Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2007, 15:42   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Nah Raghu !! The 1.6 never had a Limited Edition as far as I know. Only the Tornado - But that was only cosmetics. There was always only one 1.6 engine.
Sorry vkochar, that was a typo I wanted to ask about the Tornado GTX.

Here is some info I got from Carwale:

Quote:
Hyundai Accent GLE
1495 cc, Petrol, Manual transmission, 5 seater

Hyundai Accent GLS 1.6 Without ABS
1599 cc, Petrol, Manual transmission, 5 seater

Hyundai Accent GLS 1.6

Hyundai Accent VIVA Without ABS

Hyundai Accent VIVA

Hyundai Accent VIVA CRDi
1493 cc, Diesel, Manual transmission, 5 seater

Hyundai Accent CRDi
1493 cc, Diesel, Manual transmission, 5 seater

Hyundai Accent GTX - Tornado
There are quite a few 1.6s there. I assume the same 1.6 was used in the normal versions. Was there any difference in the engine that the Tonado had? And are we talking about Tornado here?

Last edited by rocksterraghu : 25th October 2007 at 15:46.
Old 25th October 2007, 15:47   #152
Senior - BHPian

Raghu - There is no difference between 1.6 GLS Engine & Tornado GTX.

Nothing special in Tornado Engine. Just a different name / model.

The 1.6 GLS though was available with Abs and w/o ABS. But engines have been the same.

Bottomline is Accent had only 3 engines in India

1.5 GLE ( Current Production car )
1.6 GTX / GLS
1.5 CRDi

Now Viva Petrol also had 1.6 Engine.

Accent CRDi & Viva CRDi - both had same engines 1.5
Old 25th October 2007, 17:32   #153
BHPian

Come on Guys, We all know that it's not "that what you drive but how you drive". I know this is also a tag line for one of the fellow BHPian out here. Also tell me do we drive cars in city, highways or always on race track. The figure of 0 to 100 in xx.xx sec doesn't make any sense for most of the driving we do. Yes occasionally we all tend to rev up but not always these figures matter. Another aspect is also how you drive and the condition of your vehicle. I know most of us are good drivers and know the cars well, it happens that same brand same configurations but 2 different cars behave differently. It's bound to happen. May be the Accent in question here has a different history and is more quicker than other accents.Or otherwise the baleno in question was slower than other baleno's. Or the basic difference, Driver of Baleno was not a Team-BHP member hence he lost it.

Guys I have 2 Maruti 800's and an Accent. My old Maruti 800 which pumps 36 BHP only is much faster than my other Maruti which pumps 45 BHP ( yes this was limited edition EX version). Also i feel that my older 800 has more power than my newer 800, but that can't conclude that 36 is greater than 45.
So my view is that it's totally on how the car has been kept and how it's driven.
Thanks
Saurabh
Old 26th October 2007, 10:42   #154
BHPian

Fast accent ?

No knowledgeable accent owner who knows his cars will ever claim the accent to be faster than a Baleno.. Anyone who does is voicing his heart.. not what his brain is telling him
Old 26th October 2007, 12:32   #155
BHPian

@ And HYUNDAI LOVER seems to have disappeared.....The layman has triggered an unnecessary 147+ posts thread.Maybe we broke the lovers heart..i guess we can put an end to the thread now..& I Love The Accent 1.6

He may turn into a Hyundai hater after learnings so much about Baleno . It could have been even worse if he had compared it with FIAT 1.6.

Last edited by Ajay_J : 26th October 2007 at 12:36.
Old 26th October 2007, 13:25   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J View Post
He may turn into a Hyundai hater after learnings so much about Baleno . It could have been even worse if he had compared it with FIAT 1.6.
Then this thread would have crossed 20 pages by now.
Old 26th October 2007, 16:26   #157
BHPian

whats with baleno ..?? ... i just dont get it ..... here hyundai is having a reputation as a family car .. i have a heard about the ohc 1.5 and vtec.. very good indeed...a friend of mine has one turbo charged city ..really good .. ... funny here in kerala .. baleno is a considered a big zero... .. ask the guys in team bhp from kerala ..most will say the same .. here in cochin .. lancer and city and accent crdi rules..next segment is laura and verna .. these to are considered as keeri and paambu(mallus will know what i am talking about).. baleno is nowhere in the picture... someone tell me why this is so..??
Old 26th October 2007, 18:05   #158
Senior - BHPian

Dude Sameel no-one even pointed out about a particular state for that matter. The discussion here is solely based on a team-bhp'ians experience and not the keeri and paambu saga as mentioned by you.

Get the drift ?

Honestly if a mallu's arent big fans of a baleno in Kerala, step outta Kerala and check.
Old 26th October 2007, 18:31   #159
BHPian

yes i did step out of kerala .. i am working in coimbatore .. here i see lots of baleno..neatly done and maintained ones.. . but why this is not so in kerala any one care to explain this ?? ..
Old 26th October 2007, 19:17   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Dude Sameel no-one even pointed out about a particular state for that matter. The discussion here is solely based on a team-bhp'ians experience and not the keeri and paambu saga as mentioned by you.

Get the drift ?

Honestly if a mallu's arent big fans of a baleno in Kerala, step outta Kerala and check.
ROFLMAO!

Jokes apart sameel, when you ask us what is so special about Baleno, can I ask you why you consider Kerala to be THE place to decide the competancy of cars?

This has nothing to do with a state or region. We're talking about a car in general. By the way, there are quite a few senior members from Kerala who think Baleno is great. Time for some reality check?
Old 26th October 2007, 21:39   #161
BHPian

oh thats really simple ... drive the car in kerala rainy season and you will see how the car is as a whole.. the roads are pathetic here ..and that coupled with rains and the private busses here in cochin .. you will know the difference.. i am pretty good here ..and when i went to coimbatore.. everyone was amazed to see how simply i drive around in rain .. got to tell you coimbatore roads are a league ahead considered to kerala ..ask our senior members from kerala and those been to kerala ..especially to cochin .. and one more thing .. reality in kerala has got nothing going for the baleno its all against it ....individual choices are there ,..but the masses say otherwise .. but yes if baleno ever came out in diesel... then it would have been a winner ..hands down here in kerala ..
Old 26th October 2007, 21:52   #162
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameel View Post
oh thats really simple ... drive the car in kerala rainy season and you will see how the car is as a whole.. the roads are pathetic here ..and that coupled with rains and the private busses here in cochin .. you will know the difference.. i am pretty good here ..and when i went to coimbatore.. everyone was amazed to see how simply i drive around in rain .. got to tell you coimbatore roads are a league ahead considered to kerala ..ask our senior members from kerala and those been to kerala ..especially to cochin .. and one more thing .. reality in kerala has got nothing going for the baleno its all against it ....individual choices are there ,..but the masses say otherwise .. but yes if baleno ever came out in diesel... then it would have been a winner ..hands down here in kerala ..
tbhp isnt the masses bro. and we are not talking about the masses. the masses dont like the cedia, the baleno nor the palio.
Old 26th October 2007, 22:13   #163
BHPian

oh by the way ..here in kerala ..in cochin agreed the cedia is not common but dont thrash the palio ..its selling good here ..yes the very top end palio 1.6 sport .. its selling here and i see lots in numbers ... cochin masses like the palio dude[] .. and you know something hyundai showroom sales chief ..finance and stuff ..he own a palio 1.9D .. hehe .. so yup dont know about the north and all..but here in cochin palio is popular and seen in good numbers in the roads .. all models 1.2 1.6 petrols and 1.9 diesel also ..
Old 26th October 2007, 22:30   #164
Senior - BHPian

Sameel.
People in kerala only buy the car which has the so called " Adipoli " Mileage aka great FE. Thats the reason u won't see much petrol cars there...Infact Kerala is the only place where i have seen more Zen D, Palio D and Ikon D than any other place in the country.
All those models were highly priced in comparison to its petrol counterpart which was advanced and refined but still people in kerala loved the diesel.

Last edited by kpzen : 26th October 2007 at 22:34.
Old 26th October 2007, 22:39   #165
BHPian

thats really true dude .. and yes i know in the north they buy only petrol coz thats less trouble and yes less cost also ..but whats the logic yaar ... i just dont get it ... my dad has 100km daily to n fro to office ...so we bought diesel ..thats justifiable right..accent DLS and just recently a verna .. but why the people in north have no concern for FE ?? whats the logic??
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks