Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2009, 16:06   #166
Senior - BHPian

Isn't the back lights of this spy pics car looks like a Punto back light?
Old 5th August 2009, 16:10   #167
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Isn't the back lights of this spy pics car looks like a Punto back light?
And i thought the Punto rear lights looked like the Fusion rear lights.

But seriously, all rear lights mounted on the C pillar of hatches end up looking kinda similar.
Old 5th August 2009, 16:25   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
And i thought the Punto rear lights looked like the Fusion rear lights.

But seriously, all rear lights mounted on the C pillar of hatches end up looking kinda similar.
ya i agree.
But if you check the back profile in this pic it is very smilar to Punto's back!
Any idea when this is coming to india?
Old 5th August 2009, 16:36   #169
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

well said. if the Hyundai I 20 and Honda Jazz can go "cutting edge" in terms of their styling then I completely fail to understand why Ford is still "fiddle-faddling" with their old, irritating and silly looking designs.
The Fiesta, while it may be a good vehicle, looks very sad.
Ikon should be completely retired now.
Fusion also would do well to shut shop and so would the Endeavour.
What Ford needs is a fresh infusion (no pun intended) of design and a fusion (again no pun intended) of high style & panache Plus their nice driving dynamics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthym View Post
I am a bit disappointed with the design to be honest. I think Ford plays it ultra defensive when it comes to styling cars here. Ford is rolling out its small car here in 2010. At the same time, it is rolling out this Focus in Europe

I understand India and Europe are as disparate markets as chalk and cheese. But I just dont sympathise the need to be so fundametally diverse in terms of design. None of the cars Ford India has in market today are anywhere near exciting to look at - though their Fiesta and Ikon rank very high in terms of power and driving dynamics. And this from a manufacturer who has given us the MkI & MkII Focus, the Mondeo, the Fiesta etc. Even a manufacturer like Suzuki (known for its rather bland designs) has introduced the Swift - which people here tout as a breakthrough design.
Come on Ford, you can do better. Give us something that's as exciting to loot at as they are to drive.

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures.
Old 5th August 2009, 16:43   #170
BHPian

All about Ford's new small car

- Ford’s new small car will compete with the likes of the Peugeot 206 and Renault Clio, two cars that even Indians can look forward to in the coming years.

- It will be unveiled at the Frankfurt Motor Show this September.

- A 1.4 TDCi engine delivering 68hp and a 1.2-liter petrol engine would also be available from the time of launch.

- Codenamed B517, this car is based on a phased out Ford Fiesta platform which curbs development cost and time. Ford worked for 19 months on this car, and test mules have been caught in Europe, India and Australia.

- Over 300 prototypes have been sent around the world to come back with information.

- The car will be made in India, Australia was on the verge of making it, but pulled out in the last moment.

- This new small car would be priced around $7,500 in India, making it Ford's first ever mass market offering in the country.

- The base model will have just an A.C and power steering.

- It will share small items with the Fiesta, like the door handle or the A.C vent, which should make traveling in it a pleasant experience.

I can remember only this much of information at this point, if you have specific questions, you can post it below and I'll see if I can recollect any more.
Old 5th August 2009, 16:55   #171
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

isnt it sad that we still have to hear that "even Indians can look forward to such cars in the coming years"
what do these manufacturers think they are?
are we always to be treated as 'lesser mortals' in the auto-motor-automobile world's scheme of things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by notjustshrawan View Post
- Ford’s new small car will compete with the likes of the Peugeot 206 and Renault Clio, two cars that even Indians can look forward to in the coming years.

- It will be unveiled at the Frankfurt Motor Show this September.

- A 1.4 TDCi engine delivering 68hp and a 1.2-liter petrol engine would also be available from the time of launch.

- Codenamed B517, this car is based on a phased out Ford Fiesta platform which curbs development cost and time. Ford worked for 19 months on this car, and test mules have been caught in Europe, India and Australia.

- Over 300 prototypes have been sent around the world to come back with information.

- The car will be made in India, Australia was on the verge of making it, but pulled out in the last moment.

- This new small car would be priced around $7,500 in India, making it Ford's first ever mass market offering in the country.

- The base model will have just an A.C and power steering.

- It will share small items with the Fiesta, like the door handle or the A.C vent, which should make traveling in it a pleasant experience.

I can remember only this much of information at this point, if you have specific questions, you can post it below and I'll see if I can recollect any more.
Old 5th August 2009, 17:10   #172
Senior - BHPian

A BORING piece of automobile.It almost looks like a Fusion with an Ikon bumper and grille job..its really sad that the edgy kinetic design treatment only stays till the bumpers and grilles in India.The remaining is always play-safe and conservative..
Old 5th August 2009, 17:16   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
A BORING piece of automobile.It almost looks like a Fusion with an Ikon bumper and grille job..its really sad that the edgy kinetic design treatment only stays till the bumpers and grilles in India.The remaining is always play-safe and conservative..
Fact. But I don't think the Kinetic Design philosophy can be carried out on a low-cost car on full blast. Maybe the new Fiesta or the next Fiesta sedan can have it in them, but the small car is bugged with cost constraints and there's very little Ford can do.
Old 5th August 2009, 19:49   #174
Senior - BHPian

The problem with Ford designs in India is that none of their passenger cars are of the current/latest generation vis a vis the models available in Europe. Therefore we are stuck with the decade old wedgy shapes, part of the previous 'Edge' design language of Ford instead of the latest 'Kinetic' theme. The 'Edge' models have aged very well and are still handsome looking compared to some rivals but look really dated compared to the latest 'Kinetic' versions.
The facelifts given to both the Fiesta and the Ikon was an attempt to make it look closer to the European relatives, but its age is aldready showing. Hoping that Ford decides to bring the latest generation of their models into India especially the Fiesta. This will bring a breath of fresh air not only to its Indian model range but the whole market which is fed up of being fead on a steady diet of blandness, ugliness or smiley grills (barring the Linea/Punto of course).
Old 5th August 2009, 21:58   #175
oss
BHPian

@notjustshrawan: When can we expect the 1.6l TDCi engine in the Fiesta?
Old 6th August 2009, 07:52   #176
BHPian

if they are going to get the old version it wont do well.. i think they have to get the small car with those current fiesta grilles which will give the car a sporty look,..
Old 6th August 2009, 13:44   #177
Senior - BHPian

Ford reveals small car prototype to Dealers

Ford has recently revealed the B157 Small car at a dealers meet in Chennai, as per a 'highly trusted source' (The Economic Times) Details available are
  • First quarter of 2010 launch
  • Indigenous diesel engine
  • Aiming to compete with Swift, i20
  • India will be export hub for the B157 car
  • Ford to invest another Rs.2000 crores to increase capacity from 1 to 2.5 lacs
Considering that this car is probably less than 6-7 months away, there should be plenty more disguised prototypes doing their rounds.

sources:
Ford plans small car debut in '10- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Ford India to launch small car in a year
Old 8th September 2009, 19:21   #178
Senior - BHPian

caught this in pune 2 days ago. interior was same as current Indian fiesta.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP !! Ford's new small car for India (with Spy Pics). Update launched now Figo!-03092009001.jpg  

SCOOP !! Ford's new small car for India (with Spy Pics). Update launched now Figo!-03092009.jpg  

SCOOP !! Ford's new small car for India (with Spy Pics). Update launched now Figo!-03092009002.jpg  

SCOOP !! Ford's new small car for India (with Spy Pics). Update launched now Figo!-03092009003.jpg  

Old 8th September 2009, 19:47   #179
Senior - BHPian

maybe this is the new small car! To me the whole boot section looks fake - an addon to confuse people, especially since there seems to be no lights.

great spotting!
Old 8th September 2009, 19:51   #180
BHPian

Yes it does look like the boot is stuck on. Looks like the Fiesta hatch to me.

Also the driver should be fined by Ford for allowing the kid to sit without a seat belt.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks