Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Hot hatch war- Palio Stile 1.6 v/s Hyundai Getz 1.5 CRDi
FIAT Palio Stile 1.6 131 52.61%
Hyundai Getz Prime 1.5 CRDi 118 47.39%
Voters: 249. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2007, 15:29   #91
Senior - BHPian

question - Petrol vs Diesel? is it a fair comparision? each person will have their individual preferences in terms of fuel right?
Old 21st November 2007, 15:36   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its a DOHC 16 Valve 4 cylinder 100 BHP and AFAIK petrol getz and swift are SOHC what say ?
DOHC does not mean car is modern, all Honda's sold in India are SOHC.
Old 21st November 2007, 15:55   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
It doesnt mean that its outdated either. Its still a 32 Bit, DOHC engine... better specified than the competition still.
Old 21st November 2007, 16:02   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
The biggest problem with the palio though is tata build quality and QA. This 6 month old car rattles more than my dad's 9 year old zen. There are rattles from just about everywhere on the body. Damn irritating if you ask me. The other issue is the fit and finish of the dash. Looks rather poorly finished and plastics are not of very good quality.

However I'd still pick it up over the getz as its a much more sorted out car.
Are you talking about Palio or the Indica? Fiat build quality is among the best in the country today. I have a 4 year old 60K Palio thats as silent as it was on day 1. In fact, there are certain aspects about the build quality in the Palio that I find superior to my SX4 that costs a good over Rs.3 Lacs more. I do agree about the dash and the plastics.

Last edited by amit : 21st November 2007 at 16:05.
Old 21st November 2007, 17:42   #95
Senior - BHPian

Thats how it was... the ones built now are prone to rattle. Maybe the quality control has gone to the dogs of late since Tata started assembling the cars. The old palios are the most solidly built cars around.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 21st November 2007 at 17:43.
Old 21st November 2007, 18:43   #96
BHPian

so are we saying getz maybe better in terms of build quality now that palio build is gone to the dogs. Its sad cos that was one aspect which every palio owner was proud of!!
Old 21st November 2007, 18:48   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats how it was... the ones built now are prone to rattle. Maybe the quality control has gone to the dogs of late since Tata started assembling the cars. The old palios are the most solidly built cars around.
Are you sure those were body rattles not plastic rattles?
Old 21st November 2007, 18:50   #98
Senior - BHPian

Since we are talking of build quality now, I have a 4 year old (almost) Palio 1.2 NV. I do hear occasional rattles here and there on bad roads, but not something that would worry me. I do not know about the current crop of Palios. My car is sturdy. I have a lot of respect for my machine, especially after all the punishment I have meted out to it. But, I am not too happy with some of the plastics used, as I can see some loose ones. I can not speak of Getz's build quality as I have not experienced it much.

Regarding the vote, I am not voting here as I have not driven both of them and would not like to make any biased statement.

Sorry to go off topic.
Old 21st November 2007, 18:59   #99
BHPian

all i am guessing now is how many of those palio voters have experienced the new palio stile - is it that bad or are we just exaggerating the build quality issues after tata has taken over
Old 21st November 2007, 19:47   #100
Senior - BHPian

I'm thinking the Getz wins on power, torque, mileage, build quality, chassis quality, and A.S.S. The Palio is only better in terms of initial cost, and maybe ride quality.

Quote:
all Honda's sold in India are SOHC.
Are you quite sure?
Old 21st November 2007, 19:52   #101
BHPian

I did not drive Palio 1.6 or Getz CRDi.

But i have driven Getz 1.3 and of course my petra.

Definitely palio cannot match Getz diesel on the performance front.

But how ever I think Getz doesn't appear hot to me. Maximum, I can call it good looking.

So my vote is for Palio.
Old 21st November 2007, 20:33   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The biggest problem with the palio though is tata build quality and QA. This 6 month old car rattles more than my dad's 9 year old zen. There are rattles from just about everywhere on the body. Damn irritating if you ask me. The other issue is the fit and finish of the dash. Looks rather poorly finished and plastics are not of very good quality.

However I'd still pick it up over the getz as its a much more sorted out car.
This is bad news. I like the build quality of Palio. If not for the reliability issue from Fiat/Tata, I would have gone for Palio.
Old 21st November 2007, 20:46   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Accord 2.4 is DOHC, where as Accord 3.0 is SOHC. Check out
Specification
Old 22nd November 2007, 10:21   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the ones built now are prone to rattle. Maybe the quality control has gone to the dogs of late since Tata started assembling the cars.
But Tata's are not assembling the Palio. The stile is lighter then the old Palio to improve fuel efficiency and maybe for cost cutting purposes too but I don't think the quality has gotten so bad. Stile owners can throw more light on this.
Old 22nd November 2007, 10:37   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Are you talking about Palio or the Indica? Fiat build quality is among the best in the country today. I have a 4 year old 60K Palio thats as silent as it was on day 1. In fact, there are certain aspects about the build quality in the Palio that I find superior to my SX4 that costs a good over Rs.3 Lacs more. I do agree about the dash and the plastics.
he is talking about the 'sterilized 'version. There has been some compromises compare to the older variants. FIAT has learnt that quality is not all that we want in india.

Just to give you a feel. My 6 yr old UNO runs with much less rattles than my 9 months old adventure sport (a simmilar cost cut variant of the palio adventure). ITs wuote simple. Calculate the cost that you paid 4 years ago for the palio. Consider the cost right now. COnsider the concept of "time value of money". How else can they give it at such low price. But still at that price it is one of the best things you can getz!!!

Last edited by gemithomas : 22nd November 2007 at 10:44.

Most Viewed