Team-BHP - Advise on new car
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Advise on new car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/3053-advise-new-car.html)

Dear Friends,
I am buying the new esteem vxi (black) and needed some advise on the following points
Do you guys recommend taking an extended warranty for the 3rd and 4th year ? what does extended warranty cover ?
I am staying in Mumbai and would like to know is antirust treatment is a must for the vehicle. If yes, which one? I have a choice of Fucot, Dinitrol, and some kind fibre glass coating. Lastly how much is it gonna cost ?
Simlarly what film do i put on the car ? garware? Vkool ? or any damm local make ?
I am told v-kool will set me back by 12,000/- bucks (minimum) whereas the local one can cost as less as 500/- any advantages of putting v-kool/ garware over the local make ?
Is teflon coating recommened ? doesn't is come off after a few months ? is it a one time process or has to be done every few months ? how much does it cost ? I always thought that normal wax polish was the best option.
Lastly as vxi comes with kenwood stero, how much does a compatible Cd-changer cost ? Im more keen on the capability to play cds rather than a CD-changer.
Regards
Faraz

Faraz,

Congrats on your purchase.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]
Do you guys recommend taking an extended warranty for the 3rd and 4th year ? what does extended warranty cover ?

Absolutely. Whether its a Maruti or a Mercedes Benz, parts failures happen and the subsequent replacement can be expensive. Make sure that the warranty you get is a Maruti warranty and not a dealership warranty. A Maruti warranty will cover your car from bumper to bumper, except for regular wear and tear parts such as wiper blades, clutch and brake pads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]
I am staying in Mumbai and would like to know is antirust treatment is a must for the vehicle. If yes, which one? I have a choice of Fucot, Dinitrol, and some kind fibre glass coating. Lastly how much is it gonna cost ?

I strongly recommend dinitrol as even Hondas begin to rust in Bombays coastal weather.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]
Simlarly what film do i put on the car ? garware? Vkool ? or any damm local make ?

Go for Garware. Its a branded good and you will receive higher quality levels than unbranded local stuff. Vkool is priced outrageously.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]
Is teflon coating recommened ? doesn't is come off after a few months ? is it a one time process or has to be done every few months ? how much does it cost ? I always thought that normal wax polish was the best option.

Teflon coating deserves just two works : "No Thanks". Do a search for teflon on Team-BHP and you will receive some real life criticism.

Polishing your car once every three months is recommended, though there are some Team-BHPians (including myself) who do it more frequently.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]
Lastly as vxi comes with kenwood stero, how much does a compatible Cd-changer cost ? Im more keen on the capability to play cds rather than a CD-changer.

The best option for you would be to go in for an in-dash cd player for apprx Rs.6000 (entry level Pioneer). You can expect to get around 2 grand for your standard Kenwood stereo.

Hope that helps

GTO

GTO,

Thanks for the feedback

Faraz

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ July 27 2004,11:54)]
Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]

faraz,
congrats on your new car,
i agree with GTO on the teflon issue.but there are other products like Amazing Glaze,Valuguard and 3M which are similar but differnt products.
i had coated my silver zen in 2001 with amazing glaze and now my car definitely looks better than newer cars.it is 3 yrs old but still looks better than one year old cars.
dunno if it is because of that treatment that i had done.but i wax it regularly every 2-3 months.i use a turle wax emarald series wax paste costing 975rs.for the interiors u can use STP Son of a Gun costing 160rs.for the tires u can use any tire shine foam from either STP or Turtle wax....
also invest i a good garage cover .uy can get one for ur esteem from maruti asa MGA.
and yes go for the extended warranty.

drive safe
satya

hey gto
i had my cars teflon treated but now after the monsoons its back to turtle wax and maybe ill go pick up a machine to do the honours ..............
faraz congrats on your purchase .......
apart from the body treatment buy everything else from outside ........
an indash player is a good option but if u can fit a 2din player then go for that as that also allows you to play cassetes.
in mumbai you can go to opera house .....
u can put garware sunfilm , the good ones are for 900-1200 bucks ...................