happened to talk to the travel agent,and putting 2 and 2 together,they figured out what had happened.
:Shockked: ..and then :uncontrol .. Thats how I reacted when I heard about this incident.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitin (Post 603150)
Superstitious?? Well.. its rather scary!!
There was this brand new Matador van that a travel agent bought many years ago. I guess it was probably 1995/96. The guy used to stay on the lane parallel to where I used to live. This was one freak case. The driver had gotten the 'vahana puja' done,and he was going for the 1st trip to some picnic area. There was a coconut tied to the front fender,and it so happens that the driver makes a sharp turn on one of the by-lanes of Indiranagar. God knows how..but the coconut decides to jump out of the rope-casing and goes rolling straight for the cobbler who sits across the street. With pin-point accuracy,the cobbler got hit on his face!! Since the van sped off unaware of this situation, a huge crowd gathered and began investigating the matter.
Obviously,no one was able to sort it out. Later,someone who noticed this incident happened to talk to the travel agent,and putting 2 and 2 together,they figured out what had happened.
:Shockked: ..and then :uncontrol .. Thats how I reacted when I heard about this incident.

That would be more like an accident.

Moreover, Think about the numerous times pebbles/small rocks flying out under pressure from under the contact patch of vehicle tyres has injured people.

In our country, many a profession is performed being seated on the road. So just the hazard of the job. But recently things are changing faster than we can think.

I'm okay with traditions and celebrations, but we are fond of taking these to extremes in India. Sacficing animals for one's own safety is horrible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rags (Post 600987)
ignoring that real thing which protect the humans who drive these vehicles are wearing seat belts, abs, air bags etc

Good sense and adhering to traffic rules should come ahead of any of these.

Like someone earlier said, what would these vendors do if you take away their livelihood, so lets deck up, I'd say. More the merrier. I experienced the best part of this festival on saturday. The roads were empty & we reached the airport (to send off my sister) in no time. :)