Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2007, 13:50   #31
BHPian

the top end diesel verna costs 9.5lakh so if they get the new elantra it will surely cost 13 to 14 lakhs and they are not confident that it will sell at that price maybe they will wait for the 08 corolla before launching the new elantra

the tucson costs 19lakhs how can u guys expect the snata fe which is bigger to be priced lower

only hope is that the chevy captiva is priced sensibly(=14 to 15lakh)
Old 27th December 2007, 14:35   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
the top end diesel verna costs 9.5lakh so if they get the new elantra it will surely cost 13 to 14 lakhs and they are not confident that it will sell at that price maybe they will wait for the 08 corolla before launching the new elantra

the tucson costs 19lakhs how can u guys expect the snata fe which is bigger to be priced lower

only hope is that the chevy captiva is priced sensibly(=14 to 15lakh)
You can see i30 sedan instead of new elantra.
Source: Hyundai plans replacements- Hindustan Times

Most of all, Santa FE will be imported directly from Korea. Nobody will buy it here for 22 Lakhs, We have better options than Santa FE with less price.

Taxes etc. increased its price too much. Double the duty if the car is directly imported to india. Someone please give more info on the duty thing.

If this is true about the taxes then they could had manufactured it here and can sell the car for 13-14 lakh which can be the tough competition for Ford endeavour, Grand Vitara , Honda CRV as Santa FE will be coming with V6 Petrol and VGT Diesel.

Hyundai stands nowhere and wont be standing anywhere in this segment, if this type of foolishness cont. by Hyundai.

Last edited by Hyundai.Lover : 27th December 2007 at 14:37.
Old 27th December 2007, 16:22   #33
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
all the 3 verna sonata elantra, thanx to their marketing stretegies. How many ads we had on T.V for all the 3 cars vs ads for sx4, swift.
Ads alone dont sell a product. The Verna and Elantra are pretty incompetent sedans.
Old 27th December 2007, 23:54   #34
BHPian

What does Hyundai think?

Hyundai's thinking has gone off-tangent recently. I cannot remember a car that it has priced correctly off late.

When I went to check out Verna VGT in Bangalore, it was 8.65 - Extremely bad interiors, no alloys, no music system, bad fabric seats, low quality plastics. With an automatic climate control, height adjustable seats and a fake wood finish, the SX version was 9.43 - Still NO ABS, alloys and even a music system for HEAVEN's sake. Now compare it to Cedia to appreciate the value of Cedia. [With ABS and no airbags, it comes close to 9.7]

I also drove a Sonata 2.4 petrol version and though the drive was great, interiors were a let down.

i10 top end @ 5.6? puhlease! Swift ZXI would roast it - With alloys, and electronic climate control and a (much) more powerful engine to boot. [ZXI is loaded to the gills]

Lesser said the better about the Elantra - I really liked the car but it was genuinely overpriced. [The petrol version was no hoot, CRDI was much better]

I'll never pay 6.5 L for Getz CRDi - I need to get money from the dealer as harassment charges for showing the center console with that @#$%@ fake wood insert.

Santa Fe looks great - Hyundai would price it more than CRV - No Thanks. Elantra would be priced more than Civic - No Thanks.

Get the i30 CRDI and launch it at a price of Getz Diesel - That would do the job.

Mind is now peaceful [Venting out occasionally is not a bad thing at all]
Old 28th December 2007, 00:57   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Ads alone dont sell a product. The Verna and Elantra are pretty incompetent sedans.
While I am not going to argue about the competence of Verna, I would like to say that Verna isn't a failure. Unlike Elantra or Sonata, Verna has been selling reasonably well. Sales of Accent + Verna have been more than 2.5K a month for last year and while it ain't a rip roaring success, it ain't bad either.
Old 28th December 2007, 01:05   #36
Senior - BHPian

Verna has not done well. Its highly priced and you just pay for the engine and nothing else. Hyundai seriously need to buck up and think wisely. They just cant price the car at any price point and then test if it catches sales. Later then reduce the prices. I am noticing this tendancy amongst Hyundai and hence even if i plan to buy a Hyundai car i am scared by the poor resale(exceptions being the Santro)
Old 28th December 2007, 01:09   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Verna has not done well. Its highly priced and you just pay for the engine and nothing else.
Verna probably has not done as well as Hyundai expected but looks like its selling reasonably well. I would love to see the breakup of diesel vs Petrol sales for Verna.
Old 28th December 2007, 01:11   #38
Senior - BHPian

Rs 8.5 lakhs for the Santa Fe? err.. nope. no way. Rs 20 lakhs might sound close to the truth.
Old 28th December 2007, 01:32   #39
BHPian

They are probably going to sell crashed SANTA FE's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Rs 8.5 lakhs for the Santa Fe? err.. nope. no way. Rs 20 lakhs might sound close to the truth.
In all probability at this price they are probably going to sell rejected or crashed vehicles of developed nations.
An unpopular purchase - Newindpress.com
Old 28th December 2007, 01:36   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
In all probability at this price they are probably going to sell rejected or crashed vehicles of developed nations.
You never know... Anything's possible,when it comes to India.
Old 28th December 2007, 06:38   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
This is almost off topic I believe. Nothing to do with Hyundai but with a stupid and silly businessman running a Hyundai showroom.
Old 28th December 2007, 10:40   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Verna has not done well. Its highly priced and you just pay for the engine and nothing else. Hyundai seriously need to buck up and think wisely. They just cant price the car at any price point and then test if it catches sales. Later then reduce the prices. I am noticing this tendancy amongst Hyundai and hence even if i plan to buy a Hyundai car i am scared by the poor resale(exceptions being the Santro)
Please Include Accent too with good resale...
2 people are ready to buy my accent gls for 3.5 lakh, 2003 model, 70k km done, gls 1.6 dohc abs.
its not a poor resale, ofcourse not good as honda too but not poor too.
haha in delhi many many people are running accents on CNG.
Correct me if i'm wrong.

Last edited by Hyundai.Lover : 28th December 2007 at 10:44.
Old 28th December 2007, 15:56   #43
BHPian

Hey, Santa Fe is slightly more expensive than the CRV/RAV4/Vitara bracket in the US. So I am sure it is gong to be priced high here too. Starts at 22 and ends at 29k, only a direct conversion will give us that dream figure. I guess the Americans are just lucky, make 10 times more than us and pay half or quarter the prices we pay.

Last edited by raul : 28th December 2007 at 15:58.
Old 28th December 2007, 17:28   #44
BHPian

ACI Input

Santa Fe is coming in Q1 08 with price tag of 24 Lakhs as per ACI. It will host a 2.4 L CRDI engine which produces 148 BHP.
Old 28th December 2007, 18:48   #45
Senior - BHPian

sure case of an editor sleeping in office.lol.Et has been causing headache to almost all auto makers and hyundai especially.they come up with price reduction and all those even before the manufacturer thinks about it.
ram
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks