Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2007, 13:47   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
I dont think that this is an improbable price if they manufacture it here, which they can and should. IF Innova which is sold in the same USD 20 K price range outside can be sold at sub 10 lakh price here, they can do the same with Santa Fe. The engine can be the same as Elantra engine (Tuscon had the same engine) and Elantra was bieng sold at sub 10 Lakhs.
Look at the news article above. It says Santa Fe will be a CBU from Korea. Considering the duty rates here, it should be marked up atleast by 80% of its cost there. So by any means it cant be cheaper than 14 lacs, if they maintain the same specs. Elantra costs about $14k in US and if we apply same logic, it should have been priced about 6 lacs here.
Old 2nd November 2007, 14:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

For sure it cant be 8.5L. Assuming its 18.5L, how many takes would it have? Especially if they have so much trouble with selling Tucson..
Old 2nd November 2007, 14:35   #18
BHPian

With the pricing strategy of i10, i beleve Hyundai has landed on the ground already. They need another winner and they now know they can not live any longer being an one shot wonder. As the $ is hurting them badly in exports (locally they just have santro as money spinner), they may need to go all out and do something really. But as for as Santa Fe, even here in brunei where there are almost no taxes and the car prices controlled by govt. it comes around 12lakhs.
Old 2nd November 2007, 15:31   #19
Senior - BHPian

this is not possible at all. 8.5 lacs for the santa fe is a joke. i think it should have read 18.5 lacs. the company due to its big hit in the SUV segment needs to come up with something good and in the league of the others. the car looks like another downfall for the company. hyundai cars yes but SUV's i dont think so. anyways lets see when it arrives. even at 8.5 i would not buy it.
Old 2nd November 2007, 15:37   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Thats a classic typo, if ever there was one. And another classic Hyundai India product failure in the offing.
Old 3rd November 2007, 06:27   #21
BHPian

admins, can you pls close this thread if its needed as it seems to be a typo...
Old 3rd November 2007, 09:39   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRIturbo View Post
sounds like rubbish for sure, no way a nice SUV can sell for that low, doesnt even cost that low in Canada lol
I think what you had meant is 'doesnt cost that low even in Canada "

By the way as per the August Issue of Auto Car , they had given the future plans of Hyundai.
1.Hyundai verna = October 06 Launch
2.Diesel Sonata = End 06
3.Getz Diesel=End 07
4.New Santro=End07
5.New Hyundai Elantra = End 07 ????????? Am surprised that till now no one has spotted this being tested anywhere in India :( .

Last edited by maxbhp : 3rd November 2007 at 09:45.
Old 3rd November 2007, 12:43   #23
BHPian

If no errata is published, then it speaks volumes of journalistic talent and standards of newspapers and TV channels of today! I wonder if Hyundai management reacted or they are busy trying to figure our their strategy of doubling their sales of SUVs from single digit to two digit numbers ;-)
Old 2nd December 2007, 17:50   #24
BHPian

Spotted SantaFE V6 in Chanakya Puri, Embassy Area, New Delhi. but it was the old one (which looks similar to tucson). It was running along with a tucson. i thought both of them are tucson but when i came closer to both of them, one was looking a bit different from each other. Damn it was an Old Santa FE powered by V6. Sorry no pics as i was in a hurry on that time.
Old 27th December 2007, 09:42   #25
BHPian

" We will also launch Santa Fe, a fully imported SUV from South Korea, in India in April or May next year. Santa Fe will be priced at around Rs 22 lakh," BS Jeong, senior general manager of HMIL said."

Haha Awesome Job Hyundai Rs 22 lakh, Say Bye Bye to your SUV like Tucson. Hyundai Fools

Source: Hyundai to launch i-20 in 2008

Ruining their price as usual #$%#%#$Dfgdfg$##% Hyundai

Haha Rs 8.75 Lakh to Rs 22 Lakh. Mods please change the title if this is true.
Hyunda Motor to lauch Santa Fe, A Rs 22 Lakh SUV.
In addition to the title: "A flop one" or "Total Knock Out" or "Nobody buys" or "to be phase out soon after launch"

Last edited by Hyundai.Lover : 27th December 2007 at 09:47.
Old 27th December 2007, 09:55   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyundai.Lover View Post
" We will also launch Santa Fe, a fully imported SUV from South Korea, in India in April or May next year. Santa Fe will be priced at around Rs 22 lakh," BS Jeong, senior general manager of HMIL said."

Thats more like Hyundai
Old 27th December 2007, 10:04   #27
GTO
Team-BHP Support

A CBU for 8.5 lacs? Absolute hogwash. But it will still be priced competitively as Hyundai India is very keen to have success in the 10 lakh market, after a string of failures (Verna, Sonata, Elantra etc.).
Old 27th December 2007, 10:16   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyundai.Lover View Post
My local Hyundai dealer was right, he said 25L on road price for Santa Fe back in October, and he also thought they won't be able to sell any.
Old 27th December 2007, 10:18   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
A CBU for 8.5 lacs? Absolute hogwash. But it will still be priced competitively as Hyundai India is very keen to have success in the 10 lakh market, after a string of failures (Verna, Sonata, Elantra etc.).
all the 3 verna sonata elantra, thanx to their marketing stretegies. How many ads we had on T.V for all the 3 cars vs ads for sx4, swift.

initially santro was not selling like hot cakes, when they became aggressive in their marketing, santros started selling like anything.

How many people knows the power of Verna VGT? Sonata VGT? or Elantra with some cool features.

Elantra because of its design, not many of people will like this design.

Ads of Verna vs Ads of Swift vs Ads of Ford Fiesta "Go Fida"
In swift they are very much prominent about the features, ABS, Airbags, Rally type suspensions etc.
in Go Fida, 5 min. Test Drive showing the power of it.
In Verna, Elegance, a car is running on the road with lights on. that's it. lol

In their ads of Estilo and Wagon R, they had described the features of the car and a person with no good knowledge about the cars will not understand the power of Verna VGT. We know but other people don't know. This is where Hyundai is going down. Even if they provide Ford GT Engine in their sonata, and will no do something about the marketing, people will not come to know about Ford GT engine in Sonata.

Swift DDis is not selling because of multijet engine Batch (a person with no good knowledge about the cars don't know about it) , it is because it is maruti suzuki's fast and economical car. How many people know about Fiat's multijet engine under its hood? Its their marketing stretegies and name.

Mutijet Engine in a car with Logo "FIAT" vs same engine in a car with logo "Maruti Suzuki".
Maruti Suzuki will sell like hot cake than fiat, just because of marketing. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Infact full marks to maruti suzuki for their marketing stretegies.

Last edited by Hyundai.Lover : 27th December 2007 at 10:26.
Old 27th December 2007, 10:26   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
5.New Hyundai Elantra = End 07 ????????? Am surprised that till now no one has spotted this being tested anywhere in India :( .
But ACI had mentioned in another edition that hyundai has dropped plans of bringing the new elantra.reasons i don't remember but i had certainly read about it.

sante Fe for 8.5 lakhs is impossible!! it must be 18.5 lakhs,I wonder how those journalists arrive at these conclusions???
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks