Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2008, 19:00   #31

I am not sure if moderator / rules allow to publish the email ids publically would wait for moderators advice on that before I put the same.
Till then;
Hint: Its not difficult to guess the id if you see the Chevy sites and some of their publically known ids, of course you know the name of GM head of India.
Old 13th October 2008, 23:33   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
How much was it OTR?
It was supposed to be 3.83 on road, but due to the increase in Road Tax (Laughable, ridiculous, but that's a discussion for another month) that came into effect from August, it came to 3.90 on road.
Old 14th October 2008, 12:02   #33
BHPian

are Gm guys trying to create 'swift-esque' delay for spark just to show off? I dont think ppl will get fooled this easily by making artificial delays. This is the time GM needs to step on the gas. Or could it be that GM never expected so many buyers after that FAT discount offer
Old 14th October 2008, 14:11   #34
Senior - BHPian

The delay is priamrily due to the limited manufacturing capacity that GM has, the operation is way to small to justify demand in the compact car segment. These low volumes is the reason one doesnt see the Spark as much as others despite the so called demand.

But GMs startegy of heavy discounting will give them the temporary nos. they need but I believe will do them a lot of damage long term. Its like they just need any ridiculous reason to drop half the cars price or bring out a limited edition. Their discounts keep getting bigger as the model grows older which will clearly reflect in its resale value.

GMs product line up in India is very good, present in almost every segment and all their products can hold their own against competition, but their half baked sales and marketing technique revolving around price reductions wont take them very far.
Old 16th October 2008, 21:31   #35

I got my delivery today as promised by Head of GM India Karl Slym.
Although price of Spark is increased by 4K.

I had booked FRed but I got Blazing Red as GM has stopped producing FRed for Spark.

This color is better than the earlier one though.
Its nice to see that people at top still listen to a customers plight and respond positively.
Old 26th November 2008, 17:40   #36
BHPian

Guys, I have booked the spark LT (with option) colour Blazing Red on 10th November. I was given a delivery period of 15 days, now on enquiring with the dealer, he says it will take another 15 to 20 days because of unavailability of imported components. I think it's a ploy used by dealers to get the booking amount and then make the customer wait.

Does someone know gmail ids so that I can confirm this development?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks