Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2007, 18:47   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
correct me if i am wrong but last time i drove a safari i noticed that the middle row seats could not be adjusted for recline even though there is good leg space it was like sitting on a bench
You are correct. Just curious though, which Indian SUV/UV offers a middle row recline?
Old 12th November 2007, 18:55   #77
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
You are correct. Just curious though, which Indian SUV/UV offers a middle row recline?
the innova does in its captain seats and in the bench. in pretty sure about the bench also reclining.
Old 12th November 2007, 20:19   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
correct me if i am wrong but last time i drove a safari i noticed that the middle row seats could not be adjusted for recline even though there is good leg space it was like sitting on a bench
Though the middle bench cant be adjusted for recline, calling them bench would be taking criticism too far. A comfy sofa is more like it.
Old 12th November 2007, 22:10   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Scorpio has that feature.
Old 12th November 2007, 22:30   #80
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i have an 8 seater scorpio and the middle row is split 60:40 and both can be double folded to the front and both can be reclined. this feature is very good and is used extensively in my vehicle on long trips !
Old 12th November 2007, 23:40   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Though the middle bench cant be adjusted for recline, calling them bench would be taking criticism too far. A comfy sofa is more like it.
I used to own a scorpio for 3+ years and during long drives when someone else is driving i used to recline the middle row and relax
cant say the same for safari top end model 13l and middle row seats dont recline (what a joke how much will it cost to add this feature)maybe its a comfy sofa but i prefer a recliner anyday
Old 13th November 2007, 22:51   #82
Senior - BHPian

My experience

I noticed

1. Very less space for tall guys at the driver seat. I am 6'2'', steering was on my stomach, when I tilt it down.

2. Poor leg space in the middle row.

3. Very poor seating at the rear. Tall guys can't think of it.

4. Very rough clutch - ultra hard.

5. Poor plastics.

6. Too many cubby holes - could be harder to clean them.

7. No alloy wheels, No airbags, No ABS even in slx model. No option pack

Will the new one solve em?

Quote:
I used to own a scorpio for 3+ years and during long drives when someone else is driving i used to recline the middle row and relax
cant say the same for safari top end model 13l and middle row seats dont recline (what a joke how much will it cost to add this feature)maybe its a comfy sofa but i prefer a recliner anyday
Old 14th November 2007, 03:10   #83
BHPian

Recline or no recline, the Safari middle row is supremely comfortable. The Scorpio offering recline makes it much more comfortable. Is there a mechanism in the Scorpio now available that allows the middle row to be slid forward and backward too?
Old 14th November 2007, 07:40   #84
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post

7. No alloy wheels, No airbags, No ABS even in slx model. No option pack

Will the new one solve em?
the top model surely comes with alloys.
Old 14th November 2007, 09:47   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Recliner with skimpy legroom.... sorry I prefer a Sofa anyday. To relax I always prefer the front seat.
Old 14th November 2007, 09:58   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibzez View Post
Bro, to each his own. You might appreciate an improvement more than the second person.
@ prithvi - the point is very valid - i personally find the position of the gear lever to be rather inconvenient. Also ,I found it very difficult to get into the drivers seat of the scorpio (i'm 6'3" and big built)- for which the sales lady said- why dont you get a driver? kinda shocking attitude - considering I am paying a lot - and would like to drive it.

I was hoping for a better position of the gear shift - which re-iterates the scorpio's truck like feel - and lower seats.
The other day - I was sitting in the rear seat of the scorpio and personally - found it quite a tight fit - not something you will expect from an SUV.
Old 14th November 2007, 09:59   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the WagonR also has rear reclining seats - dont know if this is of any use though. Yes - makes the seat comfortable - but how often can you recline on long drives?
Old 14th November 2007, 10:17   #88
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
the WagonR also has rear reclining seats - dont know if this is of any use though. Yes - makes the seat comfortable - but how often can you recline on long drives?
as often as one would want, or is necessary. depends whether the person is one's grandma or girlfriend different people have different preferences. how many times would YOU recline back and forth riding shotgun in the front with someone else driving (long drive) ?! are you saying its not a useful feature ??

Last edited by NIP : 14th November 2007 at 10:20.
Old 14th November 2007, 12:31   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
depends whether the person is one's grandma or girlfriend
My Bro here has it all figured out.
Old 14th November 2007, 12:49   #90
BHPian

Great !!!! Man

Thought it was time ford launched a new car in competition to the d segment cars. It looks are though unappealing and esp. the rear.But if priced reasonably can dominate the market.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed