Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2007, 15:48   #76
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
The only place the Korean is better is ride quality and interiors
cmon mate come out of ur fantasy world and get your facts right now tht ur on TEAM-BHP
no chance bro. you own and baleno and should know.
Old 23rd October 2007, 15:48   #77
BHPian

Two cars equally matched on Weight (driven by the same driver at identical conditions), the one which produces the higher torque than the other at the same engine RPM will outdrag the car which produces lower torque at the same engine RPM. Also, Baleno has a clear cut weight advantage over Accent by about 150 Kgs (roughly the weight of two adults). This is an advantage which helps it overcome the 12 bhp defecit between itself and Accent 1.6L (not to mention gearing, tyres etc). This law of physics is one of the main contributory factors for the difference in performance.

Hands on, a Baleno is better on a few parameters. No two words about it. But Accents in general are kitted out better (Tornado comes with ABS, Bridgestone Potenza Tyres, Alloys, Spoiler, Height adjustable seats, Steering adjustable for rake, 6-CD Changer etc). Baleno was poorly kitted out and over priced before they came out with LXi version.

BTW, I have an Accent Tornado GTX and have used it close to 65K + Kms involving City / Highway drives. It's one of the most reliable cars we have in our family. Its great to drive too. I have driven a Baleno for a couple of thousand Kms. I can vouch that overall, the experience with Accent is better with more bang for your buck satisfaction. You know you have spent your hard earned money well. In my opinion, that's important too.

-Harshavardhan
Old 23rd October 2007, 15:50   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
go to the bonnet of any car and press it and it will move in.
Errrrrmm. No. Not 'any' car.

On the topic at hand, I think both are good cars with different strengths. If you are talking performance though, I think it is the Baleno. Hands down.
Old 23rd October 2007, 15:51   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
no chance bro. you own and baleno and should know.
He (balenopower) is right. The Accents do have a better ride.

Last edited by typeOnegative : 23rd October 2007 at 15:53.
Old 23rd October 2007, 16:00   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshavardhan View Post

Hands on, a Baleno is better on a few parameters. No two words about it. But Accents in general are kitted out better (Tornado comes with ABS, Bridgestone Potenza Tyres, Alloys, Spoiler, Height adjustable seats, Steering adjustable for rake, 6-CD Changer etc). Baleno was poorly kitted out and over priced before they came out with LXi version.

-Harshavardhan
talking about kit. when i had my baleno i got it in 2003 for about 8.5 lacs. it had alloys, tints, spoiler, height adjustable seat, steering wheel adjustable for rake. the only thing it shouldve had was wider tyres and abs. it also had buttons to adjust airflow vent (to decide between the normal, feet and dashboard vents). that was mechanical and not a manual rotary switch like other cars(i know nothing to show off about but wth).

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
He (balenopower) is right. The Accents do have a better ride.
from whatever ive been in accents ive found the ride to be a bit stiff.
Old 23rd October 2007, 16:01   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyundai.Lover View Post

lol please bro., i know the difference bet. a Hyundai and Honda. Have ya ever driven a DOHC ver. of Accent even to the extreme? Please I bet you havnt. lol I accept the fact not many people had driven a 1.6L to the extreme. So, no issues on taking it to the heart. Ok if you know it practically, what the top speed of it? Think.... 160? 170? 180? how much? Please guys before posting, please read it is 1.6L not 1.5L. Baleno is quicker than 1.5L, i'm not denying that. Oh please dude.... OHC 1.5 vs Accent 1.6L? Don't make my laugh man. A Request for you bro, Please drive 1.6L Accent then post about OHC 1.5L vs Accent 1.6L. Duh!! Funny Yaar. hehe

Bhai Hyundai lover,

I can very well understand your pain, itni padti hai to dard to hoga hi..

Driving a Accent DOHC to XTREME!! Umm Well!! I have ridden a CBZ XTREME!! to a Accident err! ACCENT..

You're talking abt me driving a DOHC ACCIDENT.. baap rey!! "ee ka hot hai bhaiya, humka to maloom hi nahi.."

Brother,you seem to be a kid in the motorworld by the way you talk so you better watch your mouth here, there are people who have done things that you can't think of,not that I am one of them but still. I have driven cars which have 8cyl's.. do you know what it feels like to be in a 8cyl car? It would cross the top speed of ur korean ghoda gaadi before you can even think off!! with power enough for it to pull ur ghoda gaadi faster than what the ghoda gaadi itself can run!!

Ok, not going OT.. I will still reiterate.. what you see in papers is very different from reality.

--------------DELETED---------------

Just like redrage mentioned, live with what you have and utilize what u have the way it is supposed to be, you have a nice FAMILY car stick to it.. don't try dragging or doing anything else or sorry to say you will have to open a factory of painkillers for your self.

--------------DELETED---------------

cheers,
Shrey.

VISHESH SOOChNA: comments made in this post are strictly my pheelings.. Agar bhaiyo ko koi takleef hui ho to khed hai.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words/photographs in posts/avatars/signatures/topics is STRICTLY prohibited.

Last edited by Samurai : 23rd October 2007 at 16:25.
Old 23rd October 2007, 16:04   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshavardhan View Post

Just to clear a few things here, Baleno do come come with Alloys/Spoilers/Height Adj Seats/Steering Adj for Rake/CD changer etc,that's in Vxi version, not Lxi.And the Newer version even had Climate control and also bigger tires(NCT 5 AFAIK) . How I wish there was ABS also but that's something Baleno missed out .
Old 23rd October 2007, 16:07   #83
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1self View Post
I can confidently say my next car (or upgrade) WILL be another HYUNDAI!
HYUNDAI ROCKS!!
So says my family. And as a result my cousin brother drives a Silver Santro Xing, my uncle drives a black Santro Xing, My brother in law drives a Cherry Red Santro Xing, my elder brother drives a Getz. All of them feel their future upgrades will be a Hyundai.
Old 23rd October 2007, 16:07   #84
Team-BHP Support

ssjr0498 - chill out man. lets not call hyundai cars crap. they are good in their own ways.
Old 23rd October 2007, 16:14   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
VISHESH SOOChNA: comments made in this post are strictly my pheelings.. Agar bhaiyo ko koi takleef hui ho to khed hai.
Quote:
ssjr0498 - chill out man. lets not call hyundai cars crap. they are good in their own ways.
Also, you might want to post in English in future - for the benefit of guys like us. In any case, I find it a pain in the butt going through loooong posts that are in two languages. You could open a private blog for that though.......just my two cents

Last edited by suman : 23rd October 2007 at 16:16.
Old 23rd October 2007, 16:29   #86
Senior - BHPian

@HL, it's nice to see that you love your car. We all do. As long as it gives you the thrills who cares about which car whips another.

I also gather that you must be a very good driver to have thrashed OHC 1.5s, Fiesta's (I presume 1.6 Fiesta?), compared to the drivers you raced against. And I am not being sarcastic.

Quote:
Few difference bet. Accent GTX and Accent GLS. Slight difference in the engines, gearbox, stock tyres (wider than gtx).
I was looking through the specs here and am confused.

Accent GLS1.6 Hyundai Accent GLS 1.6 Specifications, Hyundai Accent GLS 1.6 Features, Colors, Price, Wallpapers - CarWale.com India
Accent GTX Tornado Hyundai Accent GTX - Tornado Specifications, Hyundai Accent GTX - Tornado Features, Colors, Price, Wallpapers - CarWale.com India

The GLS came with 175 13" tyres
The GTX with 185 14" tyres

- You mention that the GLS has wider tyres than the GTX. What tyres does your car have?
- Could you please elaborate on the slight difference in engine and gearbox between the GLS & GTX?
Old 23rd October 2007, 16:51   #87
BHPian

Accents

Weight , refinement and performance are the three things that plague Hyundai all over the world.. It takes high technology to do the following:
  1. Build faster smoother engines
  2. Build lighter cars that are rigid
  3. Build efficient engines
Koreans are atleast a decade behind the Japs in the Automobile game.. Since they cannot beat the Japs at this what they have done is :
  1. Offer much better equipment and trim levels
  2. Improve reliability
  3. Offer a lower price
There are a significant number of people in the developed world who were buying Japanese for VFM moving to Hyundai for precisely the same reasons..

In India 70% of the buyers are looking for VFM and hence Hyundai works for them.

But for the enthusiast , the Koreans aka Hyundai offer nothing to feel happy about.

My tuppence
Old 23rd October 2007, 17:02   #88
Senior - BHPian

@ssjr0498 - I see that your post has been corrected / edited as I was going to respond to some of those lines.

Hyundai Cars are not what you made them out to be. Kindly back up your facts and have appropriate Data before making claims which are going to confuse other member's here.

Hyundai.lover has made it clear to us that it was never his intention to start a thread on this Baleno/Accent thing and also he is talking specifically about the 1.6 Accent. This clears up a lot of things

Also as Suman ji quoted, try to type in English and not rural languages in this forum. It is very hard to read. Cheers !!
Old 23rd October 2007, 17:22   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadas View Post
Please do not cut this chain. This was started by Kim Chom from Korea in the year 2000. Please send it to 7 people whom you know. My friend who refused to send it got his engine (of course Maruti car) bursted while driving.
Another friend who had forwarded it to 100 people is getting a mileage of 55.5kmpl for his Accent.
This is awesome. Sums up the discussion like nothing else.
Old 23rd October 2007, 17:31   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
@ssjr0498 - I see that your post has been corrected / edited as I was going to respond to some of those lines.

Hyundai Cars are not what you made them out to be. Kindly back up your facts and have appropriate Data before making claims which are going to confuse other member's here.
I second that and I've said earlier, please no mud-slinging on each other or other's cars.Accent is good on it;s way and so does Baleno.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks