Team-BHP - GM India launches limited edition of Aveo
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   GM India launches limited edition of Aveo (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/30795-gm-india-launches-limited-edition-aveo.html)

Source : GM India launches limited edition of Aveo - Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

NEW DELHI: GM India, a unit of world's largest carmaker General Motor Corp, on Wednesday launched a new limited edition variant of its sedan Chevrolet Aveo priced at Rs 6,49,881 (Ex Showroom New Delhi).

The limited edition Aveo comes at a premium of Rs 54,000 over the existing base price of Rs 5.95 lakh. The new variant would be powered by a 1.4 litre petrol engine and has been introduced to commemorate GM Corp's centenary celebrations, GM India said in a statement.

Limited edition Aveo would sport a refreshed instrument panel, leather upholstery, alloy wheels, audio system, remote keyless entry system, back seat armrests with cup holders, improved gear-shift and noise, vibration and harshness protection, the statement said.

"The Aveo Limited Edition comes as part of GM's celebration of 100 years of excellence in car making. We've put 11,200 smiles on the faces of our Spark buyers and now comes the opportunity to provide our Aveo customers the very best that Chevrolet has to offer," GM India President and Managing Director Karl Slym said.

no safety features :(

The only editions I would want from Chevrolet are the SS editions!

Now What more they are improving in Gearshift?

I think they already did it right?

They also refreshed the interiors right?

GM launches Aveo limited edition variant and is priced at Rs 6,49,881 (ex showroom New Delhi).
The limited edition Aveo comes at a premium of Rs 54,000 over the existing base price of Rs 5.95 lakh. The new variant would be powered by a 1.4 litre petrol engine. Limited edition Aveo would sport a refreshed instrument panel, leather upholstery, alloy wheels, audio system, remote keyless entry system, back seat armrests with cup holders, improved gear-shift and noise, vibration and harshness protection

Note from moderator: Threads Merged

In the papers ad says LE Aveo 1.4 with:
-Remote keyless entry
-Leather seats
-2 DN cdplayer
-Alloy wheels
-3 years warranty
-only 200 cars to be manufactured.

Means the Aveo sales have plummeted.

I feel this is just another desparate try from GM to get good sales figure out of Aveo. I think they might have done the calculation right and come up with the figure 200, which they can sell.

A centenary badge or sticker will be provided and what else they are going to provide. I think they are just shuffling the features from variants.

Quote:

Originally Posted by windsurfer (Post 613835)
Limited edition Aveo would sport a refreshed instrument panel, leather upholstery, alloy wheels, audio system, remote keyless entry system, back seat armrests with cup holders, improved gear-shift and noise, vibration and harshness protection, the statement said.

Refreshed instrument panel and improved gear shift yet again?!
I thought they had already done those the last time round.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca (Post 614449)
-only 200 cars to be manufactured.

So that should satisfy Aveo's market requirement for two years?

Jokes apart, GM like all other players seem to be cashing on Diwali season.
By only 200 they might want to bring exclusivity to potential buyers.

But if you ask me, its too little too late.

I think if this Limited models clicks then it will become a regular model.. just like they made the special edition called NY edition's grille as a regular one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adya33 (Post 614849)
So that should satisfy Aveo's market requirement for two years?

Jokes apart, GM like all other players seem to be cashing on Diwali season.
By only 200 they might want to bring exclusivity to potential buyers.

But if you ask me, its too little too late.

better late than never!

200 is their sale target number for Nov maybe:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 614917)
better late than never!

200 is their sale target number for Nov maybe:D

Should be more than that considering they sold 429 Aveos in Sep, and a low of 376 in July.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebird (Post 613913)
Now What more they are improving in Gearshift?

I think they already did it right?

They also refreshed the interiors right?

This is the third time they say its been improved.

I bought this over the weekend in Bangalore and probably the first (and may be last :)). Luxury is what you get in this and the rest is all we know!

I can post the photos, but don't know how. Please help

regards,
Raj