Team-BHP - Will getz will be replaced by i20?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Will getz will be replaced by i20? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/31378-will-getz-will-replaced-i20.html)

The i10 is launched. We are hearing roomers that i30 will be launched in India also along with the rest of the world.

Obvious question comes to my mind will getz also will be replaced by i20 during it's worldwide launch in INDIA?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrishig (Post 627437)
Obvious question comes to my mind will getz also will be replaced by i20 during it's worldwide launch in INDIA?

Obvious answer: No. Cuz India is production hub for Getz now and its being exported from here. So if they intended to replace it with the i20, why would they even bother.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrishig (Post 627437)

Not it will not be replaced. Around a month back, they have launched CRDI version of Getz. What made you think that they will replace Getz? i10 will run parallely with Getz just like Maruti's cars which are running parallely (800 & Alto), (WagonR & Estilo) etc.

Lets face the reality.

Getz Prime to us in India is new and for the rest of the world its already reaching end of product life cycle.
So Hyundai has to upgrade Getz in Europe/Australia/South African markets.

Just like i10 being the sucessor to Santro,Hyundai is heavily working on upgrading the Getz and name it as i20 as they have global strategy to change the name of thier cars with "i" series.

With the step mother treatment Getz has got in India from Hyundai themselves shows that, its going to be replaced with i20 in future.

There is news that i20 would be displayed in end of 2008 in Frankfurt or Paris Auto show and I am guessing that it would be launched in 2009 globally.

i20 looks more Muscular/Sporty than current elegant/decent looking Getz.

Cheers
Anju

i20 will be similar to Getz if you consider i10 as the evolution of Santro. Eventually I feel i20 and i10 are going to be Hyundai's main offerings. If you google 'hyundai i20' you get a lot of speculative articles pointing to this direction. But the time frame can be anything from 2 to 4 years from now.

\\hkp

Getz might not get replaced with i20 immediately. It would be the same way i10 was launched with Santro still being in production. i20 should be slightly priced above Getz. I think they are launching this vehicle mainly targeting the European market. Anyway its for sure that they wont consider the phasing out of Getz immediately, not even after the launch of i20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anju (Post 627648)
With the step mother treatment Getz has got in India from Hyundai themselves shows that, its going to be replaced with i20 in future.

agree:
Hyundai is not bothering much about the Getz. Getz CRDi was launched only in cities, and in other cities, it is available only after booking. (not even display forget TD).

Getz 1.3 is priced too high. Sad state for what is a real good hatch in Indian conditions!

It will be but the Getz wont be phased out IMO.

Is i10 such a great car to replace Getz??
I dunno if I am the only odd one here, but I don't think so!

Getz has to reach a stage (it will, soon) when the prices can be brought down a bit more and will be sold in more numbers. It won't be that easy to stop these cars from production due to the cheap export option they have. Worldwide, the Getz has more acceptance than what it enjoys here in India.

i20?? Seriously??? Hope it doesn't look as bad as the smaller one!

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedzak (Post 627997)
Is i10 such a great car to replace Getz??

Me too.

TD'ed 4 cars in the segment including i10 and Getz 1.1, and found Getz 1.1 much better.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ads-share.html

Yes I agree that getz prime is new to india and getz CDRI is also new to india,

but look at the bigger picture. There is nothing new in these cars as both were selling outside india from long time. So for hyundi no new investment in R & D.

Putting verna engine in Getz also shows that they don't want to try something new , but just want to run the show with all the engine options till i20 is launched.

The only reason I think the getz will replaced is because of number of sells per month. After introducing getz 1.1 only getz started seeing some good sell numbers ,

If they launch the i20 in india and the correct price , they can get rid of the getz brand which was never a good seller for hyundai.

And hyundai will have all the latest models in india also like i10 , i20 , i30 ( are they copying BMW for the series name like 3xx , 5xx, 7xx etc?)

Just found old thread started be my me & seems I was true in whatever I was thinking at that time. It is interesting to see that the Accent is still running , verna had two versions which flopped & new verna is getting launched. Hyundai should soon bring i30 & i40 both instead of showing just ads ( world cup Hyundai ad has them , but they are not in india)