Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2007, 09:45   #16
Senior - BHPian

Maruti knows the Indian Customer better than any pshychologist in the world. They know that all we need is snob value and a good feeling of security. Majority out here are not bothered about quality. Otherwise qho would buy a swift at that prive with that "all black" interiors when maruti tells us that black does not get dirty fast. (now common man atleast give me some other explainaition for that). Samethe case of SX4 and even the Vitara. Common man. Just look at what you are paying and look at the fit finish and quality of the things you are getting. The Only two cars that are really worth a look are the WagonR and the Baleno. Both of them are/were good cars at the price. Baleno was a failure of marketing strategy for maruti (the only one failure in India by Maruti).

Not sure about hyundai. The only hyundai car i've been in i the Santro. That seemed pretty "ok"-ish for the price. The verna is way too highly priced for the horse ride. "I just dont want power that i need to try to be taming all while driving!!"

All Hyundai and Maruti lovers, just try driving a FIAT UNO 1.2, a FIAT Palio 1.6, or a FIAT Adventure Sport 1.6. You'll realise what drive quality is all about.
Old 22nd October 2007, 10:36   #17
BHPian

accent faster than a baleno...... u must be joking..
Old 22nd October 2007, 10:48   #18
Senior - BHPian

If you say an accent can outbeat a baleno, be it so . I have nothing say.

Only problem is that you wont find any takers for that statement of yours.
So how many Accents beat a Baleno in this country ?
Old 22nd October 2007, 10:55   #19
Team-BHP Support

Riju, looks like just one.
Old 22nd October 2007, 11:20   #20
Senior - BHPian

If Accents are fast and sturdy... why are they not used in rally's? or tracks? atleast i havent heard of any.
Old 22nd October 2007, 12:16   #21
BHPian

@Hyundai.Lover: I have a request to make, since you are new to Team BHP why don't you go through of what people who own and have some experience with Baleno have to say.

I didn't quite understand what is that you want to say , you start off with the Baleno include Swift in between and end with SX4, I guess you forgot to mention, 800, Alto, Zen, WagonR, Gipsy, Grand vitara in your list.

Hellcat.
Old 22nd October 2007, 12:56   #22
Senior - BHPian

[quote=Hyundai.Lover;601766]

Maruti degrades their cars like anything, thats why they initiate their margine in their spare parts and after sale services.

Pardon me, but what does this mean?
Old 22nd October 2007, 13:01   #23
Team-BHP Support

I hate Monday Mornings.

thanks for making me laugh...felt so good.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2007, 13:02   #24
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai is good VFM in the small car segment. That is it!. Even in the big car segment, you can get fully loaded Elantra at the price of an Esteem, and a fully loaded Sonata at a price slightly higher than Honda City VTEC!. Why buy an Accent, when for 50-100K more, you can buy an Elantra.
Old 22nd October 2007, 13:05   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyundai.Lover View Post
Now comes the real test of power. My fav. place... Expressway, Noida. Really Really poor gearbox of Maruti Baleno yucks!! Baleno Clean Bold and out..
Baleno has FAR much responsive engine than Accent and it matters while driving in real life situations not on Expressway

i'm sure Baleno can whip out Accent anyday

and maybe your friend messed up gear shifting while racing with u
Old 22nd October 2007, 13:05   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider77 View Post
accent faster than a baleno...... u must be joking..
Accents did move faster out of the showrooms than Balenos
Old 22nd October 2007, 13:09   #27
Senior - BHPian

[quote=vasudeva;602101]
Quote:

Maruti degrades their cars like anything, thats why they initiate their margine in their spare parts and after sale services.

Pardon me, but what does this mean?
Old 22nd October 2007, 13:12   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Started with the body... Baleno thin body. even a slight bump makes its body mold inside. lol mine was good hardcore if compared. then we compared engines... baleno 1.6L vs accent 1.6L again mine had a upper hand. then looks ofcourse accent. then handling... again accent. Now comes the real test of power. My fav. place... Expressway, Noida. Really Really poor gearbox of Maruti Baleno yucks!! Baleno Clean Bold and out.. now he bought Verna Petrol haha and his brother bought Sonata Emberra. haha.

Hey u read any AUTOMOBILE magazine and not any of the FEMINA related magazines and they all state that "THE BALENO IS A WHOLE CLASS ABOVE THE ACCENT"
And tats just paper comparisons, other than the GB, the Baleno feels n is a tomb full of gold quicker than the Accent
So ur comparisons are like those of a good fairy tale for the accent.....Dream on...cant help it, lifes full of uuuhhhhh!!!!

Ohhh ya n i guess according to facts the SX4 sells more than the Verna right???

Last edited by turbolader : 22nd October 2007 at 13:19.
Old 22nd October 2007, 13:15   #29
Senior - BHPian

1. You didn't have to title the thread as Baleno 1.6L. They don't come with engines smaller than that. I really don't know how you compared the "sheets" used. Very weird as to how you can say one is thinner than the other.

2. If you make a comparison between cars, come out with better facts. Do your homework, bring out the specs, how hyundai has been beating Balenos in the INRC - I'd love to read them .

3. Your friends bought Verna diesel and petrol - good for them. I have 500 friends that I can think of in an hour - will posting their car choices yeild us any result?

4. Are you in any way commercially associated with Hyundai? Can you clarify this? If you love Hyundai cars, I have nothing against it. Maybe Hyundai needs people who can promote their products without actual facts or performance on roads/INRC.

Last edited by rocksterraghu : 22nd October 2007 at 13:28.
Old 22nd October 2007, 14:21   #30
BHPian

Quote:
ok..!! no more accents and balenos from my side. Hey! Samurai..!! what are opinions for New Elantra ? :d

Yup Samurai, i'm a bit new to this forum. Well..!! its my personal experience.
I havnt seen both the car's top speed 0-100 kmph bla bla ever in my life on the net. So, no paper work please. I had driven both of them. I had enough practical boosting of 4 different balenos at different time with my friends on express ways, noida till now. None of them was able to beat. Sorry, I don't think so. I think you are mistaken with the Accent 1.5L and Accent 1.6L, please both the cars are totally different from each other. Totally different Performance.

Talking of baleno, have ya ever seen thinnest metallic sheets used in baleno? Dude..!! Accent 1.6L have much much better gearbox than baleno, Which makes Accent to be more quicker and faster.

Now, i had seen people saying SX4 performance is an upgrade version of baleno. Duh!! poor torque delivery at low rpms. Sorry, to say and nothing personal, I had seen 5 people in my circle having 4 balenos and 1 was likely to buy a 2nd hand baleno. 2 of them switched over to Verna VGT, 1 of them to Verna Petrol, 1 of them to Accent 1.6L and the one who was about to buy baleno, switched over to accent 1.6L Viva.
Me myself was a Maruti Fan long time back, when i was not much aware of the cars. Oh Esteem Wow oh Baleno Wow. Me myself was about to buy baleno, but my luck my cousin asked me to have a TD of accent. Duh!! Shocked. and next day Accent. Yo!

Everybody have their personal experiences, well!! you must have wipped away the accents and i wipped away balenos sx4s honda cities fiestas aveos optras octavias (with top speeds hehe). You wont believe but my top speed ever in my car was 193 kmph. No mods done. Infact i have few vids of mine when i use to race around like a freak long back.

Anyways, Its an Elantra and Tucson discussion not Baleno vs Accent.

Waiting for New Elantra, if the reports are good in terms of handling etc. then my money on New Elantra over Civics. hehe

Lagta hai Sir jee you cant diffrentiate between the "H" badge and the "H" badge..

You wipped away honda cities..could be true, but hey! did u notice one thing.. why was it so close to your car on the finishing line with you obviously ahead!! Simple yaar! It was a 1.3 exi..

Try you Accident...err!! Accent! against a OHC 1.5 forget the VTEC and you will understand the difference between the straight "H" and the tilted "H".

PS: Bhai meri baaton ko dil pey mat lena yaar, main to awai apna experience share kar raha hoon.

Cheers,
Shrey
Closed Thread

Most Viewed