Hindustan Motors 0 0%
Toyota 6 5.61%
Skoda Auto 1 0.93%
Mercedes Benz India Ltd. 1 0.93%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2004, 12:45   #16
Team-BHP Support

I would have liked to vote for Maruti, seeing that they put India on (reliable) wheels. But, they have only gone downhill since then.

New models were few and far between. The only reason prices are a bit lower than the other manufacturers is due to the simple fact that they continue selling 15 year old models to the public. If after more than 15 years, they still can't reduce the price of a new M800 to less than 2 lakhs on road...well, thats just a disgrace.

I would say the bravest car company of them all has to be Hyundai. They are the only company (aside from Tata) to have come into the market and take on maruti. All the other manufacturers didn't bother as the investment was too heavy, and the returns too little and too far away.

Hyundai did it, and consequently they reaped the benefits. They are now as respected and trusted as Maruti, and their sales reflect that. But no, they don't get my vote here.

As the poll is for the best car manufacturer, I vote for Honda. Sure they had a relatively easy path due to their brand image already present in India, but that could work both ways if they did not deliver. But Honda being Honda, did not dissapoint and launched cars with the best engines and reliablility and fuel efficiency to go with it too. They constintly update their model line up and do away with phased out models, even when there is still demand for them. Thats just the confidence they have!

Honda...there's a reason why they are the best engineering company in the world.

Rt
Old 20th December 2004, 15:44   #17
Senior - BHPian

There was a thread quite similar to this one earlier also. In that, i had first voted for MUL, then realised that they are not upgrading their technology, then i wanted to change to Fiat, but realised that after sales service was a criteria, and finally settled on Tata motors. So to cut a long story short, i am still with Tata.
Old 20th December 2004, 22:57   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
Thanks Mods

[color=red]now we have skoda and mercedes benz too ....[/color]

still no one has voted for them
Old 21st December 2004, 11:50   #19
BHPian

It has to be Honda for launching Comptemporary Products in our Country and for being courageous enough to replace the Old City ( which was selling like hot cakes) and replacing with a totally different car and lower price point and making it the best seller in its segment and ofcourse for knowing exactly waht an indian customer wants and doing that with out compromising on anything (that is what i hate about Maruti and Hyundai)

Cheers
Old 27th December 2004, 14:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

It was a tie between tata and hyundai. But this time my vote goes to hyundai...because tata has not been paying as much attention to the safari as they should.

Drifter
Old 29th December 2004, 13:45   #21
Senior - BHPian

I go with hyundai . as much as i wanted to vote for Ford - i couldnt ......overall Hyundai gets the vote as it has churned out good cars at good prices having good quality with good A.S.S

s
Old 19th September 2006, 14:33   #22
Senior - BHPian

Bumping this thread !

Lets see if perceptions have changed.
Old 19th September 2006, 14:49   #23
Senior - BHPian

my vote is no secret. it goes to maruti, who brought world class technology to india. everyone else just followed after waiting & watching. and come they did, after the software boom, to take away all that was earned. lol

@normally_crazy... the poll is still closed.. cant you open that too ?
thanks
Old 19th September 2006, 14:52   #24
BHPian

My vote is with Hyundai. They brought all round capable cars at affordable prices, backed it with good dealer and service network.
Old 19th September 2006, 15:13   #25
BHPian

My heart goes out for TATA, but my mind wants to say no. Will listen to my heart for now, and give TATA a chance.
Old 19th September 2006, 21:48   #26
BHPian

Weel i think maruti , it is for most type of customers in India. Plus very pratical and damm cost effective. Wort for value for money.
Old 20th September 2006, 12:05   #27
BHPian

For me its FIAT for all the quality Ride comfort and SAFETY it ofers..
Old 20th September 2006, 18:14   #28
Senior - BHPian

ok guys - the poll is now open. So get those votes in.
Old 20th September 2006, 18:20   #29
BHPian

Well, I go for Maruti. They care about people's pockets. That's more than enough reason.
Old 20th September 2006, 19:18   #30
Senior - BHPian

Honda is undoubtably the best car manufacturers in India and worldwide also, Toyota comes second.

Maruti is good car manufacturer if we think the past history and give value to economical path. But their never tried to improve the techonology, so when we get better manufacturer why look for MUL.

In long run either Honda or Toyota cars scores top.

Ravi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks