Team-BHP - Pics: Car and Bike Expo
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Pics: Car and Bike Expo (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/30875-pics-car-bike-expo.html)

Hello people!

There is a Car and Bike expo going on in Mysore and I went there in the morning.

The expo had essentially two sections:

1. The students of NIE (National Institute of Engineering) who hosted the event (in the same campus), had a lot of spare parts and their descriptions. They were patiently explaining everything to the visitors and it was fun. :)

2. The dealers and companies had their stalls. Like Honda people had their cars (seen below in some pictures) with others like GM, Yamaha, etc.

I'll share some pictures here:

Some classics:

DeSoto Diplomat:

The Fiat:

1959 Moris Minor:

... CONTINUED ......

Some modded cars shown:

Students explaining stuff:

.... CONTINUED .....

..... CONTINUED .......

Hi!

There were a couple of demo cars in an expo that I went to today.

Thought I'll post the pictures here.

Car # 1. Boston + Tsunami. The same dealer sells Alpine, so he had some Alpine HUs. Strangely, there was a Pio HU in this car. :D

Car #2. Ultimate. rl: Strangely, there was an Alpine HU here.

Boston Install (Not by company, but by a dealer):

Demo car of Ultimate (Not by company, but by a dealer):

Some stuff that was put here and there for the expo:

I had the opportunity of sitting in the 'Ultimate' demo car, don't ask me how bad it was. He had a sad Pio EQ with all sorts of weird settings. Needless to say, I ran out of the car as soon as 30 seconds were over. :D

Classics continued:

MM540 (Should be out of the classics, but I'll put the Jeeps together)

Willys Military Jeep:

This classic belongs to the Government:

No wonder I see:

and

...... CONTINUED ......

Will upload pictures of bikes later on .....

Boy, a Montana! Thats a real rarity these days, and thats one of the last you'll see. Ghastly, isn't it? Yet I want one!

This classic belongs to the Government:

I think Gogi needs to pay a visit to Mysore.:D

On second thoughts, so do I. That Jeep has my Standard 10 parking lights!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocksterraghu (Post 615830)

1959 Moris Minor:

nice pictures raghu, thanks a lot!!

I dont think that can be a 59 Minor, because there wasnt any series MM in 59. Also the plate says its a Minor 1000 so Im a little confused.

Nice pics bro. Why can't a bunch of Indian guys come together and make something like the Ariel Atom or make awesome cars like those small companies from Britain? It seems the talents is there in the country.

Yo Raghu,

Great pics. I just talked to my Nephew who was at the show in Mys. He
rebuilt a Jeep that he did not display at the show. Also, thanks for catching him in one of the pics.

I went to school in Mys, good to see these shows being held in Engg Schools. Builds good practical knowledge in Engg Students ...

Chaps

Thanks Carlos and Khanak! :)

Khanak, I don't know much about MMs, so I just posted whatever I inferred from the sheet (pictured above). Please excuse me if I was wrong there. :)

Mods, I had put the ICE stuff in the ICE section. I see that the threads have been merged. Even though I don't request you to revert, I hope the ICE stuff, most of which is funny :D, will get the attention.

Here are the other pictures (two-wheelers):