Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2007, 23:15   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J View Post
@ And HYUNDAI LOVER seems to have disappeared.....The layman has triggered an unnecessary 147+ posts thread.Maybe we broke the lovers heart..i guess we can put an end to the thread now..& I Love The Accent 1.6

He may turn into a Hyundai hater after learnings so much about Baleno . It could have been even worse if he had compared it with FIAT 1.6.
Mr. Ajay, What i had learnt about Baleno here? Seems you have a poor state of mind and poor observations as i had clearly said that this thread was not opened by me, infact the mods just moved one of my post to make a fresh thread, and i don't have any Harsh Intentions to compare both the cars.

Sorry to say, you are not good enough to read the perticular line which i had mentioned again and again which Mr. Kochar observed.

Now talking of the layman thing, if you have 148 posts in here and i have less that doesnt mean one is layman. How much you drive daily? I drive 100 km daily on express way, noida 150-160-170 kmph and more than 170 kmph on the time of races (once of twice a week) without getting any problems in the handling below 170 kmph on stock tyres. Can easily make lefts and rights at such speed. ok tell me what you know about Accent 1.6L if you are an expert? 1.6L DOHC 102 hp... weight tyres that's it? Have ya ever driven it to the extreme with proper gear shifts?

It is my personal Experience with Balenos on clear highways without much traffic on it which i shared and someone told me that 4 baleno users should had messed up with the gear shifts. So, may be there is a possibility about it that my gear shifts were the best to beat Balenos. I havnt said anything to that guy. So, bro. better to observe carefully before posting any comments.

Oh! and please... I can never be a Hyundai Hater Unless they make cars with poor builts, Unreliable things in them which few companies makes... You know which i'm talking about

So, Hyundai Still >> in my heart.

Last edited by Hyundai.Lover : 26th October 2007 at 23:20.
Old 26th October 2007, 23:26   #167
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyundai.Lover View Post
I drive 100 km daily on express way, noida 150-160-170 kmph and more than 170 kmph on the time of races (once of twice a week) without getting any problems in the handling below 170 kmph on stock tyres. Can easily make lefts and rights at such speed.
even Michael Schumacher should think twice before making such a statement about his F1 car. Dude you seem to have gone out of your head. Agreed that Accent 1.6 is a good car and you are an excellent driver, but please dont make such statements.

P.S - its better to keep quiet and be thought a fool rather than to speak out and prove oneself.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 26th October 2007 at 23:43.
Old 26th October 2007, 23:36   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
even Michale Schumacher should think twice before making such a statement about his F1 car. Dude you seem to have gone out of your head. Agreed that Accent 1.6 is a goodcar and you are an excellent driver, but please dont make such statements.

P.S - its better to keep quiet and be thought a fool rather than to speak out and prove oneself.
had i mentioned the word " Sharp Turns". Normal lefts and rights. So, please schumacher will not even think once because got guts to drive at this speed.
You not in Delhi na? Please ask someone who is in delhi, will tell you about Express Way,connecting to greater noida. 23 km stretch.

P.S:- One should not comment unless he knows what other person is talking about

And nice Quote " What goes around comes back around..."
Fact of Life.

Last edited by Hyundai.Lover : 26th October 2007 at 23:42.
Old 26th October 2007, 23:47   #169
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
had i mentioned the word " Sharp Turns". Normal lefts and rights. So, please schumacher will not even think once because got guts to drive at this speed.
You not in Delhi na? Please ask someone who is in delhi, will tell you about Express Way,connecting to greater noida. 23 km stretch.

Fact of Life.
ok bro, point noted. the quote is from the song by Justin Timberlake
Old 26th October 2007, 23:55   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameel View Post
yes i did step out of kerala .. i am working in coimbatore .. here i see lots of baleno..neatly done and maintained ones.. . but why this is not so in kerala any one care to explain this ?? ..
Because the baleno is not recognised there & you could be an example of that ??? A lot of the people who responded to you are keralities who know what you are talking about. And please do not even mention cbe in your breath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameel View Post
..and when i went to coimbatore.. everyone was amazed to see how simply i drive around in rain .. got to tell you coimbatore roads are a league ahead considered to kerala ..ask our senior members from kerala and those been to kerala ..especially to cochin .. and one more thing .. reality in kerala has got nothing going for the baleno its all against it ....individual choices are there ,..but the masses say otherwise .. but yes if baleno ever came out in diesel... then it would have been a winner ..hands down here in kerala ..
He he he , the masses never said that the baleno is a good car, if they did, it would still be there. whoever gave you that impression sameel. And I would love to see you drive in the rain too.

[quote=Hyundai.Lover;608185]had i mentioned the word " Sharp Turns". Normal lefts and rights. So, please schumacher will not even think once because got guts to drive at this speed.

quote]

what are 'normal' lefts & rights ? On the streets ??? do you race on the streets of delhi? man, i never knew street racing was legal in delhi, obviously i have never been there, so i cannot confirm.

Last edited by esteem_lover : 26th October 2007 at 23:56.
Old 26th October 2007, 23:57   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
ok bro, point noted. the quote is from the song by Justin Timberlake
thanx bro. but it is written in bhagwat geeta too.
Old 27th October 2007, 00:03   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Started with the body... Baleno thin body. even a slight bump makes its body mold inside. lol mine was good hardcore if compared.
U must be kidding. Not a chance bcos i have both cars in the family. Baleno except for boot has a better built body than Accent. Just try closing the doors of the both the cars u'll know....Or even just lift the bonnet of Baleno...

Just try opening n closing the rear view mirrors u'll know the difference in build quality..
Quote:
then we compared engines... baleno 1.6L vs accent 1.6L again mine had a upper hand.
Assuming ???? or any real facts.
Quote:
then handling... again accent. Now comes the real test of power.
In terms of Handling Accent has no chance whatsoever against Baleno..

Quote:
. whats the use of 16" alloys if they are providing 3rd class tyres i.e JK Tyres.
They are better than what is provided with Tornado Potenza RE88... Absolutely rubbish tyres which start making such noise after 20k kms.

A major reason for the Accent 1.6 to be unsuccessful was the FE factor. We have never got more than 10kmpl. whereas Baleno driven to same places by the same person gives around 12kmpl..
I know so many ppl who just sold it off bcos of some ridiculous FE figures they were getting... LBM where are u ??

Rust problem in our 2003 Tornado whereas our 2000 Zen is still rust free..
Old 27th October 2007, 00:04   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
what are 'normal' lefts & rights ? On the streets ??? do you race on the streets of delhi? man, i never knew street racing was legal in delhi, obviously i have never been there, so i cannot confirm.
Na bro, express way is not in delhi, but it is in noida. initially its speed was set 80 kmph. but they crossed it and no speed limit on it. It is a good stretch of 23 km with very very less traffic on the way.

Sorry, i don't race on delhi roads anymore after the car with whom i'm racing with met a serious accident and rammed his car into the divider. just because he was not getting enough room, he gave a throttle and lost control at just 80 kmph.

I know i use to be an immature freak on that part, but 2 years back.

Now i don't race on delhi roads, no speeding freaky things on delhi roads. But on express way, wwwwwwweeeee

Sorry, as i had mentioned earlier, no more discussions on accents vs balenos from my side. So, please brothers.
Old 27th October 2007, 00:06   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
U must be kidding. Not a chance bcos i have both cars in the family. Baleno except for boot has a better built body than Accent. Just try closing the doors of the both the cars u'll know....Or even just lift the bonnet of Baleno...

Just try opening n closing the rear view mirrors u'll know the difference in build quality..
Assuming ???? or any real facts.

In terms of Handling Accent has no chance whatsoever against Baleno..

They are better than what is provided with Tornado Potenza RE88... Absolutely rubbish tyres which start making such noise after 20k kms.

A major reason for the Accent 1.6 to be unsuccessful was the FE factor. We have never got more than 10kmpl. whereas Baleno driven to same places by the same person gives around 12kmpl..
I know so many ppl who just sold it off bcos of some ridiculous FE figures they were getting... LBM where are u ??

Rust problem in our 2003 Tornado whereas our 2000 Zen is still rust free..
No more discussions on this from my side please.
Old 27th October 2007, 00:12   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
noida 150-160-170 kmph and more than 170 kmph on the time of races
Hmmm, What Races?!

Quote:

Fact of Life.
Have a look at this thread, you will know that he has indeed not driven 23kms on Noida expressway.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ad-baleno.html

In anycase, it appears that Accent 1.6 is quite a capable car, being the only one that is able to handle at the speeds you mentioned.

I really have to use google someday to see its slalom exit speeds.
Old 27th October 2007, 00:13   #176
Senior - BHPian

I think you are seriously losing it Hyundai Lover. YOu are not able to produce real facts or figures. You are just seriously ranting here. For e.g.

Quote:
Sorry, i don't race on delhi roads anymore after the car with whom i'm racing with met a serious accident and rammed his car into the divider. just because he was not getting enough room, he gave a throttle and lost control at just 80 kmph.
That is the most immature & inaccurate statement that i have read here. Can I presume that your co-racer is still alive & kickin' just like you ?
Old 27th October 2007, 00:14   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No more discussions on this from my side please.
Dude.
Please understand the facts..
Old 27th October 2007, 00:15   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I...& kickin'....
or "banging his head"
Old 27th October 2007, 00:20   #179
BHPian

Quote:
I think you are seriously losing it Hyundai Lover. YOu are not able to produce real facts or figures. You are just seriously ranting here. For e.g.

That is the most immature & inaccurate statement that i have read here. Can I presume that your co-racer is still alive & kickin' just like you ?
yeah he is alive and after that he became a very good friend of mine, as me only took him to the hospital and many #%#$% were just looking at him and none of them showed the guts to take an injured to the hospital (most of the people thinks they have to visit police stations etc and why to be in the mess) and i had mentioned yes, it was an immature freaky act but 2 years back. 80 kmph loosing control means he missjudged it and ramms his car by mistake.

As, i had mentioned in the post for ajay, someone told me that there must be a problems with the gear shifts with my friends on the time of rolls. So, I thought may be, there is a possibility of gear shift problems, and i had clearly mentioned, no more talks on this please.

Last edited by Hyundai.Lover : 27th October 2007 at 00:22.
Old 27th October 2007, 00:24   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Dude.
Please understand the facts..
Sorry? Facts like?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed