the car is best suited for a price range of 16.5-18 lac bracket
infact i dont think any suv should touch 20 atall
considering the D segment in india i feel 16.6 to 18 is the perfect price range
Old 28th December 2007, 19:01   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
well 20 lacs is too high considering the SUV itself aand its competition
What about the SUV itself and its competition? Care to elaborate?

This is one VERY well finished product that competes with the Prados and the Pajeros (amongst others, and with better shutlines and panel gaps!) elsewhere. Looks good too and its 3.8 V6 is smoooooth. It hasnt been around long enough to have off-road legends to be built around it, though.

I hope it is launched here with the 2.5 or preferably the 2.9 CRDi. Dunno about others, but if I were shopping for a 20-25 lakh SUV I'd buy it.

Last edited by Steeroid : 28th December 2007 at 19:12.
Old 28th December 2007, 20:01   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
This is one VERY well finished product that competes with the Prados and the Pajeros (amongst others, and with better shutlines and panel gaps!) elsewhere.
Santa Fe competes with Prados and Pajeros . Isn't Santa Fe a crossover SUV ?
Old 28th December 2007, 20:06   #49
BHPian

While the best seller (outside India) Tucson is phased out already here in India, according to some news, what hyundai needs to do is to make sure they price the Santa Fe correctly (around 15l by going CKD route, taking out all those luxury items *not safety equipments*). They sound very complacent as they do not seem to be taking Indian market seriously. They just want to make india as the production base it seems. CRDi in Santa Fe is a gem of an engine and the vehicle itself is solidly built. Let it compete with Suzuki Vitara and Ford Endy not Honda CRV.
Old 28th December 2007, 20:14   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
Santa Fe competes with Prados and Pajeros . Isn't Santa Fe a crossover SUV ?
It features a locking centre diff with a 50:50 split and a 4wd with Hi and Lo. In other markets it seems to come with no low-ratio selector, but locking centre diff still.

It fits between the Tuc and the Veracruz in their lineup.
Old 28th December 2007, 21:30   #51
Senior - BHPian

The Tuscon seems a little crude,and the Veracruz is defnitely one of the more refined SUVs I have driven. The Santa Fe sure packs some punch with the V6,and has a decent standard package. With the new design,its got a good fan-following in the US.
Old 28th December 2007, 23:44   #52
BHPian

Anyways, Engine under the hood of Santa Fe will be a VGT (diesel) and V6 Petrol. guys,
Santa FE Diesel: 2.2L VGT 148bhp
Santa FE Petrol: 2.7L V6 177bhp

Safety: In 2007, Hyundai's midsize SUV Santa Fe earns 2007 TOP SAFETY PICK award by IIHS. Also, received 5 star safety rating by NHTSA.
Source: Hyundai Santa Fe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Santa FE V6 vs Honda CRV:
Source: Honda CR-V vs. Hyundai Santa Fe

Santa FE V6 vs Grand Vitara:
Suzuki Grand Vitara vs. Hyundai Santa Fe

Comments on these please.
Old 28th December 2007, 23:46   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
The Tuscon seems a little crude,and the Veracruz is defnitely one of the more refined SUVs I have driven. The Santa Fe sure packs some punch with the V6,and has a decent standard package. With the new design,its got a good fan-following in the US.
I had read about Santa fe vs Land rover and Santa fe is ahead of Land rover?
Read comments on Youtube.com
Is that true?
Old 29th December 2007, 01:09   #54
Senior - BHPian

I don't think Land Rover (even the LR2) can be compared with the Santa Fe. Land Rover falls in a different price bracket all together.The base price on the HSE is over $36K.
Old 29th December 2007, 08:34   #55
BHPian

Land Rover is unmatchable when comes to off-road capabilities. In India we dont have even one vehicle that can match its technology prowess. Santa Fe is a lifestyle SUV with 4WD. Its not at all reasonable to compare these two...in my opinion. LR should be compared to Land Cruisers like.
Old 29th December 2007, 10:16   #56
BHPian

If you are talking LANDROVER, then the DEFENDER is the beast of all. Hope it comes to India. But sadly the price will be sky high. Its a real off-roader 4x4.
Old 29th December 2007, 10:51   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It features a locking centre diff with a 50:50 split and a 4wd with Hi and Lo. In other markets it seems to come with no low-ratio selector, but locking centre diff still.
Sure, even GV has that. Would you compare GV to Prado and Pajero ? Santa Fe is a good crossover SUV that compares well with GV, CRV, Rav4 and the likes. Slotting it with Prado and Pajero is probably taking it a bit too far.
Old 29th December 2007, 12:13   #58
BHPian

Guys watch this video.
Santa FE vs Land Rover LR3

Its true that Land Rover is a True Off-Roader.

Last edited by Hyundai.Lover : 29th December 2007 at 12:15.
Old 29th December 2007, 12:26   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyundai.Lover View Post
Guys watch this video.
Santa FE vs Land Rover LR3
YouTube - Hyundai Santa Fe vs. Land Rover LR3

Its true that Land Rover is a True Off-Roader.
Did you actually watch that video yourself ? It is an ad from Hyundai.

It is like saying that Suzuki SX4 has better ground clearance than a Porsche and is cheaper, hence it is a better car.
Old 29th December 2007, 12:30   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What about the SUV itself and its competition? Care to elaborate?

This is one VERY well finished product that competes with the Prados and the Pajeros (amongst others, and with better shutlines and panel gaps!) elsewhere. Looks good too and its 3.8 V6 is smoooooth. It hasnt been around long enough to have off-road legends to be built around it, though.

I hope it is launched here with the 2.5 or preferably the 2.9 CRDi. Dunno about others, but if I were shopping for a 20-25 lakh SUV I'd buy it.

yes ,

1> first try to understand the fact that the D segment of india is equivalent to the C segment all over the world

2>india 'Value for money' equation is valid upto 14 lacs anything beyond that is money for value

anything above 14 lacs goes with a brand ,size or if the owner is an enthusiast and can see VFM in it like youreself

most os these cars are chauffer driven and the owners are proud of brands like toyota nissan and honda and mitsubishi

endeavour and terracan(even though in low numbers) sold only becouse of its size and maculine monstrous looks

what happened to the FORESTER????
it was a great car deserverd its price than why didnt it manage?or even vectra for that matter?
these cars had their price reduced from 18 to 13.25 lacs during its last months but still nobody bouht these? so what does this mean?

there are hardly any people who bother to take a look at the spec of the car,its sells for brand

in india hyundai is still not very well set in the D segment
secondly one should be at par with the spending capability of the d segment customers
honad and ford did very well since the moment they entered because they realised at that moment most of the D segment buyers were spending 14 -116 lacs on suvs so they priced them accordingly today the whole level has increased to 16.5-20
so hundai should price it rightbelow 20 lacs otherwise its useless it doesnt have the size of endeavour nor the brand value of honda and nor the brut look of the terracan

and cut the crap of camparing it with LC and montero its foolish
you talk of mature car markets like dubai,US etc with india is totally your ignorance

even in maganize long back there was a comparison of terracan and scorpio, skoda superb and mercedes benz E class and that still doesnt prove anything

even in india if we take the c segment there are people who prefer vernas and fiestas aveos and optras over the honda city because inthat segment people see looks and features

BUT THAT IS NOT THE CASE WITH THE D SEGMENT ITS STILL A SHOW OFF SEGMENT
even oyota has many cars all over the world but that doesnt mean they launch every thing in india because it does well elsewhere hence they havent launched the fortuner of the RAV 4 in india yet even honda took a lot of time before launching the CIVIC
it had launched the city accord and the CRV before the civic
even if you see the first accord was actually a failure

MY point is comparing the cars with the developed markets will get you know wher
even GM has learned that lesson now

corsa and astra were goods cars but the cars best suited for india were the koreans
its its not about seeling good cars it has to be a combination of brand and features and size

it doesnt matter how you would spend the 20-25 lacs
most people in india would buy a camry ,Teana or a an X- trail
nobody is going to put his money on hyundai

but if its 16 to 18 range maybe sante can do well

Last edited by AMATMO : 29th December 2007 at 12:34.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks