Team-BHP - December 14 is declared as "My Car Day"
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   December 14 is declared as "My Car Day" (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/3116-december-14-declared-my-car-day.html)

Hi guys, check this out :)
Greetings to all!

It was 21 years back... on a cold winter morning... when the Indian middle class woke up to a new reality... a reality that converted the dreams of millions to possess their own, personal motor car.

December 14, 1983... Smt. Indira Gandhi handed over the keys of the FIRST Maruti 800 to Shri Harpal Singh at the spanking new Maruti Udyog plant in Gurgaon. That little white car set a million hearts on fire. The Indian roads became cheerful, colourful and full of energy. The joy of motoring was finally here!

It has been 21 action-packed years since then. All of us have experienced the movement and the momentum.

Today, the Indian automobile market is one of the few key vibrant ones that looks positively at the years ahead. The world has come to India. The Maybach has its first customer. World-launches are a common happening. Banks and finance companies make offers as if in the FMCG industry. 7 Indians out of a 1000 own a car. And the ratio can only get better with every passing day.

All because of that one white Maruti 800.

To commemorate the date of December 14, India's largest gifting company "Archies Gallery" has decided to declare the day as "My Car Day".

Archies Gallery, as a brand, stands for today's generation and their likes and desires. They promote friendship, goodwill, trust and all the essential values of life that bring about cheerful living. They have promoted gifting as an integral part of our lives and an expression of our feelings. The Archies Gallery in one's neighbourhood is a much frequented venue for people of all ages and likes, especially the younger India.

It is a matter of pride that a brand that has promoted concepts like
'Father's Day', 'Mother's Day', 'Friendship Day' and 'Valentine's Day' to the young generation across the country has decided to create and promote this new concept of 'My Car Day'. They recognise the role a car plays in our lives. And the date they have chosen is a recognition of the contribution Maruti has made to the lives of the average Indian.

December 14 - 'My Car Day'

Recognising that unlike other assets one possesses, there is a special bond and emotional attachment one has with one's car! Owning a car is full of emotional experiences. There are little anecdotes that one can share about getting / owning/ choosing a car. These anecdotes and experiences bind and bond one car owner with another! 'My car day' can thus almost be a forum to bring all car owners- past, present and future together.

It is a day dedicated to the one piece of machinery that changes peoples lives and escalated the pace of change in this world!

From today, 250 Archies Gallies across 13 cities will promote the day
through posters, banners and specially designed "I love my car" greeting cards. The cards have been designed by Mr. Ajit Ninan, one of India's most famous cartoonists. One card is attached here.

At the back of every card, there is a small message on why December 14 is 'My Car Day' - it is a simple and effective way of reminding people of the contribution of the Maruti 800 and Maruti as a brand to the country's progress and prosperity.

All Maruti showrooms will also be sent banners and posters to promote the message and, greeting cards to give out to customers who walk in on the 13th and 14th of December.

While the concept is being established and promoted by Archies Gallery, at our end, we will be supporting them with messages on FM radio [Radio Mirchi and Radio City]. Hoardings will be put up in Delhi NCR carrying the same message.

And, on Monday, December 13, 2004, Mr. Jagdish Khattar will be gifted a card by Mr. Anil Moolchandani, CEO of Archies Gallery at MGF Mall, Gurgaon, to formally announce the declaration of December 14 as 'My Car Day'.

This year Archies Gallery will basically announce the concept and promote it in select 13 cities. From next year, 'My Car Day' will be promoted with the usual Archies fervour across the country with huge promotions, advertising and merchandise / gifts prepared specially for the occasion. Lakhs of people across the country will dedicate this one day to their loved one on four wheels.

And look back at that one little white Maruti 800 that started it all...

Regards.

[color=blue]Source:[/color] From a Friend who's in MUL, also check out the MUL Website
http://www.marutiudyog.com/

Techno

No issues. Your report is much better than mine was.

The other thread has been deleted.

GTO

Feb 14th - Valentine's day.
November 14th -childrens' day
December 14th -My Car Day.

14th must be really special....

When is the "My Bike Day"!!!?!??!

14th of which month ?? :p

Its amazing to know the prestige which Maruti 800 had when it was launched! Owner of a 800 that time was treated more royally then even a S350 owner today! So was the presitige of the 800 which has set peoples heart on fire since launched and still manages to sell! Japs at it best!

i have got lovely of the same breed its 5 months younger to me my dad loves the car

are there any offers on this my car day its pickup is terrific. it can be revved like hell

Every Day is " My Car Day" for us Team-BHPians !!

Who else has the best car here on the forum? I mean except me. Mercs (GTO's) etc will do just fine. On December 14 that car will be 'My Car'. Please do not disappoint me. *LOL*

Regarding the Mrrutti (Punjabi accent), I remember too. The first time I saw one was when I was in the 2nd standard. Three of them were parked outside Fatehpur Sikri in Agra. Ahhhh ...

That apart, why should we have a 'My Car Day'? Everytime I drive, I realize it is a my car day. Everytime I feel safe on Mumbai roads, it is a My Car Day. Just another marketing gimmick?

N_C,
Well said.
Just about beat me to it.