Team-BHP - Now delivery blues for Chevy Spark!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Now delivery blues for Chevy Spark!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/30683-now-delivery-blues-chevy-spark.html)

Hi all,

Just when I thought I would be driving my new Spark (Chamko) in a day or two, the dealer in Pune gave me a nasty surprise. Apparently, the 50k discount has worked such wonders that GM has had over 15000 bookings. GM's monthly production for Spark is 3k and they had a stock of additional 3k in anticipation of surge in the demand.

THe dealer is non commital on Spark's delivery before 15th December :Shockked: .

So now after booking a Swift VDI on 2nd Spetember and cancelling it after 45 days, I am left with no choice, but an agonising wait for another month and a half :mad:

Anyonefacing similar problems for Spark delivery?

Hi, I have also booked Spark PS and am waiting .dealer here also is finding it difficult to tell me a clear date. But it is good to know that people have found value in Chamko and soon we will be seeing a lot more sparks on the road.

Aha, I knew that this would happen. 15000 is a tad less though. If GM had done it between October 30th and November 10th, there would have been 20000 - 25000 bookings :-)

The good news is that you can hope to get a 2008 model for 50K less, which is a really good deal. Don't lose hope. Patience is a virtue. Keep smiling. Everything will turn out all right in the end, you'll see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaAT (Post 610990)
Hi all,

So now after booking a Swift VDI on 2nd Spetember and cancelling it after 45 days, I am left with no choice, but an agonising wait for another month and a half :mad:

Why did you cancel booking of swift VDI ? Is it because of waiting period or change of budget ? If it is waiting period then I think you not gained anything as at least 1 month waiting period is there on new booking of Spark.

this morning talked to my friend, in bangalore. he is getting the delivery of his metalic gray spark by next week.
Will ask him to check with the dealer once agian, and will let you know

got this info from a source in gm. they had 3000 units in the company stock yard on 1st oct. they also had 2200 sparks at the dealer-end. on top they had a prod schedule of 3000 more units. given that spark was struggling to sell 3000 units (its installed capacity) the co officials had to come up with a scheme like this.

co expects to deliver all cars booked under the scheme by end nov.

Thank you all for your replies.

@naughtyfaction

We were in desperate need of a car. The maruti dealer had initially committed delivery by 10th Oct, then postponed it to Dussera and finally was even reluctant to give a commitment on Diwali delivery! In the meantime GM came up with its 50k discount offer. But I agree in the end I would end up buying Spark much later than intended.

@ All,

Please keep posting the updates on Spark delivery.

Thanks once again.

Hi Vinayak, a colleague of mine got delivery in 7 days after booking from Pashankar Auto. He took delivery about 5 days back. Does it coincide with your car delivery dates?

It almost coincides, Kiran.

I booked the car on 20th. Your friend must have booked couple of days before me.

I am pulling all strings at Pashankar Auto and will try to get delivery before Diwali. Will keep you posted

Thanks

Looks like GM has decided on the "Swift" strategy with the new pricing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous (Post 612812)
Looks like GM has decided on the "Swift" strategy with the new pricing.

Or the 'Waiting period' hype is working. But customers have shown the correct price of the car to GM by rejecting it at +50k.

Why not rebook the Swift VDi with a different dealer & wait? Then buy whichever car is delivered to you first.

The spark at 50k discount does sound tempting doesn't it? Seen an increase in number of sparks on road out here too over the last couple of weeks.

GM India October sales grow 95 per cent- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Looks like the number of Spark bookings during the offer period was 12000 and not 15000 as someone else reported. GM will most certainly have to make the price cut permanent soon . . .

Discounts fail to rev up auto sales- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Anyway, that means that I won't have to wait too long for the car. Just hope that I can bring it home in good condition without any dents or other problems.

I booked the Spark PS on 21/10/2007. To day my dealer at Mumbai said I should not expect delivery before January,07 first week. He said he has to get 173 spark vehicles and GM is only promising 25-30 cars as the monthly quota, so no hope before January. He even agreed that I may take back my booking amount without any deduction. He said he can deliver me 2008 model of spark .So it seems there is genuine supply problem of spark and they are finding it difficult to meet the extraordinary booking done for spark. Surprisingly I am finding booking Spark at Pre discount prices after the discount period and after launch of i10 in Mumbai.