Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2007, 17:44   #1

All New Scorpio 2.2 L Caught in Bangalore, Spy Photos

All new Scorpio 2.2 (Eagle) Caught in Bangalore.

Name: Scorpio
Model: 2.2 CRDe (EAGLE)
Car Body Type: UV
Segment: C+ Segment
Displacement: 2200cc
Engine Type: Diesel
Maximum Power: 140bhp

Expected Launch :- January 2008
Ex showroom : 10.3 Lakhs

ImageShack - Hosting :: image052pj4.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: image054el5.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: image055ft3.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: image056eh1.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: image057tt1.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: image060gs9.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: image063ng9.jpg

Last edited by Samurai : 7th November 2007 at 18:33.
Old 7th November 2007, 18:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

Thanks MF for posting the pics. Its not all new, it looks the same and whats with the hike in prices :@

Hope its more stable, looking at it, i would still prefer a Safari anyday.
Old 7th November 2007, 18:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Thanks MF for posting the pics. Its not all new, it looks the same and whats with the hike in prices :@

Did you miss the steering pics ? It seem to have cruise control and it steering appears to have airbag also in it.
Old 7th November 2007, 18:11   #4
Senior - BHPian

Does it say 'powered by (something) HAWK' on the front fender?

ImageShack - Hosting :: image063ng9.jpg
Old 7th November 2007, 18:12   #5
Senior - BHPian

Spittingfire, good snaps, thanks! A quick question - how did you manage to convince them to allow you such detailed & close up shots? Didn't they have any objections to this?
Old 7th November 2007, 18:16   #6
BHPian

Quote:

Who says it was going to look any different ?

I think you missed: -

1. The controls on the steering.
2. Warning lamp cluster included in the rpm meter.
3. Pic of the engine with Hawk badging and top mount intercooler (the very reason the scoop on the bonnet was introduced, although disfunctional in the currently available models).

Excellent work spitting fire.
Old 7th November 2007, 18:16   #7
Senior - BHPian

Question

Is the non-eagle regular Scorpio for 2008 going to get the 2.6 old engine or are all Scorpios going to get the new 2.2? I was thinking of buying a regular 2008 but I will not if they are only offering the new 2.2. I would have to wait a year or two to see if there are any bugs in engine.
Old 7th November 2007, 18:23   #8
adc
Senior - BHPian

Great snaps of the still now elusive 2.2 Hawk.

Leaving aside the handling, [though quite driver dependent that is], the supposed 10.3 L Hawk should/will give the Safari EX and VX versions some sweat - on first impressions.

The things missing in the Safari till now most probably will be added in the EX and VX versions for competition sake.

Last edited by adc : 7th November 2007 at 18:24.
Old 7th November 2007, 18:35   #9
Senior - BHPian

I hope mahindra has better quality, its the only way to coerce TATA in giving better quality to the customers.

Can someone email me the pics? All the image hosting sites are banned in my office and hence I cant see the pics. I hate websense.
Email id: lavkesh.arora@gmail.com (this will automatically forward the email of my official id)
Old 7th November 2007, 18:40   #10

Great Pics Spittingfire. I've been waiting to book the first one that rolls out. I heard its launching just after diwali - tentative 20th of this month. Ur post says Jan. Is jan confirmed or chances of it coming earlier ??? 10.3 ex-showoom, i guess OTR Bangalore will be 12.
Old 7th November 2007, 18:50   #11
BHPian

Quote:

"" Did you miss the steering pics ? It seem to have cruise control and it steering appears to have airbag also in it.""

Doesnt say SRS, so the steering in this pic is w.o the Airbag, but I am sure Mahindra would definately have it as an option

Last edited by Karandeep81 : 7th November 2007 at 18:52.
Old 7th November 2007, 18:53   #12
Senior - BHPian

Guys i didnot miss the engine, cruise control or anything, i just thought since the title of the thread is all new, i though a complate new design, the threads name is misleading it should be new scorpio not "all" new.

Anyways the basic problem with the scoprio is that its firstly too tall and has poor space inside comapred to the safari.

There doesnot seem to be any airbags.
Old 7th November 2007, 18:55   #13
HSV
BHPian

Hey Spittingfire, thanks for the pics. You may however wanna watermark the pics, incase someone decides to steal 'em and pass 'em over to the mags.
Old 7th November 2007, 19:16   #14
BHPian

Spittingfire, terrific work. Where in Bangalore did you spot this ? I also hear there is one black eagle in Bangalore.

Quote:
1. i just thought since the title of the thread is all new, i though a complate new design, the threads name is misleading it should be new scorpio not "all" new.

2. Anyways the basic problem with the scoprio is that its firstly too tall
and has poor space inside comapred to the safari.

3. There doesnot seem to be any airbags.
1. the thread says all new scorpio 2.2 L . As far as I know there was no 2.2 L scorpio earlier . Were you expecting a completely new design ? LOL. Besides it is as new as the safari 2.2 is , compared to earlier safari 3.0. So can we please stop nitpicking?

2. To each his own. Wih all these "basic " problems Scoprio clocks 2500 - 3000+ sales every month. So those who actually buy may have a different definition of "basic" problems IMO. besides Mahindras loss is tatas gain.

3. My understanding is that there is atleast one version with airbag . Need to wait for the specs.
Old 7th November 2007, 19:22   #15
HSV
BHPian

My two cents...

Its wonderful that M&M have the wind scoop functional now, however since it used to act as a water reservoir in the earlier version, then during heavy rains wont the air intake let water seep into it there by damaging the intercooler? Or have they got that aspect covered already!?

I wonder what the seats would be like... I sincerely hope they've ditched the panzy floral prints!!!

The interiors seem unchanged (except for the buttons on the steering). I was looking forward to better interiors in this case. This aspect certainly wouldnt give the Safari any comepetition - what with its leather seats et all in the VX. Lets see what comes out finally.

It doesnt seem that airbags are offered in these pics. As karandeep rightly pointed out - doesnt say SRS on the steering. Not only that even the passenger side of the dash board remains unchanged (notice the depression in the left side of the dash where one can keep stuff, as well as the handle bar below it). If an airbag did exist in the passenger side, the depression wouldve been eliminated.

Doesnt look like the side ORVMs are electrically operated. Not sure but they look exactly the same in dimensions to the current model.

Dunno but I guess this is mere speculation by me, I am sure there'd be many variants and these features would be available in some of the variants. Also the pics may not be of the top specced version. Just my 5 cents...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks