Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2009, 19:55   #181
Senior - BHPian

I have spotted the same while I was on my drive on Chennai-Tindivanam stretch.

It was a diesel car, the black smoke made it more obvious, the car did quickly get into nice speed. I was clicking pictures chasing him and the guy quickly realized and slowed down and took bay.
Old 8th September 2009, 20:06   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
caught this in pune 2 days ago. interior was same as current Indian fiesta.
Did you notice where the tail lamp cluster was, just in case you see the rear of the car when the driver had applied brakes? If the C piller was lit through the masking, it is certainly a hatch.
Old 8th September 2009, 20:12   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
maybe this is the new small car! To me the whole boot section looks fake - an addon to confuse people, especially since there seems to be no lights.

great spotting!
Right.
The boot is actually making it look weird so must be a hatch only.
The interiors do look like fiesta and in fact better than it in the first glance.
Now we need the scoopmaster Sidindica to work on this
Old 8th September 2009, 20:30   #184
BHPian

it is definitely a hatch. look at the position of the fuel cap lid, too forward for a sedan.
Old 8th September 2009, 21:17   #185
Senior - BHPian

Look at the spy pics a lil' closely.The dimensions,shape,proportions,shape of the flared wheel arches all match the last gen Fiesta hatch except the headlights and stuff.I think our small car here is heavily going to be based on this car below,with a little bit tinkering of the front,back an other bits.
Its going to get the new Ikon like face for sure.
SCOOP !! Ford's new small car for India (with Spy Pics). Update launched now Figo!-ford_fiesta.jpg
But thats a horrible dash color.Expect biege.
Old 8th September 2009, 21:18   #186
Team-BHP Support

That boot is surely a fake!
Also, those alloys are a sure give away that the car is a Ford.

@Ayan : That is the same as the spy pic which i had posted at the beginning of this thread.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 8th September 2009 at 21:20.
Old 8th September 2009, 21:51   #187
Senior - BHPian

@Ayan- I think you are right.
Headlights and the grill looks identical and even if you check the alloys in spy pics and the one you had posted they too look same. If it indeed is this one well for me its quiet boring!
Old 8th September 2009, 22:03   #188
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a mix of a fusion and fiesta. Thats a bad idea. The mango PPL(aam janta) will always look at it as a revamped fusion.
Old 8th September 2009, 22:03   #189
Senior - BHPian

A bit more closer inspection-Even the handles and positioning of the shoulder line matches! Expect new modern front and back end,Indian Fiesta ORVMs and other itsy-bitsy stuff! Ford India will sell us old wine in a new bottle.Tch tch.
Old 8th September 2009, 22:35   #190
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
A bit more closer inspection-Even the handles and positioning of the shoulder line matches! Expect new modern front and back end,Indian Fiesta ORVMs and other itsy-bitsy stuff! Ford India will sell us old wine in a new bottle.Tch tch.

Ford-India did mention that they rae developing this India specific platform (B517) based on the previous generation Fiesta sold in UK. They will spruce up the front and rear and maximise the reuse of current Fiesta sedan parts to stay competitive on prices.

This will anyway be unvield in the Frankfurt motor show, so it is only 9 more days of wait.

The pricing is expected to start from 3.7 lac onwards, so we can forgive Ford for borrowing from the earlier generation Fiesta design.

What i am wondering is which 1.2 petrol engine will Ford put in this car? Can't think of any 1.2 petrol in their current line-up.
Old 8th September 2009, 22:38   #191
Senior - BHPian

Nice catch, but how are they allowed to test drive without tail lamps?
Old 8th September 2009, 23:05   #192
BHPian

I thought Fiesta hatchback to be launched in India would be the model that is currently doing duty in Europe. But going by the spy pics it doesnt look like Fiesta Verve. It simply looks like hatchback version of Fiesta model doing duty here, which means its based on old gen Fiesta platform as many of you guys are saying. I seriously dint expect this, what a letdown.

Still, if they come up with a good looking front end and rear end, and rest of body though based on old gen platform it will atleast definitely look better than some of the cars that are doing rounds here namely Ritz, Estilo, i10, etc. What do u guys think ?
Old 8th September 2009, 23:38   #193
BHPian

As I read in an article, Ford will develop & use the EcoBoost 1.2-litre petrol and 1.5-litre diesel engine with regular technology in their small car. They also say the engine will increase fuel mileage by 20 per cent. It will reduce carbon dioxide emissions by 15 per cent compared with conventional petrol and diesel engines. These engies are already used in ford compact cars in the US

Above all they claim to localize the car by 85%..I guess the price is goin to be very competative..may be surely within 3L-5L bracket
Old 9th September 2009, 07:16   #194
BHPian

what i think about the car....

the new small car will have
1)1.4 tdci engine(because when the new fiesta is launched it wil get the 1.6)
2)As seen from the pic it hares the interiors with that of the current fiesta
3)obviously it will get those trapazoidal grilles to give it a sporty look

if its going to get those fusion like tail lamps its seriously going to be boring..

photoshop dudes out there why dont u people get those new headlamps,trapazoidal grilles etc.. and render an image and post it..

thank you in advance
Old 9th September 2009, 15:32   #195
BANNED

Nice photos. Thanks for sharing. I would consider this as Fusion ++ as a replacement of Fusion. It may be smaller than 4m length to get the cost benefit. I think the only downside of Fusion was its front design (headlights & grills) which were not appealing to the majority. Now that the front looks similar to Fiesta/ Ikon, it should do well.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks