Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2007, 13:26   #1
BANNED

Future automatics

this is country sucks when it comes to automatics in B C D whatever catogery. what are the future automatics that are gonna be launched in 2007 and 2008. i guess i really want to dump the plan for a manual car now. i know the i10 is comin but i would love something like sx4 in auto or something like that. any future ones being launched under 10 laks. all nice autos are from 20 laks plus
Old 14th November 2007, 14:03   #2
Senior - BHPian

Do you mean to say that the following below 20 `laks' auto are not nice:
Civic
Corolla
Sonata
City
Santro
Octavia
`Lara'
Old 14th November 2007, 15:01   #3
Senior - BHPian

Just drive the Sonata Crdi auto. Its a smasher.
Old 14th November 2007, 15:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
this is country sucks when it comes to automatics in B C D whatever catogery. what are the future automatics that are gonna be launched in 2007 and 2008. i guess i really want to dump the plan for a manual car now. i know the i10 is comin but i would love something like sx4 in auto or something like that. any future ones being launched under 10 laks. all nice autos are from 20 laks plus
I agree with jesal. I have switched over to an auto tranny after 27 years of driving MT vehicles and believe me, it is something to be considered for those who prefer ease of driving over performance.
While there have been a few AT vehicles on offer, one feels that the manufacturers are rather half-hearted/hesitant on this score. I guess our national preoccupation over FE figures must have something to do with it.
I'm sure there can be some more offered in the sub 10 lac category for diesels as well - maybe an Innova/Verna/Fiesta/Logan? with AT. I remember reading about diesels and the hassles/fatigue issues owing to hard clutch etc. This would probably be an answer.
The USP of driving ease is also, unfortunately, not propositioned effectively by the manufacturers (just my take).
Old 14th November 2007, 15:25   #5
BHPian

the sonata V6 is a treat to drive.
Old 14th November 2007, 15:48   #6
BHPian

My next car (after 2 yrs) would be an auto; I am sick and tired of driving a stick shift in Bangalore's bumper 2 bumber trafic.
Old 14th November 2007, 16:03   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Nice auto under 10 lacs? Look no further than the NHC CVT!
Old 14th November 2007, 19:39   #8
BHPian

Try Sonata VGT H-Matic. 33 kgm torque at 2k rpm. Dingo!! Bigger engine and same tech. used in Verna VGT.
Old 14th November 2007, 20:49   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I can't agree with you more since I use one myself but... what about a sub 10 lac diesel AT?
Old 15th November 2007, 01:06   #10
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Do you mean to say that the following below 20 `laks' auto are not nice:
Civic
Corolla
Sonata
City
Santro
Octavia
`Lara'
santro i had a manual bought in 2004 and sold in 2005 u can imagine how much i loved it right . i have a CVT i got for 10 laks dot. which other car do u see under 10 laks please show. i want to get a auto under 10. i would love to get sx4 auto. just got back from dubai man new camry and innovas taxis there man and all AUTO. india is so far it seems all. expensive imports are only in auto. i dont mind civic but too much really to spend on. and im bored seeing same old cars over and over and over. one car launched here. thousands booked and same as rickshaws. crappy part is i travel a lot so i hate to see what goes on here. we pay so much tax and yet not given basic things
Old 15th November 2007, 01:09   #11
BANNED

i have a CVT since 2 yrs now hence my love for autos and hate for manuals, also reason i sold the zen and bored driving the accent. have innova and qualis but keep them in office since no place at home to keep. i need another auto. bored of finding a vtec now will also find used auto till dec. in jan will get a new car or wait for a nice auto to launch hopefully if there is any...
Old 15th November 2007, 10:41   #12
BHPian

Have a Santro Automatic and love it. Only wish there was more legroom for me. Being 6.3 is a problem. Tried everything in the book to move the driver seat as much as possible, but cant do,.If anyone has an idea will be great.

I hope the Skoda Fabia diesel will come with an auto box?
Old 15th November 2007, 11:20   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
What I really do not understand is why hasn't Honda launched the NHC VTEC with the CVT. Its a pity that you get an excellent tranny in the form of CVT and yet have to make do with the i-DSI engine.

Sometimes, Honda pricing and policies baffle me
Old 16th November 2007, 18:18   #14
BANNED

even i wanted a cvt vtec with paddle shift u get it all over. but not here plus pay 10 laks for a cvt idsi. no issues with the car its good just a ripoff.
Old 17th November 2007, 03:40   #15
BHPian

a lot of people in mumbai are thinking about shifting to automatic car's so i guess it will be a matter of time that car companys will start flooding the market with auto options?

Most Viewed