Team-BHP - Rumour? Hyundai Motor to launch Santa Fe at Rs 8.5 lakh!?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Rumour? Hyundai Motor to launch Santa Fe at Rs 8.5 lakh!? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/30809-rumour-hyundai-motor-launch-santa-fe-rs-8-5-lakh.html)

Is it another ET rubbish? Here is the link Personally, I think it is next to almost impossible. Should be 18.5lakhs i believe.

"
KOLKATA: Hyundai Motor India may introduce its mid-size crossover sports utility vehicle Santa Fe in India within a year. The car will be imported from Hyundai’s Korean operations as a completely built unit.

At present, HMIL offers a compact SUV, Tucson, to Indian customers for Rs 15.98 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). The base price of the Santa Fe, which has been the biggest contributor to Hyundai’s US success, is likely to be Rs 8.5 lakh.

At present, Santa Fe is available overseas in three models, the Santa Fe GLS ($21,145), the Santa Fe SE ($23,845) and the Santa Fe Ltd ($26,145). Along with its plans to introduce a new SUV in the Indian market, HMIL’s research and development centre in Hyderabad is working on a slew of vehicles which can be introduced in India.

HMIL has invested $40 million in the R&D centre which now has a workforce of 400 people. The company plans to employ another 600 people in the centre within a year. "

Source : ETimes.

sounds like rubbish for sure, no way a nice SUV can sell for that low, doesnt even cost that low in Canada lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgmuser (Post 614216)
Is it another ET rubbish? Here is the link Personally, I think it is next to almost impossible. Should be 18.5lakhs i believe.

Last week they double counted Ambani's wealth, and now this. Santa Fe being a CBU, and being an upgrade from Tucson, cannot be cheaper than the Tucson.

Well, a few optimistic happy moments there didnt really harm... :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgmuser (Post 614216)
At present, HMIL offers a compact SUV, Tucson, to Indian customers for Rs 15.98 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). The base price of the Santa Fe, which has been the biggest contributor to Hyundai’s US success, is likely to be Rs 8.5 lakh.

lol:
(18.5 sounds rather likely- printing mistake, may be?)

Huh? If SantaFE will come with this price tag (not at all possible), then bye bye Safari and Scorpio.
It wont be coming with 18.5 Lakh tag as the price tag will be around 15-16 lakh, 2-3 lakh cheaper from Honda CRV.

I believe, Tucson can be relaunched barebone with 2.2crdi around 12 OTR with some aggressive localisation. Its a stunner and sold 1000 cars here in Brunei and selling well still in a country where the population is just 300k! Here it just costs B$25k(around 11lakhs) Who will go for the Indian ver at this price when you got suzuki GV etc. Hyundai should concenctrate on what it is best doing at. Be a VFM player.

Oh Guys - Come on !!

We all know Hyundai :D - The price is going to be more like 28.5 Lacs !! They love Overpricing their vehicles - Don't they ?

After all its the Korean Guy, Not Subbu.

Haha. Saw this report in ET today morning. IMO they have just converted the US price to arrive at the 8.5 figure.

The report in the newspaper also mentions that the Santa Fe is based on the Sonata platform. Doesn't even that give a clue to these reporters?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgmuser (Post 614318)
I believe, Tucson can be relaunched barebone with 2.2crdi around 12 OTR with some aggressive localisation.

It is pretty barebone in its present avatar, anything less than that would be pretty skeletal lol: .

On a more serious note, I think if the Santa Fe is launched around 18.5 OTR, it would be good VFM - certainly better than the Endy & the CRV and IIRC, its a 7 seater

Well, clicking on the link takes you to the "The page you have requested might no longer exist, has had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable." page. So I guess they might've corrected themselves.

The link is very much active. If we can get a USD22K car in India for 8.5 lacs, I would have bought a Camry instead of Verna. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgmuser (Post 614318)
... Its a stunner and sold 1000 cars here in Brunei and selling well still in a country where the population is just 300k! ....

Wow, I think 500 of them would have been bought by HH Sultan himself for his "cleaning crew" :) Joke aside, this is a highly improbable price in India given the history of pricing CBU vehicles by various manufacturers. Even CKDs are highly priced compared to abroad.

I dont think that this is an improbable price if they manufacture it here, which they can and should. IF Innova which is sold in the same USD 20 K price range outside can be sold at sub 10 lakh price here, they can do the same with Santa Fe. The engine can be the same as Elantra engine (Tuscon had the same engine) and Elantra was bieng sold at sub 10 Lakhs.

its a Terracan replacement and hence should be 18lac up.