Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2007, 11:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubin2006 View Post
It is a price cut of 211000 which is huge by any standards
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
Nobody here has said that they have cut the price.
I was just alluding to @rubin's comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
As I said, I just hope they have more sense than to continue selling the Octi in the 8-10 lakh bracket. You never know with these guys.
True it doesn't sound right to continue with the old Octy any further. However it IS a competent car. Wouldn't it make sense for Skoda to continue with it at the 10L mark? They'll then have a car at all price points from 6-7 to 20-25?
Old 25th October 2007, 11:13   #17
BANNED

did they chop out xenons in this ? guessing only manual available eh. what about rims and stuff. whats the difference between the elegance and ambienete now
Old 25th October 2007, 11:15   #18
Senior - BHPian

I truly think with the Octy's sales going down month by month and specially Magnum taking away a fat portion of its sales - the Octy is not too far from a major price cut. I think they will bring it down by 20 % or so which means OTR price of an Octy should be around 10 L.

Laura on the other hand with this hugee price cut is bound to take away sales and also attract a lot of Civic Buyers who I am sure would not mind paying an extra 2 lacs and get a better car ( with Diesel & FE Added ).
Old 25th October 2007, 11:30   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Maybe the Passat should also be offered at lower variants with price close to Laura L&K. That will provide a good range of cars to choose from - especially after Laura rider and vRS come into the market. Lookin' good.
Old 25th October 2007, 11:41   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Laura on the other hand with this hugee price cut is bound to take away sales and also attract a lot of Civic Buyers who I am sure would not mind paying an extra 2 lacs and get a better car ( with Diesel & FE Added ).
It's not really a price cut. It's a variant with lower specs. A civic with similar specs, if Honda chooses to launch one, might cost 3L less than the Laura Ambiente.

I guess, Xenons, part leather seats, alloys, some airbags etc have been done away with. However, it's good to see, that unlike the Rider, here they have retained the safety features. Ambient still has 2 airbags & ABS. The ad says they have retained the rear AC vents too !
Old 25th October 2007, 11:55   #21
Team-BHP Support

Some things are easier and cheaper to leave in than remove! Rear AC vents are one of them I guess.
Old 25th October 2007, 12:05   #22
Senior - BHPian

From the advert pics, looks like the head lamp washers have been axed. And, there is no mention of dual zone AC.

Laura Elegance didn't have Xenons, but had projectors.
Old 25th October 2007, 14:41   #23
Senior - BHPian

this surely is a civic beater.
Old 25th October 2007, 15:14   #24
BHPian

Also welcome aboard deuce! (if i may call u so!). LOL@ signature

hey thanks elito!yes you may
Old 25th October 2007, 15:37   #25
BHPian

But guys coming across this informatio, i'm really wondering about is that what would happen with the Octavia ????????? Well i think Skoda should pull its price down in the 7-8 range and see the action and I'm sure it would be selling like hot cakes ........Every fan of Octavia would be looking for the same option Wow Hope that it really happens they should not phase the Octavia somehow i still feel it has got the looks to steal every corner on the road......its awesome
Old 25th October 2007, 15:48   #26
BHPian

maan... i know a lotta people who bought the laura at otr price of 19.5 lacs (blr). now imagine your neighbour gets the same car for 5 lacs cheaper. phew! boy i'd be mad at the company. as all of us know...not everyone is an enthusiast. they buy cars for the snob value. i guess the car companies forget that sometimes.
i bought a motorazr when it was first launched. paid 38k for it. was supposed to be 'limited edition'. we all know what happened to the prices. will not buy anything from that company ever again.
hope the car companies realise this.
Old 25th October 2007, 16:19   #27
Team-BHP Support

Rang Vinayak

Looks like they do not have too much info but they did not try and lie.

Car is Rs 15 L on the road. The reception knew that it had less airbags and 15" wheels as well as fabric upholstry.

Quick look at UK website - shows same but the rain sensor wipers/ tyre pressure deleted as also park and those get you home lights
Old 25th October 2007, 16:32   #28
BANNED

funny bit is my friend got 2 lauras both in blue the first stock in bombay. l and k version for 16.5 laks in DD reg, when asked the price for same in mum reg i was quoted 22 laks we were laughing and enjoying the day in the laura same day. rocking car but L&K one still rules. love the beige in it,
Old 25th October 2007, 16:42   #29
BHPian

OTR price in Bangalore is Rs. 15,71, 682 !
Don't know why we have to pay such a high road tax here.
2 airbags instead of 4, Single C.D player, front parking sensors and headlamp washers removed in addition to changes already mentioned
Old 25th October 2007, 17:11   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontoo View Post
OTR price in Bangalore is Rs. 15,71, 682 !
Don't know why we have to pay such a high road tax here.
2 airbags instead of 4, Single C.D player, front parking sensors and headlamp washers removed in addition to changes already mentioned
They actually rang me back to tell me the above also dual tonic climate control is also not there

Most Viewed