Team-BHP - Reliance 98 Octane Petrol
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Reliance 98 Octane Petrol (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/30979-reliance-98-octane-petrol.html)

Anybody on the forums know if the Reliance pump at Kopar Khairane still sells 98 Octane petrol (without additives). I haven't been there in ages, and frankly I don't want to drive all the way there just to be told there's no stock!

Thanks.

Nobody? Surely someone here knows about the petrol at that pump?!

I don' think so. They stopped selling 98 Octane ages ago.

Is it still working? I heard there was some fight about the pump between the Ambani brothers and it was asked to shut down by Anil's DAKC.

Just off topic from 98 Octane Petrol, Fuel from Reliance pumps have become extremely expensive. Rs.5 extra for a litre of diesel, not sure on Petrol. Wonder how much business they do with such a difference in price. I used to fill at Reliance in Kerala (Bangalore I use Shell) when they were Rs.1-2 premium but Rs.5 is way higher than the IOC/BP/HP .

Koperkhairne petrol pump has been closed down.

Thanks for that Anurag, saved me a sure wasted trip! Any idea where another Reliance pump that sells 98 Octane petrol would be?

@abhilashvk I'm not sure about today, but the last time I gassed up at a Reliance pump, their 98 Octane (with no crappy additives) was cheaper than Speed 97 by 3-4 rupees, so it was totally worth it. The story may be very different today.

What I am more interested in is, what vehicle are you using? Since you are looking out for 98 octane, must be something worth the liquid gold.

I think he's just picked up a 325i.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 624320)
I think he's just picked up a 325i.

Man, how much gossip do you have access to? That too inter-city!:confused:

Atleast let the poor guy answer. :D

never heard of 98octane petrol being avaliable, but i make sure i fill in 97 octane petrol from B.P. at hydeguda pump here in hyderabad, i fill it my cousin's swift and in my unicorn occasionally if i feel like ripping the bike!the fuel costs 60Rs. a liter!

i am giving this information and discussing this here, as i did not want to start another thread just for sake of these very few places where the higher oct fuels are offered,and there might not be any. mod if you think this is totally OT then please do the needful!

the other B.P. pump is near the sangeet cinema hall in secendrabad that offers the 97-octane fuel(pertol) these are the only two pumps in the city that have come across with these higher octane petrols.

any other pumps(/any other brand fuel is welcome too) in hyderabad that offer the higher octane fuels? if some one has any info on these pumps in hyderabad please share it, at least i will try these pumps.

OT: only one question by the way what is the precise octane level of shell normal unleaded petrol and the shell super unleaded petrol, do these fuels have additives that even made my friend's pulsar sound smooth?.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ported_head (Post 624332)
Man, how much gossip do you have access to? That too inter-city!:confused:

Atleast let the poor guy answer. :D

It's called information man!! :D :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by rider60 (Post 624337)
OT: only one question by the way what is the precise octane level of shell normal unleaded petrol and the shell super unleaded petrol, do these fuels have additives that even made my friend's pulsar sound smooth?.

Shell Premium is of 93 Octane. The ride quality is good.:I Rule:

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueDreamer (Post 624426)
Shell Premium is of 93 Octane. The ride quality is good.:I Rule:

Good Ride Quality from 93 Octane???? Damn! That must be one hell of an innovation!! Care to share some more details with us Mr. Dreamer? Or were you dreaming when you typed this :p

Yeah my new 325i will be with me Friday. I've done my best to get a straight answer out of BMW India about whether the Indian spec car has the 11:1 compression ratio that they mention in their spec sheet, but have not got a simple "yes" answer without a lot of talk about all the fancy BMW marketing speak terms like VANOS etc.

The best answer I got was the ECU remaps the mix depending on what fuel it detects. If this is the case, then I would imagine 97 Octane is needed for an 11:1 compression ratio engine to run at it's best, so the interest. As a matter of fact I've been running my Mondy on Speed 97 since I bought it, but I was wondering if the 98 Octane petrol without additives was still being sold anywhere near me!

Lol @ ported head!