Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2007, 19:43   #1

Any Bangalorean, want to test drive REVAi electric car?

hi...

here is one online registration form, which talks about test driving REVAi car. I think right now only Bangaloreans have the opportunity to test drive it. when I registered to the test drive, I had got call from REVA people.. they had mentioned that test drive is going on only in Bangalore.. don't know much about that... But guys you can register and get in touch with them..

so here is the link. Reva | Test drive Revai

cheers
Arun...
Old 27th October 2007, 10:03   #2
Senior - BHPian

arun

i would be intersted to drive it and see, but have you finished your TD already? if not we ll meet up at some opportune time between nov 1 and 4 and then we can check it out. the other option is you drive it and write your detailed report on this forum in this thread for the benefit of people like me.

srik
Old 27th October 2007, 10:16   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Should be some experience; dont miss it! Please do post a detailed TD report. It would be nice to know more about the Reva from a BHPians perspective.
Old 29th October 2007, 17:02   #4

test drive

Sure guys.. but right now i have registered for the test drive, I haven't tried it out yet. Actually they themselves get REVA to your home for the test drive.. so i should have tried it out by now.. but got stuck in some work..
Old 29th October 2007, 21:47   #5
Senior - BHPian

Why is this Bangalore only. Doesn't Reva have dealers in the rest of India?
Old 30th October 2007, 14:22   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Nope, they are present only in a handful of cities. Mumbai doesnt figure on that list.
Old 30th October 2007, 14:36   #7
Team-BHP Support

I signed up. Dont know how much i would like it, but what do i have to lose.
Old 5th November 2007, 17:57   #8

hi

I am out of station so the delay in replying to you all..

Reva has very limited dealers, as per Bombay nearby dealer for them is Pune, i feel.

Ben, did u test drive it? how was it? I would like to hear ur experience..
Old 6th November 2007, 14:18   #9
Team-BHP Support

I signed up for the same on the link provided on the 30th, but havent heard from them.
Old 6th November 2007, 14:38   #10

Oh! sad to know that.. Hope u will get call soon..
Old 6th November 2007, 17:40   #11
BHPian

I have driven the Reva (owned by a Maini employee). Not sure if the 'i' would be different. It felt like driving a closed go-kart (an underpowered one i.e). Quite fun though. Especially having a rotary knob to control the automatic transmission. Imagine turning a knob to reverse!. You do get few glances from the passersby, but those with a clear expression of pity.

'Reva' or 'Revai' or 'Revanna', call it whatever you may, its too small to be successful. They dont seem to be getting better with the new DC designs either. If companies like Toyota have cars like prius etc in their minds already, I think Reva is dying a slow death unless they bring out something better soon.
Old 7th November 2007, 17:17   #12

Hello kevish....

I agree that Reva doesn't have an attractive look. It looks like a small toy.

But i like electric cars and I have soft corner towards REVA. The new REVAi comes with AC drive train and REVA is made for city, to commute for short distances.

"If companies like Toyota have cars like prius etc in their minds already"

Prius is an hybrid car, how can we compare it with Reva, which is an electric car. As well as if we see the electric vehicle industry, none of the big manufacturers have come up with electric vehicles rather they are failure (GM with EV1 and Ford with Think). Everyone is showing of their concept electric cars but we don't know when they will reach to showrooms.
Whereas Reva is their on roads from past 10 years and it is getting better and better, hope will soon have a full fledge electric car.

Last edited by Aditya : 8th November 2007 at 12:38.
Old 8th November 2007, 12:09   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun3 View Post
But i like electric cars and I have soft corner towards REVA. The new REVAi comes with AC drive train and REVA is made for city, to commute for short distances.
[FONT=&quot]Whereas Reva is their on roads from past 10 years and it is getting better and better, hope will soon have a full fledge electric car. [/FONT]
I totally agree, personally, I would love to drive one too. But unfortunately, I live in a highrise appartment and do not have charging points in the parking.

But I still like it for its contribution to the environment. I wish the government had realised this and given it a tax exepmtion . We would have a much higher acceptance for the car + we would have already have had a sub $3000 car on the roads .
Old 8th November 2007, 13:45   #14
BHPian

Have driven the old reva too. The new Reva would come with an anti-hill-roll feature. So you basically stop up an incline and the car wont roll down. Dont ask me how they would accomplish that. Plus the new one has a few more horses because of the AC drive and also more mileage on full charge.

The only problem with the reva was that it has the seating capacity of a 2 wheeler and the rear-view mirror turn into an eye-piece for my left eye, giving me a huuuuuuuge blind spot on the left.

Oh and ya... its peppy enough for city drives. I'm sure a kinetic honda is more fun in traffic conditions than a Pulsar 220. Of course you take it on the highway and you can time your running stints alongside.
Old 12th November 2007, 12:06   #15
Team-BHP Support

Arun, a person from the dealership had called me, and agreed to give me a call on Friday. I had forgotten my mobile at home on Friday and couldnt receive the calls. Hoping he would call back sometime.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks