Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2007, 02:17   #46
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Whatever is said in the "Fast and Furious" has to be taken very seriously. Steering grip positions shown by Vin Diesel is to be benchmarked.

However, some people know what to think of these films and the segment of people they glorify.
havent watched the film that intensely, infact did not like it but absolutely loved that one liner from Han and another one line - "life is simple, you make choices an dont look back." Maybe I liked them becuase I do nt love Hyundai and try to follow the second one. Would watch it once more since you have mentioned.
Ok, sorry for going off topic. Baleno would anyday decimate the Accent (1.6L or 1.5L). In fact the accent crdi is the best of the lot IMO. Once it gets going it is pretty difficult to overtake one on a good stretch of road if the driver is in mood. have experienced it several times on the highways (me driving a Baleno)

P.S : 103 Horses on an Accent 1.6 are Korean Horses and should not be confused with Jap ones
Old 23rd October 2007, 02:37   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Would watch it once more since you have mentioned.
At what point did I even recommend watching the movie?! By the way Vin Diesel is in the First one (my Favourite) and in the Tokyo Drift he makes a Cameo. But I still dont like these movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
P.S : 103 Horses on an Accent 1.6 are Korean Horses and should not be confused with Jap ones
Well all these horses, Korean, Jap, Italian and Indian are all measured against James Watts British horses. These horses might exert the same pull internally but their final behavior is guided by the stride-length, the leg dimensions, the frequency as well as the Adipose content of their bodies.
Old 23rd October 2007, 03:52   #48

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
If Accents are fast and sturdy... why are they not used in rally's? or tracks? atleast i havent heard of any.
well i reckon,thats not exactly because of balenos being really fast on the circuit.its just that the baleno's have been homologated and maruti provides manufacturer support to their cars.thats why you see more of esteems,balenos and gypsy's.no other manufacture had entered the rally scene apart from maruti and honda.only now do we see mitsubishi and ford coming in .
even the cedia's and fiesta arent really fast(if you look at the production models),its just that they can be prepped really good.
the hyundai accent has a rally car version that did rally in other countries.
Old 23rd October 2007, 08:48   #49
Senior - BHPian

I agree with Hellspawn .

SGP Motorsports UK » Rally Car Hire

Extract from the Site -

This topped a remarkable year, in which his Accent WRC 3 won three events, finished second once, third once, fourth once, and only had one retirement when he hit a boulder in the middle of the road at the Trackrod Rally in Yorkshire.
In taking the 2004 title, David?Ĵs Accent World Rally Car beat off a host of Subaru Imprezas, Mitsubishi Evo 8s and Ford Focus WRCs. A combination of his undoubted driving ability and the professionalism of his SGP Motorsport team.

So all I would say now is let us leave this Accent & Baleno Bashing. The Accent I would say again is a very good and relaible car and of course so is the Baleno.

I am not a racer so I would not know what the 0 - 100 figures are. I am sure a Baleno would be faster but then having said that do not take the Accent for granted !! It can also do wonders with a propah' driver in the seat.

So Guys please Peace
Old 23rd October 2007, 09:05   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
This topped a remarkable year, in which his Accent WRC 3 won three events, finished second once, third once, fourth once, and only had one retirement when he hit a boulder in the middle of the road at the Trackrod Rally in Yorkshire.
In taking the 2004 title, David?Ĵs Accent World Rally Car beat off a host of Subaru Imprezas, Mitsubishi Evo 8s and Ford Focus WRCs. A combination of his undoubted driving ability and the professionalism of his SGP Motorsport team.
The discussion is about stock Accent and Baleno that were available in India.
Old 23rd October 2007, 09:55   #51
Senior - BHPian

I totally agree with what Kaushik says, the fellow might have stuck with what he bought !!
He is bashing Baleno (which I didnot like at all) much like those Indian-Americans (na ghar ka, na ghat ka types) who bash India for no reasons...

OT: Hyundai Lover has stopped replying, may be he has no words to do so...

Abhi
Old 23rd October 2007, 10:04   #52
Senior - BHPian

@ Samurai - Yeah I know it's about a Stock Accent and a Baleno

I am only replying to lohithrao's post saying why are Accent's not used in Rally's etc and only Baleno's are !!

So I googled and found that article which looked impressive.

Otherwise I am very much a Baleno Liker !!! Though I own a Hyundai Accent and I love it but I got nothing against a Baleno. In fact I think a Black Baleno looks great !!

BTW Where is Hyundai.Lover ? Has he vanished ?
Old 23rd October 2007, 10:18   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Grapes are sour. It's ok my dear friend that you try to console yourself with the car you got stuck.
But anyway, we are car lovers here,not company lovers.So please be little bit civilized while posting your opinion about some car. It doesn't look good and only makes you look cheap. If you don't mind telling, are you from the indiaCar forum where I've seen only mud-slinging and car bashing?The things doesn't work like that here.
Yes,you have your right to have some opinion and so others also have the rights to take or trash your opinion.
Regards,

EDIT : BTW, I'm not a mod but that's what I feel about this forum and would love it to be remain as a friendly place of car lovers.
Hello Kaushik,

I do have same feeling that this guy is the same fellow from Indiacar forum.There also he got lots of beating for promoting Hyundai brand in a wrong way.
Old 23rd October 2007, 10:31   #54
Senior - BHPian

Just like everyone else, even I have nothing against Accent. There was a time when my famiy had both an Accent and a Baleno. Since the Accent I have driven was a 1.5 (GVS), I did not make a comparison.

Both cars are great, but if you look at them head to head (even if it is the Accent 1.6), I'm sure the Baleno would come out a winner - in terms of engine, driveability and suspension. I say that because the Accent did alarmingly lesser figures than the Baleno when redlined in every gear.
Old 23rd October 2007, 11:02   #55
Senior - BHPian

IMHO, Baloney is a better car than Accident.
But that's for me. To each his own!
Old 23rd October 2007, 11:59   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Very Funny Mr Mathur !!!

Your posts nowadays are becoming quite funny, I have been reading them in the Anti Skid Matty thing or whatchamacallit !! ( Sorry, going OT )

Last edited by vkochar : 23rd October 2007 at 12:02.
Old 23rd October 2007, 13:34   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Well !! I have currently a Accent 1.5 and I have driven Baleno quite a bit. I think to be fair, both cars are equally good !!

I would not say the Baleno is a better car or the Accent is. Both are very very good. Yes, the Accent sold huge numbers these last few years ( still sells well ). Baleno never took off. In fact it is more in demand after car has been stopped.

As far as 0 - 100 goes, Top speed of Accent is no way 189 !!! I can back this up. More like 175 - 178 kph.

Looks - Well both cars are old school designs ( I like both of them ). Interiors - Accent is far better.

Engine - Baleno's a winner here.

So that's my thinking !! Cheers !!
Dude!! Accent 1.5L and Accent 1.6L are totally different cars. In accent 1.6L we have different Engine..... DOHC and more power 102 hp. Dude I ran my car 193 kmph, and slowly slowly reaching 195 kmph but gotta apply the brakes on it and that too on stock tyres. 1.5L is an SOHC car. So, both the Accents are totally different from thier performance.
Old 23rd October 2007, 13:57   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolader View Post
Hey u read any AUTOMOBILE magazine and not any of the FEMINA related magazines and they all state that "THE BALENO IS A WHOLE CLASS ABOVE THE ACCENT"
And tats just paper comparisons, other than the GB, the Baleno feels n is a tomb full of gold quicker than the Accent
So ur comparisons are like those of a good fairy tale for the accent.....Dream on...cant help it, lifes full of uuuhhhhh!!!!

Ohhh ya n i guess according to facts the SX4 sells more than the Verna right???
Seriously i don't always believe what automob magz says. In overdrive, when sx4 was launched, they were like suzuki's car can beat the hell out of any car in this segment. Best in its class. Best in interiors. Best in ride. No flaws at all. Best Fuel Efficiency and bla bla bla. Please have a look @ overdrive mag aug edition 161 or 167 page i guess. An angry man taking his door handle in his hand and cursing marutis for this, Which one should i believe? the first one (maruti paid for such a wonderful review) or the 2nd one ? So, I told ya there is a big difference bet. the Accent 1.5L and Accent 1.6L. In their performance and finishing and features. Magz are just for the information and but for analysis We are here. One can predict just by reading the magz. I bet you had read the magz bro. and you don't know if Accent GLS 1.6L have ABS which baleno lacks. Duh!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
1. You didn't have to title the thread as Baleno 1.6L. They don't come with engines smaller than that. I really don't know how you compared the "sheets" used. Very weird as to how you can say one is thinner than the other.

2. If you make a comparison between cars, come out with better facts. Do your homework, bring out the specs, how hyundai has been beating Balenos in the INRC - I'd love to read them .

3. Your friends bought Verna diesel and petrol - good for them. I have 500 friends that I can think of in an hour - will posting their car choices yeild us any result?

4. Are you in any way commercially associated with Hyundai? Can you clarify this? If you love Hyundai cars, I have nothing against it. Maybe Hyundai needs people who can promote their products without actual facts or performance on roads/INRC.
Sorry bro. but its been done by the mods. not by me. the very first post was a regular thread in Elantra and Tucson phased out thread, and mods made it as if i had started the thread, lol So, no comments for hurting anybody's feelings. and please i did my work for it. including the specifications work. Dude!! its accent 1.5L not accent 1.6L. you are getting a bit confused i guess. talking of the sheets, try to press the door sheet just by the thumb, i lil effort, and the metal will start bending slightly but don't try it hard else a small lovely bend will make the car ugly. try it in an accent's doors. Tap the body of both the cars. you will come to know the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Lagta hai Sir jee you cant diffrentiate between the "H" badge and the "H" badge..

You wipped away honda cities..could be true, but hey! did u notice one thing.. why was it so close to your car on the finishing line with you obviously ahead!! Simple yaar! It was a 1.3 exi..

Try you Accident...err!! Accent! against a OHC 1.5 forget the VTEC and you will understand the difference between the straight "H" and the tilted "H".

PS: Bhai meri baaton ko dil pey mat lena yaar, main to awai apna experience share kar raha hoon.

Cheers,
Shrey
lol please bro., i know the difference bet. a Hyundai and Honda. Have ya ever driven a DOHC ver. of Accent even to the extreme? Please I bet you havnt. lol I accept the fact not many people had driven a 1.6L to the extreme. So, no issues on taking it to the heart. Ok if you know it practically, what the top speed of it? Think.... 160? 170? 180? how much? Please guys before posting, please read it is 1.6L not 1.5L. Baleno is quicker than 1.5L, i'm not denying that. Oh please dude.... OHC 1.5 vs Accent 1.6L? Don't make my laugh man. A Request for you bro, Please drive 1.6L Accent then post about OHC 1.5L vs Accent 1.6L. Duh!! Funny Yaar. hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
If Accents are fast and sturdy... why are they not used in rally's? or tracks? atleast i havent heard of any.
I had seen maruti 800s in the rallies. means they are the fastest rally cars and with awesome handling? talkng of accents in rallies? Duh!! Please google it and you will find it. you will find 100s of results.

Last edited by Hyundai.Lover : 23rd October 2007 at 14:04.
Old 23rd October 2007, 14:01   #59
Senior - BHPian

And I thought Hyundai was not capable of 'hard-sell'!
But, as with the pricing of most of their cars, they're kinda goofing up on this too!
Old 23rd October 2007, 14:03   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
ROFLMAO
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks