Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Hot hatch war- Palio Stile 1.6 v/s Hyundai Getz 1.5 CRDi
FIAT Palio Stile 1.6 131 52.61%
Hyundai Getz Prime 1.5 CRDi 118 47.39%
Voters: 249. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2007, 11:37   #46
BHPian

The Getz will have neck snapping in-gear acceleration times, but the Palio scores on revvability and great power delivery throughout all gears and that brilliant engine note, which is cricial for the hot hatch experience.

Also, the getz happens to be more than a lakh Rs costilier than the Palio.

P.S: I also bought a 1.6 sport last Friday
Old 16th November 2007, 12:25   #47
BHPian

Amit

Congrats on your acquisition. Formula rd or Black?
Anyways Good on you & enjoy the experience.
Old 19th November 2007, 14:48   #48
BHPian

I thought GETZ will win this poll handsomly, but there is only marginal difference. It seems that even if Hyundai had plonked 5 LTR , 500HP engine, 500NM tourqe engine still FP16 would have come very close .
Old 19th November 2007, 15:01   #49
BHPian

1.6 Palio Sport for me
Would like to see how the Turbo piece works in the getz..a test drive would do the needful

Last edited by raajks : 19th November 2007 at 15:07.
Old 19th November 2007, 15:51   #50
BHPian

Hey guys,

Its very unfare to compare and believe in this result.
I would like to reiterate here that,
Title is hot hatch war bet. Getz CRDi and Palio 1.6 sports.

For this no one should consider the price.
Its only the performance which is the criteria.

And secondly, not many have driven the Getz CRDi yet. There are NO official test drive avialable in showrooms across India(Atleast I know of Bangalore/Karnataka and Pune/Maharasthra).

So I'll not believe in this result.

Anju
Old 19th November 2007, 16:50   #51
BHPian

Nothing can beat Palio in terms of stability and SUV kinda of feeling over bad / broken roads. Its unbeatable in comparison with Getz no matter what we may talk about performance, VFM etc and aftre sales services. Palio is a very sturdy and built to last car. Getz is in comparison , flimsy and too tinny.
Old 19th November 2007, 17:13   #52
Team-BHP Support

@shatrughna, have you extensively driven the getz?
I have extensively driven the 1.2 Palio and Getz petrol, and did not find the Getz tinny etc., etc.,
Old 19th November 2007, 17:26   #53
BHPian

With 240NM, its a no-brainer for me.
Voted for Getz!

TChau,
+Rocky_Balboa+
PS: I own a Swift D
Old 19th November 2007, 19:24   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Getz is in comparison , flimsy and too tinny.
Getz.....flimsy & tinny ???.Boss,I've driven 50k km in it,mostly on bad roads & highways.Still no rattles,no unwanted noises,soaks in bumps without making a fuss.I've known people who have done 1.2lac km & they're extremely happy with the body & chassis albeit a little dissapointed with the sluggish engine.BTW,I drove a Palio D for over a year in 2003-04 & I know what OTHER problems the car has.....some of them I could'nt live with.
Old 19th November 2007, 19:37   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nothing can beat Palio in terms of stability and SUV kinda of feeling over bad / broken roads. Its unbeatable in comparison with Getz no matter what we may talk about performance, VFM etc and aftre sales services. Palio is a very sturdy and built to last car. Getz is in comparison , flimsy and too tinny.

Hyundai Getz is supposed to have such good interior space, it can shame even sedans.
Old 19th November 2007, 20:39   #56
BHPian

I voted for the Palio 1.6 because it is a petrol and it is cheaper than the getz. Isn't the feeling, the sound, etc., that you get when you accelerate (till redline) with a reasonably good petrol engine better than a diesel? Rev range of a diesel puts me off.

As for the car being old, what are you talking about? The looks? definitely not. Interiors? May be, but you can always get it changed with the amount that you save by buying the palio.

Last edited by hyper123 : 19th November 2007 at 20:45.
Old 19th November 2007, 20:43   #57
Senior - BHPian

I own a Getz Prime 1.3 GLX. Its very comfortable. I had used Palio diesel and love Palio too. I like cars with build quality and both cars score in this regard.
My vote goes to Getz CRDI for the Power+Mileage+Comfort+Space+Reliablility.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 19th November 2007 at 20:44.
Old 19th November 2007, 20:52   #58
BHPian

Quote:
dude, you are just stating the conclusions but what is the reasoning you used to arrive at these conclusions ?? And why shouldn't it matter when we talk about performance and after sales service ? Are these not the criteria for a hot hatch ?
Old 19th November 2007, 21:00   #59
Senior - BHPian

Preface: A hot hatch should be about the overall experience, which includes revvability, sound from the engine, gearshift, stability, steering response and feedback, the X-factor. I am not considering petrol diesel price parity and initial cost of purchase.

The steering response and feedback and that fabulous 100 bhp petrol engine is enough for me to vote for Palio over the Getz. Besides the 1.6 Palio is nimbler, the interiors are shamelessly driver centric ( i love the way the whole central console is tilted towards the driver), the seating is low, the gearshift is awesome and stability at speeds is great.
Again I am not saying I will buy the 1.6 over the Getz, if asked to choose among one of them, but considering whats being asked in the thread, I voted for Palio.
Old 19th November 2007, 21:05   #60
Senior - BHPian

What's the purpose of this thread? There's no Getz CRDi available for TD in most parts of the country.
Hardly any of us have driven it. What's the fun in speculating things about Getz Crdi on basis Getz petrol and Verna engine.??
Palio 1.6 should be compared to petrol cars like Swift P /Getz P/Fusion/..Its not fair to compare 1.6 with a diesel just bcos it has powerful engine.

No offence to anyone. Just my opinion.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks