Team-BHP - This is the New Corolla
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   This is the New Corolla (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/30780-new-corolla.html)

I came across this all new corolla for year 2009 that has started selling in the US already! Yikes. Toyota is going back to older designs day by day.

worldcarfans.com

The site says "All new 2009 Toyota Corolla make North America debut"... Were we not expecting the new corolla launch next year?

the front grill has a "Verna" face to it?lol:

were we not to get the 'Japanese' version of the corolla ??
toyota.jp ƒJƒ[ƒ‰ ƒAƒNƒVƒI

the styling cues are taken from the current camry. read this a few months back in one of the auto mags.

I remember reading in the overdrive some months ago that the new Corolla would be basically a resized Camry. Both the above ones look ugly IMHO especially if you consider that the car they are going to be globally competing against is the Civic.

Has Toyota started taking design cues from Hyundai ??????????:Shockked:

I belive this has been discussed before quite a few times

Although Toyota has unveiled the new generation Corolla in the US, it will reach Toyota's US dealerships only in February 2008. The Standard, LE and XLE models will be equipped with 1.8 L DOHC four-cylinder engine with Dual VVT-i producing 132 hp at 6,000 rpm and 128 lb-ft of torque at 4,400 rpm. I think this is the model that may make it to India in late-2008.

Apart from this, Corolla will also have a sporty (S) model with a 2.4 litre engine producing 158 hp at 6,000 rpm and 162 lb-ft of torque at 4,000 rpm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefreak (Post 613561)
I remember reading in the overdrive some months ago that the new Corolla would be basically a resized Camry. Both the above ones look ugly IMHO especially if you consider that the car they are going to be globally competing against is the Civic.

Although Corolla may not look as good as the Civic, but then Toyota's USP was never making good-looking cars. Inspite of its `plain Jane looks', the present `outdated, obsolete' old Corolla still outsells the new Civic in the US (no Corolla vs Civic wars here):) In fact, it is the largest selling `small' car in the US (a segment that also includes the Civic)

Sat in latest verion is Australia and i am not very impressed. It has all black interiors and feels smaller too...

the US new version toyota could be called "new and fresh" if it was 1997. and the japanese version (toyota axio) isnt that great either. it just looks like an improvization of the US version.

why isn't toyota taking an effort?? can't believe they call honda designs boring in UK.

Yea so much like the Yaris, but again a clean design, though u cannot mark the Corolla as 'reliable' anymore, as Toyota has dropped from No.1 to No.5 w.r.t quality and reliability.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flipsyde (Post 613711)
the US new version toyota could be called "new and fresh" if it was 1997.

Any idea of the sales figures?

Has it been well accepted?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karandeep81 (Post 613551)
were we not to get the 'Japanese' version of the corolla ??
toyota.jp ƒJƒ��[ƒ‰ ƒAƒNƒVƒI

That is one ugly car to my eyes! The Corolla being sold here at present looks better.