Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2007, 14:20   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
Damn man!! Hyundai lover is all like 'Hail Hyundai'!! Oh well, each to his own. But don't dish out on other cars like this dude, have some respect!!
Dude!! mods started the thread not me. I'm Sorry if i was being harsh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Does hyundai provide you with quality bridgestones & michelins & pirellis ?? The max i have seen in a stock accent is a S322.

Figures above could be for the international version of the accent, not the indian one.
Yup, my stock tyres were bridstone dude and in which ver. of accents you had seen s322? mine is Accent GLS 1.6L 2003 model not GTX Tornado and dude i have ABS which Baleno lacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Whatever is said in the "Fast and Furious" has to be taken very seriously. Steering grip positions shown by Vin Diesel is to be benchmarked.

However, some people know what to think of these films and the segment of people they glorify.

Some interesting Hyundai's may soon be on the roads. Infact the GETZ was a turnaround product. It displays Same tactile feel as many a European cars (only softly sprung). Lets just pray for better cars, irrespective of the brands they belong to.

This thread is about Accent Tornado and Baleno. Keep it at that. My take is that an Accent (including the tornado) is a car loaded with features but essentially middle-of-the-pack in every other area.
Na Na not Accent Tornado but Accent GLS 1.6L ver. with ABS.
Old 23rd October 2007, 14:26   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
@ Hyundai lover :

Owning an Accent 1.6 Gtx when it was launched at the very first (2002) I was also very keen at this accent 1.6 v/s baleno v/s city 1.5 v/s Ikon and wanted the accent to triumph because of road burning paper facts such as 103 Bhp , a 180+ top speed (as claimed by one of the articles in overdrive). But in reality i know what hardhip i have gone to make the car a reasonable buy. I was really happy about the features i was provided such as ABS, 6 cd changer. Alloys and what not. But even i failed to understand why it wasnt faster.One of the facts being the power to weight of Baleno is good (960 kgs) compared to accent 1.6 ltr (1125+ kgs).

The Accent engine was very very rough and wasnt the "begged to be revved" types where as its Jap counterparts aka Honda and Baleno were free revving at its best. I tried synthetic lubricants, K&N , free flow, plugs to make me "think" my car can go faster but that dint help it a lot .Then after 56000 kms i learnt to be satisfied atleast that things like smoothness, free revvability of the engine have improved to a certain extent as it felt way better than what it used to be when i bought it. Trust me the DOHC was hell to ride with in the beggining few kilometres and was noisy as hell. Thanks to Mr. Subbu's help I was able to source a few insulation pads from Hyundai and i added it on. Which definetly helped.
What I advice you is instead of getting agitated at the facts people telling you that your car is crap. Try and run it the way it is supposed to be like a family sedan, Neck on Neck performance's with Jap cars is not a daily deed you would be going through so just enjoy the power of car instead of trying to out race other cars and trust me the accent 1.6 ltr is quite a powerful car. Other accent 1.6 ltr owners will vouch for that.

P.S - This is just my 2 cents owning a accent 1.6 and owning a suzuki 1.3.
I dont mean to offend any comments.
Few difference bet. Accent GTX and Accent GLS. Slight difference in the engines, gearbox, stock tyres (wider than gtx).
Old 23rd October 2007, 14:28   #63
Senior - BHPian

Ok !! So Hyundai.Lover is Back with a Bang - Come on all you Guys !!

I know that my Accent is a 1.5 and of course 1.6 is a different engine altogether. Sorry, I did not emphasise on this. Cheers !!

Last edited by vkochar : 23rd October 2007 at 14:39.
Old 23rd October 2007, 14:30   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyundai.Lover View Post
Yup, my stock tyres were bridstone dude and in which ver. of accents you had seen s322? mine is Accent GLS 1.6L 2003 model not GTX Tornado and dude i have ABS which Baleno lacks.
Na Na not Accent Tornado but Accent GLS 1.6L ver. with ABS.
Hey buddy. I see you have a strong passion for your car! Nothin wrong in that.

By the way, how much did your car cost you OTR in 2003? And how much FE does it give? Sorry... cant help but ask about FE...
Old 23rd October 2007, 14:30   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

lol please bro., i know the difference bet. a Hyundai and Honda. Have ya ever driven a DOHC ver. of Accent even to the extreme? Please I bet you havnt. lol I accept the fact not many people had driven a 1.6L to the extreme. So, no issues on taking it to the heart. Ok if you know it practically, what the top speed of it? Think.... 160? 170? 180? how much? Please guys before posting, please read it is 1.6L not 1.5L. Baleno is quicker than 1.5L, i'm not denying that. Oh please dude.... OHC 1.5 vs Accent 1.6L? Don't make my laugh man. A Request for you bro, Please drive 1.6L Accent then post about OHC 1.5L vs Accent 1.6L. Duh!! Funny Yaar. hehe

I had seen maruti 800s in the rallies. means they are the fastest rally cars and with awesome handling? talkng of accents in rallies? Duh!! Please google it and you will find it. you will find 100s of results.
you crack me up man. your the only one on this forum who thinks that hte accent(be it dohc or sohc) is better than the baleno. and the accent is better than the OHC 1.5? no im not talking about the v-tec. even the normal 1.5 is more powerful than your accent. and it is a class apart. the honda engines are refined and free revving. the accent engine is by no means free revving.

talking about rallies. you see a maruti 800 in rallies. you yourself say it does not mean it is the fastest rally car with the best handling. so then just because the accent is in rallies does it mean its the best car? NO it does not.

and i dont know what you mean about pressing the body and making a dent. go to the bonnet of any car and press it and it will move in. big deal. fine the handle of an sx4 broke off. handles can break off on any car. i can open your accent door hard and break your cars handle off.

so theres no point comparing the accent 1.6 to the baleno because as everyone says, the baleno kicks its but.

and dont compare koreans to japs - this is coming from a hyundai owner.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 23rd October 2007 at 14:36.
Old 23rd October 2007, 14:41   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raja748 View Post
Hello Kaushik,

I do have same feeling that this guy is the same fellow from Indiacar forum.There also he got lots of beating for promoting Hyundai brand in a wrong way.
Sorry i'm not from any other forum. But a new member of Team-BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Hey buddy. I see you have a strong passion for your car! Nothin wrong in that.

By the way, how much did your car cost you OTR in 2003? And how much FE does it give? Sorry... cant help but ask about FE...
I bought my car in 2005 for 5 lakh from a friend (first owner). Registration November 2003. Mileage i'm getting around 11 kmpl in city, no hard race but with normal acceleration and avoiding 2nd and 4th gears. lol i know a lil bit how to churn good mileage.

Sorry dude..!! I was not in an intention to have a fight for accents and balenos. it was just a thought, in elantra and tucson thread. I'm not here for over stressing on any of the cars, but just to give my views, and sorry if i was being harsh.

As i'm new to this forum, i don't know if it use to be a hot topic in here in the past (came to know from the mod).

So, no more posts from my side giving explainations about the difference bet. 1.5L and 1.6L accents.

Mods can close the thread. I'm into other threads, not this one.

Cheers!! and Peace out.
Old 23rd October 2007, 14:44   #67
Senior - BHPian

Dude... Duh Duh ....Dude...Duh Duh
Interesting thread.
Old 23rd October 2007, 14:47   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As i'm new to this forum, i don't know if it use to be a hot topic in here in the past (came to know from the mod).

So, no more posts from my side giving explainations about the difference bet. 1.5L and 1.6L accents.

Cheers!! and Peace out.
O its ok yaar.
Actually, if you just stick to the highlighted thingy above, then no problem. People here are a bit emotional about their suzis n hondas. Thats all. Besides, DOHCs are still not common enough on the scene and there are so many versions of accent out there that this one often gets a miss!
Old 23rd October 2007, 14:47   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Cheers!! and Peace out.
Hey Hyundai.Lover - I have been here for over a year. Here are a few topics I would suggest you to simply stay out of even if you think otherwise.

Baleno - They love this car here.
Palio - Again they simply love it here.
OHC & OHC Vtecs - Again no saying dirty about this.
Swift D / P Either - You want to get yourself killed !! Go Ahead.

If you are a Hyundai Lover ( which I assume you are ) then you will find plenty of similar people here like me who are more than glad to discuss the cars with you, but never ever start the Hyundai / MUL debate thing here. It is really not worth the trouble and critisicm you will receive ( I have been there & done that )

Cheers !!

MODS - Please close this thread.

Last edited by vkochar : 23rd October 2007 at 14:49.
Old 23rd October 2007, 14:49   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
IMHO, Baloney is a better car than Accident.
But that's for me. To each his own!
WT..!!!

LOL!!
Old 23rd October 2007, 15:06   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dude I ran my car 193 kmph, and slowly slowly reaching 195 kmph but gotta apply the brakes on it and that too on stock tyres.
And how did you manage to measure that ....digital speedo in the 1.6?
Old 23rd October 2007, 15:21   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Ok !! So Hyundai.Lover is Back with a Bang - Come on all you Guys !!
Return of the Hyundai Hey sorry,just a joke..

but anyway,HyundaiLover, you have just ignored my Posts/queries :-(
Old 23rd October 2007, 15:30   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Hyundai.Lover - I have been here for over a year. Here are a few topics I would suggest you to simply stay out of even if you think otherwise.

Baleno - They love this car here.
Palio - Again they simply love it here.
OHC & OHC Vtecs - Again no saying dirty about this.
Swift D / P Either - You want to get yourself killed !! Go Ahead.
Spot on.....HL remember this the next time you feel like starting a new thread.
Old 23rd October 2007, 15:43   #74
BHPian

LOLzzzzz......i was expecting the guy to be murdered by now.....but i think T-Bhpians have mellowed down....
Someone in delhi with a baleno pls meet the guy and settle it....
Build quality of an accent is noway better than a baleno...Just resting ur A#$ on the side fender pushes the high Quality PATRA inside....Im not saying the balenos better...but neither is the quality of the accent better.
Performance--i dont believe i even have to say this......The Accent 1.6 will be killed by the baleno.....(I wish i wish i wish i was in delhi right now to prove this)
Looks is a matter of personal opinon and i prefer the baleno...
The only place the Korean is better is ride quality and interiors
cmon mate come out of ur fantasy world and get your facts right now tht ur on TEAM-BHP
Old 23rd October 2007, 15:45   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What's bridstone??
S322 is a bridgestone tyre which used to come fitted in most of the accents.
Potenza RE88 used to come in the Tornado model.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed