Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2009, 09:55   #151
BHPian

nice scoop benny. thanks .
Old 12th June 2009, 10:17   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
I heard that they was planning to launch 4- door KA.

Any how it looks like this

Focus
It surely doesn't look like the Focus but more like the Fiesta and I am bowled over this car. May be my new car would be this. All Fod has to do is price is right andgive us the diesel engine.

PS: The new Ford Ka is based on the Fiat 500; hence, it cannot come cheap!
Old 12th June 2009, 10:21   #153
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekanand005 View Post
nice scoop benny. thanks .
Your welcome, Vivek.

Its been ages since John and I spotted this car testing in Chennai, but there hasnt been much progress from Ford's end. Looks like they are going to make true another prediction of ours, whereby this car would hit the showrooms only by 2010, post the Ikon's demise. Or will the Ikon still continue?
Old 12th June 2009, 10:25   #154
Senior - BHPian

Benny, didn't Ford already confirm this that they would be launching a small car in 2010?
Old 12th June 2009, 23:59   #155
BHPian

SCOOP !! Ford's new small car for India (with Spy Pics)

Here is what I know about the new small car from Ford:

- Launch in Late Feb or Early March 2010
- Priced between 4 and 5.5 lakh ex-showroom
- Space will be in i20 territory (in fact the motto of the PD guys is i20 space for the price of i10)
- Will have ABS and Airbags in higher variants
- Trial production started last month. Job 1 in Nov 2009
- Based on the earlier European Fiesta platform
- Front looks like the latest European Fiesta (direct quote from someone who has seen the car).
- Engine options unknown - Engines will be produced in the new engine plant set up in Ford premises. Engine production starts in August 2009.
Old 13th June 2009, 01:34   #156
Senior - BHPian

So this is pitted against the Ritz i guess and surely with 1.2l engine.
Old 13th June 2009, 09:04   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
Here is what I know about the new small car from Ford:

- Launch in Late Feb or Early March 2010
- Priced between 4 and 5.5 lakh ex-showroom
- Space will be in i20 territory (in fact the motto of the PD guys is i20 space for the price of i10)
- Will have ABS and Airbags in higher variants
- Trial production started last month. Job 1 in Nov 2009
- Based on the earlier European Fiesta platform
- Front looks like the latest European Fiesta (direct quote from someone who has seen the car).
- Engine options unknown - Engines will be produced in the new engine plant set up in Ford premises. Engine production starts in August 2009.

First post and it brings good news on my face!!! The car should be 6 lakhs for the top of the line model! This is the last chance for Ford.
Old 13th June 2009, 18:19   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
The 1.4 TDCi is a shoe-in for the small car. When locally produced, it will certainly help Ford to hold price-levels mentioned by chennai-Indian, who seems to have inside information?
Old 17th June 2009, 15:29   #159
BHPian

Artist's impression from a blogspot

Revista Motores: O futuro do Fiesta no Brasil
Old 17th June 2009, 15:41   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
Posting the image from the site here for the benefit of all. I think the car looks hot!
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP !! Ford's new small car for India (with Spy Pics). Update launched now Figo!-novo-ford-fiesta-f.jpg  

Old 17th June 2009, 15:53   #161
Senior - BHPian

It looks like a mix of i20 & i10 from the front.
Old 17th June 2009, 16:37   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It looks like a mix of i20 & i10 from the front.
I second it
But it rather looks more muscular and seems the GC is well enhanced
Old 17th June 2009, 19:05   #163
BHPian

I am a bit disappointed with the design to be honest. I think Ford plays it ultra defensive when it comes to styling cars here. Ford is rolling out its small car here in 2010. At the same time, it is rolling out this Focus in Europe

I understand India and Europe are as disparate markets as chalk and cheese. But I just dont sympathise the need to be so fundametally diverse in terms of design. None of the cars Ford India has in market today are anywhere near exciting to look at - though their Fiesta and Ikon rank very high in terms of power and driving dynamics. And this from a manufacturer who has given us the MkI & MkII Focus, the Mondeo, the Fiesta etc. Even a manufacturer like Suzuki (known for its rather bland designs) has introduced the Swift - which people here tout as a breakthrough design.
Come on Ford, you can do better. Give us something that's as exciting to loot at as they are to drive.

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures.

Last edited by Technocrat : 17th June 2009 at 19:12. Reason: Please read the note in post, thanks
Old 17th June 2009, 22:26   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthym View Post
I am a bit disappointed with the design to be honest. I think Ford plays it ultra defensive when it comes to styling cars here. Ford is rolling out its small car here in 2010. At the same time, it is rolling out this Focus in Europe
I think we need to look at the new European Fiesta to see where Ford is going with even the design of India specific cars - the photo from the Brazilian website looks more like the older European Fiesta - my understanding is that the car looks more stylish with more of the "kinetic design" philosophy that adorns Ford's European cars.

Another tidbit (which was also a cover story on Auto India a while back) is that Ford is seriously considering introduction of the new European Fiesta (Sedan version) in India - I saw 2 test cars just outside the Ford plant last month. We may have to wait until 2011 for the launch though
Old 5th August 2009, 15:55   #165
Team-BHP Support

Found these pics while prowling around some other car blogs. Based on the camouflague, it looks similar to the pics posted earlier. This should confirm what we are going to be getting.

SCOOP !! Ford's new small car for India (with Spy Pics). Update launched now Figo!-2010_ford_small_car_splash3.jpg

SCOOP !! Ford's new small car for India (with Spy Pics). Update launched now Figo!-2010_ford_small_car_splash2.jpg

These are not my pics. All copyright to the respective owners.
Source
Closed Thread

Most Viewed