Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2007, 11:24   #1
sun
BHPian

Details of Scorpio M2DI ?

Hello everybody, I am interested in the scorpio m2di. Any body know any details of its features ? Its nowhere on the official scorpio website. I don't know much about it other than that its having the bolero DI engine. I would like to be familiar with its details before contacting the showroom. please give your inputs. thank you.
Old 1st November 2007, 13:04   #2
BHPian

It looks the same as the LX minus the hoof on the bonnet and the rear lights are the same as old scorpio. The engine is from the bolero its about 70 odd bhp and hence doesnt have the zip and speed of the 115 bhp of the CRDE.
Old 1st November 2007, 15:29   #3
sun
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
It looks the same as the LX minus the hoof on the bonnet and the rear lights are the same as old scorpio. The engine is from the bolero its about 70 odd bhp and hence doesnt have the zip and speed of the 115 bhp of the CRDE.

You mean it will have the side claddings and the ski rack ? Is this confirmed? A previous thread shows a pic of one without the side cladding. Has any one seen it or test driven one ? What will the interiors be like ? Notice the tyre in the pic on the other thread ? Is it the same as in the crde scorpio ?

Please give your inputs.
Old 1st November 2007, 20:45   #4
Senior - BHPian

Not so sure about the ski rack but I can confirm for sure it does not come with side claddings and wheels caps,even mud flaps are not given.The m2di comes only in the 9 seater option and interiors are exactly like the LX version.

Somebody was mentioning,Since it comes in only the 9 seater option there are registration issues for private owners in some cities [don't know how much this is true,please confirm with the mahindra dealer]

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 1st November 2007 at 20:48.
Old 1st November 2007, 21:39   #5
sun
BHPian

I didn't know that it came only in 9 seater version. Any idea like how much is the tax for it in Kerala ? 9 seater means will the middle row seats be pushed forwards ? so less leg room for middle row ?
Old 1st November 2007, 22:02   #6
BHPian

what is the price differnce between the M2DI and LX ???
Old 2nd November 2007, 07:06   #7
sun
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb View Post
what is the price differnce between the M2DI and LX ???
Here in kerala it retails about 660000 without road tax and insurance.

Any idea how much will be the road tax of a 9 seater be like ?
Old 2nd November 2007, 08:04   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
Its powered by the Di turbo 106bhp engine from the previous scorpio and is decently powerful and refined.
Old 2nd November 2007, 12:10   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Its powered by the Di turbo 106bhp engine from the previous scorpio and is decently powerful and refined.
Anshuman, I have driven that vehicle and owned a old scorpio (ie without the crde) and I know for sure that it does not come with that particular engine, it comes with a Bolero DI engine which according to me is close to 76 bhp and hence the engine is grossly underpowered for the scorpio. IT does not come with the side cladding and the ski rack. It is close to 70 K cheaper then the LX model so you can calculate the price according to your state, in my case the LX is around 7 lakhs (ex showroom) so the M2di is around 6.3 Lakhs ex showroom.
Old 2nd November 2007, 16:33   #10
BHPian

I have travelled in Scorpio M2DI for about 250kms. It was not 9 seater.
Front row two, midle thee and last jump seats. So it is 7 seater. The pickup seems to be good and the engine is not making much noice like bolero engine. It does not have power windows.
Old 2nd November 2007, 17:50   #11
BHPian

Hi Sun.
The scorpio m2di is roughly 70000 cheaper than the base model.
The nvh is much better than the bolero engine.
Torque is 200 nm and bhp is 70 from the Di engine.
No side claddings, no scoop on the bonnet but it has everthing else as in the Lx model.
It can cruise at 80 to 100 . top speed would be 120-130 (salesman talk).
Average is 15.
It is a cheaper scoripo meant for the taxi market but I have seen private people buying it and nobody can tell. The image is the same.
it has got ps and pw.I think they are giving free insurance it(saw some ad).
Old 16th February 2008, 14:48   #12
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra Scorpio M2Di

Can anyone help with the setails / experience on Scorpio M2Di. I thought the same was no longer in production, but I spotted a new M2Di parked outside at Star Motors in Belapur, Navi Mumbai last night, unfortunately the dealership was cloised that time so couldnot get much details.

I am still struggling to make a decision between the LX,SLX,& VLX models...but would like to check out the M2Di also as I believe it is over a lakh cheaper than Lx....

Any pointers from anyone as I was unable to find much help in the existing threads.
Old 16th February 2008, 17:30   #13
BANNED

..Its the bolero DI engnine with the scorpio body..and its smaller than the CRDe version...the wheels r also smaller
Old 18th February 2008, 17:29   #14
Senior - BHPian

So what are the suggestions..whether to go for the M2Di or stick with the trusted CRDE 2.6....2.2 is going out of my budget....
Old 24th March 2008, 10:32   #15
sat
BHPian

I just spoke to the mahindra scorpio dealer in bhilwara, rajasthan. He quoted 6,65,000 for the scorpio M2di with a free insurance of 15,000.

sat

Most Viewed