Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2008, 09:38   #31
BHPian

2009 Sonata with a major facelift has already been launched in US. Interiors looks much better. One of my friends in US was not impressed with performance of the V6.. He is planning to take a Camry now..

For more pics and 360:
Hyundai | 2009 Sonata
Old 12th May 2008, 10:54   #32
BHPian

well , there is going to be a segment gap with the new accord at 20 lakhs , this facelifted sonata should fill that gap & finally do well
Old 12th May 2008, 11:15   #33
BHPian

What will be the price of new Sonata?.Exsisting Sonata Embera price is reduced.Trivandrum price OTR is 1482000/-.Is that because new sonata is coming?
Old 17th May 2008, 18:06   #34
Senior - BHPian

There have been ads on the TV about the Sonata Embera being offered at 0.01% disc at a EMI of 32k for 3 years. Though they havent mentioned about the initial downpayment. Anyone has idea about the same ? Or are these offers due to the arrival of the new Sonata ?
Old 17th May 2008, 21:32   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
There have been ads on the TV about the Sonata Embera being offered at 0.01% disc at a EMI of 32k for 3 years. Though they havent mentioned about the initial downpayment. Anyone has idea about the same ? Or are these offers due to the arrival of the new Sonata ?
I spoke to the sales guy and basically they are offering around 1.5L cash discount, that you can take it anyway you want. They do some adjustment of this discount and claim the 32K per month for 3 years. You could either take half of that in cash and get a 6% loan or avail of the cash discount and pay regular EMI.. Usually this is before a launch of a upgraded sonata, but it may not have arrived in time, so to distract folks from the Accord announcement, they must have done this..
Old 19th May 2008, 21:47   #36
Senior - BHPian

I was travelling almost all the time in Sonata embara Taxies at Singapore, the rear seat was amazingly comfortable, I also felt the acceleration in my back each time when the old taxi drivers ( many of them are aged 60+) picking up the speed. The acceleration was realy superb, almost like a flight take off speed feel, I hope its the Turbo petrol engine, the power is absolulty admirable, the engine was noiseless.

I donno why this vechicle didn't reach good numbers in Indian Roads. I never traveled in an Accord, may be it is superior than Sonata?

I also noticed the interior was not upto the mark - all grey/black tone.
Old 27th July 2008, 21:10   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
I was travelling almost all the time in Sonata embara Taxies at Singapore, the rear seat was amazingly comfortable, I also felt the acceleration in my back each time when the old taxi drivers ( many of them are aged 60+) picking up the speed. The acceleration was realy superb, almost like a flight take off speed feel, I hope its the Turbo petrol engine, the power is absolulty admirable, the engine was noiseless.

I donno why this vechicle didn't reach good numbers in Indian Roads. I never traveled in an Accord, may be it is superior than Sonata?

I also noticed the interior was not upto the mark - all grey/black tone.
Singapore will be replacing all their old cabs with Sonata's or by Kia Optimas by 2009. The kia optima is same as the Sonata.

They are all powered by 2L CRDI diesel engines with 4speed H-matic transmissions.

The interiors are black and grey as they are all base models.

ps: sorry for posting in an old thread.

Most Viewed