Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Hyundai i10 or Zen Estilo
Hyundai i10 90 82.57%
Zen Estilo 19 17.43%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2007, 21:07   #61

hey guys,i decided to come back to the site after a year as i am in the process of buying my first car.I almost had the U-VA booked when the i10 came along.I guess it would not be apt to compare an i10 with any make & its variant.I guess the i1o lies squrely between the segment represented by the santro & the getz.Also let us face the fact that it has just been born,it will be a few months before deficiencies show up.Having said that it offers features in its class that should make other manufacturers look up for eg the driver & passenger airbags,ABS,Seatbelts all around in the Magna(o) variant for 4.78 lacs(ex showroom,kolkata) alongwith other creature comforts,Seems to be a good deal.
Old 17th November 2007, 21:18   #62
BANNED

While opinions are relevant, and debates helpful, the kind of debate and exchange of opinion going on here has been extremely disgusting.
Sorry to say this, I do feel that the discussion is degenerating into a proxy war between the marketing departments of two auto manufacturers.
Old 17th November 2007, 22:24   #63
Senior - BHPian

whether the estilo is 100 yrs old at some other part of the world is a diff issue.it has come to india and with a bang.the fastest sold small car in india.i10 has not made any huge impact on estilo and wr sales across india i belive.discounts -maybe because sharing the profits made till date with customers.if that is the case imagine what hyundai would be making on i10.and just because its a new kid on the block doesnt mean you can over price it.isnt it so guys,

ram
Old 17th November 2007, 22:43   #64
BHPian

LMAO... you wasted so much of time in this....

ha ha i cant resist laughing... i think we hav got a mad doctor on TBHP.

No matter how much you justify, your i10 is still a crap in market. Poor looser. You pay more, you get more, hope you know english... rest in peace.
Old 17th November 2007, 23:04   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nispatel View Post
Hyundai Lover,

Your post seem to look like a crude attempt to poke fun at Zen Estilo. You must first accept that everyone has a choice before preaching the same to others.

i10 looks like a a Santro coming from operation theator after a beauty enhancement treatment especially to add meat at certain spots...
H.L, you really do not have to attempt bashing another car/model just to feel good about your wagonR oops! sorry accent!ooops sorry again i10 !!! ooops sorry again, what car do you own ? Some people like the santro, i think it does not qualify to be a car, as a matter of fact, i wouldn't want to be seen in a wagonR as well, but that does not mean that the wagonR is bad, i would still recommend that car to people whom i think it suits them. i have a funny feeling you do not even own a car. maybe you just joined hyundai with great hopes. well, all the best, but over here , we have very very sensible people who make their own sensible choices depending on what suits them. otherwise there is no reason for you to start a thread like this.

again, i reiterate what i said before. the estilo should rightfully be compared to the 1998/99 autowallah santros.

this is a community where all are equal with their tastes & likes, so try to live within it if you can.
Old 17th November 2007, 23:12   #66
Senior - BHPian

I hate maruthi for only one thing, they got rid of the lovely jelly bean zen and replaced it with a box like monstrosity with obnoxious colours.
Old 17th November 2007, 23:31   #67
BHPian

Mumbai - Maruti Suzuki, India's largest selling car maker, has received a big boost in its export market by racing ahead in car sales in Indonesia beating other car makers like Hyundai, Chery and Kia.

According to market figures, Maruti's Zen Estilo has garnered a staggering 60-70 percent market share within months of its launch. Chery Automobile's QQ is the second largest selling car in Indonesia with 12 percent market share, followed by Kia Motor's Picanto with 8 percent and Hyundai's Atos with 6 percent.

The company, which is focused on catering to the non-European markets like Morocco, Algeria, Sri Lanka, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Indonesia and Chile, said that its compact car Zen Estilo has received an order for 12,000 units from Indonesia. Zen Estilo was launched in Indonesia in May this year and Maruti has already sold 5,500 units in the South-East Asian country so far.

"The consistent demand for Zen Estilo comes from its 'Tall Boy' design. It resembles a mini-SUV, which are in great demand in Philippines. We already have a 12,000 units strong order from our distributor, PT Indomobil Suzuki International, for this fiscal," business newspaper Economic Times quoted Maruti Suzuki managing director Jagdish Khattar as saying.

According to a company spokesman, Maruti plans to ship 1,000 units of the model every month to Indonesia to meet the demands of the market.

"The Indonesian small car market is small, while the overall auto market there is dominated by SUVs. However, with the launch of Estilo since a few months back, we have been able to capture about 60 percent of the compact car market," the company spokesman said.

"Of late we have focused on non-European markets. It has grown by over 65 percent in Middle-East, Africa, South Asia and South America," a company official said, adding that in August the company clocked a total exports of 5,739 units, as against 2000 units in the corresponding month a year ago.

The official added that the company has also raised its export target to 55,000 units from 50,000 units.

Maruti has set an export target of around 2,20,000 units by 2010 and hopes to capture new markets like the UAE with its best selling small car Alto. The company has a strong presence in Chile and Egypt where it has already sold 7000 units and 4000-5000 units respectively.

Besides Zen Estilo and Alto, Maruti is also exporting another model, Wagon R, to the non-European markets where it has already notched up huge sales.

According to market analysts, Maruti is focusing on export markets to offset its flagging sales back home. Facing competition from other car makers like Honda, Ford, Toyota, Hyundai, GM, Mahindra & Mahindra and Tata Motors, Maruti has seen its market share plunge from 80 percent a decade back to around 35-40 percent.

Demand for cars in India has slowed down this year on the back of higher interest rates while a stronger rupee has put exports under pressure, analysts said.

Now, in a bid to attract more customers, Maruti has aggressively started marketing its range of cars, offering attractive discounts across all models. It has also launched several models recently with multiple fuel options and those which are E-10 (10 percent ethanol) compliant.

SOURCE : Maruti races ahead in car sales in Indonesia - International Business Times -
Old 18th November 2007, 00:21   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyundai.Lover View Post
Thanx man. haha Sorry i forgot to mention about the girlish pinky aunty estilo. Pink Panther haha Old Zen is away ahead of this little toy in terms of performance. lol my Wagon R is more responsive than this liliput. Smallest hood, ever seen after matiz. What about the impacts?

Zen Estilo will fail miserably in that dept. too 100% sure about it.
Hey Hyundai Lover, when the poll results are speaking for themselves then why do you want to justify again in such a crude way. Not many people on this forum are with estilo but we still need o respect the minority here. Chill down.
Old 18th November 2007, 00:45   #69
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Watch the tone. Personal attacks on fellow members are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

We advise you to read our board rules before proceeding further on this board.

Last edited by GTO : 19th November 2007 at 09:46.
Hyundai.Lover is offline   Received Infraction
Old 18th November 2007, 00:48   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nispatel View Post
Hyundai Lover,

Your post seem to look like a crude attempt to poke fun at Zen Estilo. You must first accept that everyone has a choice before preaching the same to others.

i10 looks like a a Santro coming from operation theator after a beauty enhancement treatment especially to add meat at certain spots...
I had nothing against estilo or i10. Please read the thread. Its just some guy started bashing harshly. So, in response i gave a better response. and i clearly mentioned and appologized for that too.
Old 18th November 2007, 00:57   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtyfaction View Post
Hey Hyundai Lover, when the poll results are speaking for themselves then why do you want to justify again in such a crude way. Not many people on this forum are with estilo but we still need o respect the minority here. Chill down.
I know man i really really bashed estilo like hell. But one need to respect other cars too
It is someone who started like "pee" lol I asked mods to edit his thread, they did nothing, and again that guy said his -ve points against i10 is justified and mods still didnt do anything. So, why not having a true picture of estilo?

i'm chill pill man, it is just that guy was indirectly challenging.... so, i need to bring it down. else anywhere i had mentioned anything against estilo?

I guess not? Anyone please tell me 1 single one? It should not be biased one. in my post i had clearly mentioned it was just to give a dose as i knew many maruti lovers can turn against me which i had seen one guy telling me about accent vs baleno thread. If they wanna light that #$%$#% again, this time i'm not gonna back up. Enough is enough. In weired thread also they were after me for no good reason. But now, enough is enough. I havnt seen any baleno overtaking me on highways? Just one justification i had seen may be their gearshifts. I accepted respectfully. then why the hell bloody baleno owners are after me.

I had never seen any baleno crossing me on any of the highways, on expressways, or on punjab national highways or on jaipur national highways. Now what...... any baleno lover or owner wanna argue on that? Are the drivers are really lame that they cant compete? or the car is too lame? Now what? Enough is enough man.
Old 18th November 2007, 01:10   #72
BHPian

bmdesai1987 - your so favourate jagdish khattar said maruti 800 is much much safer than a merc. can you justify that? or you buy the car not by the performance but by checking out the shares?

Elantra was rated that best side impact car, but what happened in india?
A flop?

Honda City?
How many countries will fav. city over civic?

Ford?
Pathetic service out here though that car is good enough.

Now what? Why don't you prefer Ford? A major selling in america, why it failed in india?

Why you havnt choosen ford ? they have some good cars like fiesta. People say that is underpowered but churns good amount of torque? What about fiesta 1.6L DOHC? Gearbox is good enough to churn the power. Why always maruti over other companies?

ANS. JANTA don't wanna spend extra amount of money. They are happy with a car that bring them from one place to another.

now someone talking of the tall boyish thing.
Santro = tall boy
Wagon R = tall boy
Estilo = tall boy

Something called center of gravity.
Why low height and less ground clearance cars are more stable?
Please google it read in details you will get a lot of articles.

Last edited by Hyundai.Lover : 18th November 2007 at 01:11.
Old 18th November 2007, 01:16   #73
BHPian

Wow! People on this forum can be so judgmental!!

I think I have said this here before and will say it again, in the budget segment ( < 6 lakhs) there is NO car whose looks are unanimously liked and applauded.
For e.g. I have always disliked the looks of the Stock Swift. I will refrain from using petticoat analogies, but it is along the lines of what that car's rear looks to me. However, I can very well appreciate the fact that from certain angles it looks quite good, and moreover can respect the fact that what does not look good to me, may look good to others (and a lot of people here like it). And I was surprised to realize that with a little bit of modding (alloys etc.) that car can actually look banging!

I personally own an Estilo, and IMHO it looks quite decent as well with good alloys (though I am yet to see anyone else other than me with alloys on their Estilo!!). Performance wise, I am quite satisfied.

The most asinine breed of comments with regard to the Estilo go somewhere along the lines of it "looking gay." I am not sure what gay looks like, and moreover how a car can look gay. More often than not such people are alluding to the fact that one of the colours it comes in is 'purple fusion' which can be aptly described as 'pink.' Admittedly, it's an atrocious colour, but a colour shouldn't define a car, especially when it's not even the most common colour.

So if the purpose of this thread is to help find someone a better fit with regards to a new car, let's stick to that. But if this thread is more about brand fanboyism and brand bashing, I think it should be closed.
Old 18th November 2007, 01:24   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
H.L, you really do not have to attempt bashing another car/model just to feel good about your wagonR oops! sorry accent!ooops sorry again i10 !!! ooops sorry again, what car do you own ? Some people like the santro, i think it does not qualify to be a car, as a matter of fact, i wouldn't want to be seen in a wagonR as well, but that does not mean that the wagonR is bad, i would still recommend that car to people whom i think it suits them. i have a funny feeling you do not even own a car. maybe you just joined hyundai with great hopes. well, all the best, but over here , we have very very sensible people who make their own sensible choices depending on what suits them. otherwise there is no reason for you to start a thread like this.

again, i reiterate what i said before. the estilo should rightfully be compared to the 1998/99 autowallah santros.

this is a community where all are equal with their tastes & likes, so try to live within it if you can.
i own a santro too
If i had compared it with santro then people would had said hyundai vs suzuki. that's why i had compared it with wagon R. Suzuki car (Wagon R) vs Suzuki Car (Old Zen) vs Suzuki Car (Hyundai)
Many people out here, should learn to observe exact things before commenting.
Now, Accrding to you,
Estilo should not be compared with Wagon R as it is more superior, Estilo should not be compared with Old Zen again it is more superior, now i havnt compared it with Santro means it is more superior.

Cool..!! na!! If someone is saying wagon R is much better than estilo, nothing happens and if i bashed estilo and also said wagon R is much better than estilo, then people are after me.

If someone owns a suzuki product, and wanna have a go on a hyundai product, then no mods comes into play and nothng happens, and if i owns a hyundai product and really based a suzuki product then everyone turns on me?

Dont you think, it is not good man.

Now i say again Estilo is less responsive than Wagon R or Santro..... Anyone wanna argue on that?

Now people are talking of respect? why people are not going after a maruti car owner? becaues majority is a maruti car owner?

Anyone wanna argue on wagon R vs Estilo?

Old 18th November 2007, 01:29   #75
BHPian

To survive on this forum means one has to be biased towards Palio, Baleno and all the maruti suzuki products.

This is the 3rd time, i'm having this feeling on this thing.

But this time, anyone wanna argue on suzuki product over hyundai product? or one wanna retain towards estilo vs i10?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed