Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2007, 20:29   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
And has been so for the last 5 years or whatever! lol.
you lucky guys...the road tax is a killer in bangalore. Its about 13.5 out here.
Old 31st October 2007, 09:37   #62
BANNED

The laura has a 1.9 pump -duse engine wheas the skoda has a 1.9 engine with a bosch vp44 diesel injecton pump . The pump duse has much higher injection pressure and prduces more BHP as well. However both the technologies have been phased out and common rail is the inthing .
Old 31st October 2007, 09:49   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmana2000 View Post
. However both the technologies have been phased out and common rail is the inthing .
True but CRD requires good fuel and injector pumps wear out faster. The older engiens are more robust and can take a little nonsense
Old 31st October 2007, 11:03   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
True but CRD requires good fuel and injector pumps wear out faster. The older engiens are more robust and can take a little nonsense
Pumpe Duse is extremely noisy. I think the Fiat Multijet should now be made a benchmark of refinement, torque and efficiency. And I think it's going to take all the abuse our diesel has to offer.
Old 31st October 2007, 11:09   #65
Senior - BHPian

VW will be coming out with a new range of Common Rail Diesels pretty soon. What happens to the PDs then? Hope the high output engines are plonked into the Lollas for cheap
Old 31st October 2007, 11:49   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
VW will be coming out with a new range of Common Rail Diesels pretty soon. What happens to the PDs then? Hope the high output engines are plonked into the Lollas for cheap
Well, the Pumpe Duse will certainly be banned in US and Europe starting 2008 as Pumpe Duse technology can not support Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) regeneration which is going to be mandatory. The PD engine in Laura here does not have DPF at all (forget regeneration of DPF)!!! So Lauras here are spreading soot and particle pollution apart from noise.

Better if we also get the VW CRDi's starting next year but knowing Skoda they will continue to dump PD's here for another 5 years.
Old 31st October 2007, 11:52   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Better if we also get the VW CRDi's starting next year but knowing Skoda they will continue to dump PD's here for another 5 years.
LOL - Yes, True !! And we will continue to buy it thinking it is the best thing.
Old 1st November 2007, 13:25   #68
Team-BHP Support

Met with the owner of VW dealership and asked how do you expect to position a VW above an expensive skoda.

A wry smile and he told me, expect skoda's to be "repositioned" and become cheaper. I don't think the TDi engines will appear in the VW's from my discussion - this is yet to be finalised

Last edited by ajmat : 1st November 2007 at 13:26.
Old 1st November 2007, 13:33   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't think the TDi engines will appear in the VW's from my discussion - this is yet to be finalised
But then, haven't people spotted the Jetta TDi and the Polo sedan TDi being tested? Maybe they'll change the engines later.
Old 1st November 2007, 14:38   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Met with the owner of VW dealership and asked how do you expect to position a VW above an expensive skoda.

A wry smile and he told me, expect skoda's to be "repositioned" and become cheaper. I don't think the TDi engines will appear in the VW's from my discussion - this is yet to be finalised
Makes sense. Globally too the VW sell costlier than the Skoda's and if they price the VW over the current levels of Octavia then they are done for

Good times ahead it seems!
Old 1st November 2007, 15:22   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

VW has only TDis (regular and PD versions). The Passat and Tuareg both have TDi PD engines.
Old 1st November 2007, 21:24   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
And we will continue to buy it thinking it is the best thing.
On numerous forums it was claimed,PD-TDi is VW's take on the common rail engines,and yes there have been numerous debates where people have claimed this technology to be superior.

Now how come this change to Common rail technology [crdi] which the other manufacturers had in their cars.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 1st November 2007 at 21:30.
Old 2nd November 2007, 01:53   #73
BHPian

Took the delivery of Corrida Red Laura Ambiente Last friday . After a week all i can say is the car is Just fantastic in whatever it does . The car has everything one could ask for at a price of Rs. 14.25 lacs OTR .
IMO ,One of the best VFM cars available in India .

P.S. The real excitement begun when i was told by the dealer(and later confirmed by the Skoda people from Aurangabad) that this was the first Red Laura that was delivered in India .
Old 2nd November 2007, 10:29   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
Took the delivery of Corrida Red Laura Ambiente Last friday . After a week all i can say is the car is Just fantastic in whatever it does . The car has everything one could ask for at a price of Rs. 14.25 lacs OTR .
IMO ,One of the best VFM cars available in India .

P.S. The real excitement begun when i was told by the dealer(and later confirmed by the Skoda people from Aurangabad) that this was the first Red Laura that was delivered in India .
Congrats and pics please.
IIRC, this is for the first time that a Laura (actually Octy 2) is being offered in red colour.
Old 2nd November 2007, 10:38   #75
BHPian

I 'll be posting the pics very soon . Yup thats still a mystery why they didnt offer the red color as an option in the L&K and Elegance . infact, even today the Corrida red is available only in the Ambiante version but this is one color that really enhances the look of the Laura . IMO even better than the Black .(i 've to say this cos i own one) .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks